Movies

AUBwins

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Actually watched Snatch recently. Dude was money in that and what a great movie. My only issue with Pitt in that one is I have no clue if he's nailing the accent, lol. Jk. 

Good luck with that fever! Ugh. HATE being sick. 

Thanks....happens every year a couple of weeks before football season.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Totally agreed on the acting, Bro Nix! I had no idea that was Young Lady McDowell. That explains why she's 1) so pretty and 2) such a good actress. Yes, a star for sure. Agreed about the little girl and the leads, too. Don't know if it was Leo's best but I definitely can't name better. And even though it was a much less scene-eating performance, I thought Margot Robbie did a phenomenal job. Of course, she could literally just stand there reading the dictionary and I would write letters to the Academy on her behalf. 100% goddess and we are incredibly lucky that a woman who looks like that can also act. 

I suppose we shouldn't talk about the 3rd act out of respect for our fellow cinephiles but DUDE. I spent the whole movie wondering how it was going to go down and... well... I have regained any love I ever had for Tarantino and more.

So where do we rank this one? For me, it's still Pulp Fiction at the top and then this one is duking it out with Kill Bill. (Combined, in my rankings.) I need to rewatch Reservoir Dogs, though. Been a very long time. 

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Great great point on Margot. I went back after I saw Once Upon a Time and saw some Sharon Tate interviews that I could find on Youtube and Margot tooooooooootally had down pat the voice, the cadence and her mannerisms. Even in a smaller than it should of been role for her she totally nailed it as far as I am concerned!!! Good on you for giving her the credit! 

I 100% co sign!!!!! Only behind Pulp Fiction for me but I also have not seen Reservoir Dogs in a long time so maybe I need to go that before I officially put it second!

Reservoir Dogs the best to date..............imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Hollywood last night......I didn’t really get it. Or maybe I did get it but didn’t like it. Worst QT movie for me. Strong cast, good acting, didn’t  get too interesting till the end and that was crazy. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Saw Hollywood last night......I didn’t really get it. Or maybe I did get it but didn’t like it. Worst QT movie for me. Strong cast, good acting, didn’t  get too interesting till the end and that was crazy. 

Sound like my wife when she watched trailer.

@McLoofus FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! Number 3 is coming WHICH IS LONG LONG OH SO VERY LONG OVER DUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

@McLoofus FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! Number 3 is coming WHICH IS LONG LONG OH SO VERY LONG OVER DUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol 

I'm old........means I have to watch 1&2 again.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I'm old........means I have to watch 1&2 again.

ANY excuse to watch Bad Boys 1 and 2 means it has indeed been a good day!!! WOOOOO!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Hard to believe Sid Haig is 80 years old.

He still looks the same as he did when House of 1000 Corpses came out. 

Also about 2 weeks til my annual 31 horror movies in 31 days. Wife’s new job has her getting off right at 5 every day, so there’s a good chance we’ll hit 31 this year. 

• Love 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

He still looks the same as he did when House of 1000 Corpses came out. 

Also about 2 weeks til my annual 31 horror movies in 31 days. Wife’s new job has her getting off right at 5 every day, so there’s a good chance we’ll hit 31 this year. 

That was my next question thanks..........been looking forward to the countdown for several weeks now.

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Chapter 1 followed the book pretty closely. Except for a certain part that would essentially be illegal to film. 

So the whole feeding on fear thing is from the book? 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

So the whole feeding on fear thing is from the book? 

Indeed. The Tim Curry version touches on it in a roundabout way because that’s the reason why the adults can’t see any of Pennywise’s manifestations(specifically Bev and the drain/bathroom). 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Indeed. The Tim Curry version touches on it in a roundabout way because that’s the reason why the adults can’t see any of Pennywise’s manifestations(specifically Bev and the drain/bathroom). 

Ahhh got ya. 

Yeah I haven't seen the original or read the book, but that makes sense. I guess since the first movie was true to print my criticism doesn't really matter, but I walked away wishing Pennywise wasn't so campy. I thought the first scene with Georgie and his boat was the most compelling/scary scene in the whole film, because he was trying to manipulate and gain the trust of the kid, as opposed to outright attempting to scare him. 

32 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Ahhh got ya. 

Yeah I haven't seen the original or read the book, but that makes sense. I guess since the first movie was true to print my criticism doesn't really matter, but I walked away wishing Pennywise wasn't so campy. I thought the first scene with Georgie and his boat was the most compelling/scary scene in the whole film, because he was trying to manipulate and gain the trust of the kid, as opposed to outright attempting to scare him. 

Do yourself a favor and at least watch the first part of the original movie. Hell, read the book if you have time(it’s around 1k pages). 

Or even listen to audiobook. The audiobook is fantastic. Narrated by one of the brothers from Wings, and he does a different voice for every character. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He died today. 😕

Very sad.........according to wikepedia he has a completed movie comming out and 1 that was still filming..........busy schedule......Also never knew he was offered role of Marsellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction and turned it down.

12 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Very sad.........according to wikepedia he has a completed movie comming out and 1 that was still filming..........busy schedule......Also never knew he was offered role of Marsellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction and turned it down.

No kidding?? Very interesting. RIP

• Like 1