Movies

AUBwins

@ShocksMyBrain Wasn't able to watch Mother, I did however watch Don't Breathe...........was pretty good........I did tell my wife at the beginning I would slit the dogs throat.......even Ed Rooney(Ferris Bueller) knows flowers are a temporary fix😂

Edited by kevon67
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

19/31: Cabin Fever(2002)

Funny I was thinking of this movie when watching Cabin in the Woods trailer......scrolled down and here it is........Really enjoyed this movie❤

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Funny I was thinking of this movie when watching Cabin in the Woods trailer......scrolled down and here it is........Really enjoyed this movie❤

It’s one of my favorite movies. 

There’s a shot for shot remake on Netflix btw. The cast of the original is perfect though. 

• Love 1

17 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

17/31: Final Destination 2(2003). The log truck scene is forever burned in my memory, and I always make sure to get around log trucks as quickly and safely as possible when I’m on the road. 

It's really interesting what a cultural phenomenon that scene is. Maybe because it mixed horror with a very common, everyday occurrence that everyone encounters at one time or another? But I don't know many people my age, give or take 10 years, that don't think of that scene just about anytime they're next to a flatbed hauling long, cylindrical objects. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Anyone seen The Open House on Netflix? If so is it worth watching? The lead actor was in 13 Reasons

Only 10 minutes in and so far so good.........I say go for it!👍

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Anyone seen The Open House on Netflix? If so is it worth watching? The lead actor was in 13 Reasons

Update don't waste your time.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

20/31: Green Inferno(2013). It’s Eli Roth so you know it’s unsettling.

Heard this was very good.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:49 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

17/31: Final Destination 2(2003). The log truck scene is forever burned in my memory, and I always make sure to get around log trucks as quickly and safely as possible when I’m on the road. 

Bro.

BRO.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/21/us/car-impaled-by-log-truck-trnd/index.html

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dude man bro. 

“The driver apparently was leaning down to get something he dropped when he ran into the log truck, O'Brien said.”

100% Final Destination. 

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Dude man bro. 

“The driver apparently was leaning down to get something he dropped when he ran into the log truck, O'Brien said.”

100% Final Destination. 

:blink:

On 10/9/2019 at 3:10 PM, Barnacle said:

Speaking of Joker, has anyone seen it yet? Any good?

Meant to post this, kept forgetting....

I thought Joker was one of the best made movies I've seen in many years. That's not to say it was one of my favorites, but rather, I still can attests to it being very well done, extremely well acted, and quite a refreshing change from the ' amusement park ' huge budget movies we've been fed now for the past 10+ years. 

I read this on another forum, by some poster, not a  film critic. It summed up my views nicely, and I think captures the feel of the movie. 

If Joker were a painting, it would be a Picasso during his Cubist period. Distorted but familiar. Sad but you can’t look away; much like a car accident - we just have to see: did anyone get hurt. This is how Joker lives, on the ugly side of life. But it’s fascinating. It is so well written, not a wasted word or a wasted scene. And, above all, NO preachy dialogue

• Like 2

My count is ahead of my wife’s somehow. But here’s my 25-30. 

I accidentally watched Happy Death Day 2 U, the sequel, before the first one. The first one was more enjoyable than the sequel. 

Blackcoat’s Daughter was okay. Somewhat predictable. 

DUyZVIE.jpg

According to my wife’s count, we’re 3 movies away from 31. Regardless, we’ll hit our 31 this year for the first time since we’ve been attempting the challenge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

My count is ahead of my wife’s somehow. But here’s my 25-30. 

I accidentally watched Happy Death Day 2 U, the sequel, before the first one. The first one was more enjoyable than the sequel. 

Blackcoat’s Daughter was okay. Somewhat predictable. 

DUyZVIE.jpg

According to my wife’s count, we’re 3 movies away from 31. Regardless, we’ll hit our 31 this year for the first time since we’ve been attempting the challenge. 

Totally agree on Blackcoat's daughter.........still loved the dark atmosphere 👍