Movies

AUBwins

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Looks like you can get NatGeo through Disney+, which might be included with your Hulu, not sure.

https://www.disneyplus.com/?cid=DTCI-Synergy-NatGeoTV-Site-Acquisition-PreSales-US-DisneyPlus-NA-EN-PromoModule-bottomofpg_slimbanner_PreOrderNowCTA-NA

I can double  check Disney+ tonight. 

EDIT: Yeah, you can definitely stream it via Disney+.

Hulu can be done as a bundle with Disney or separately. When we were thinking of getting Disney last November, I read an article regarding the bundle options. First sign up with the Hulu package you want. Then sign up for Disney bundle using the same sign up information as your Hulu account (only the user name portion, passwords can be different). You will have 2 bills, but Disney bundle portion reduces to $7 to make up the Hulu portion of the bundle. Benefits are more streams available for Hulu portion. You can get the allowable streams for Hulu instead of only 1 stream allowed getting the full bundle with Disney. This also allows you to upgrade Hulu to the commercial free version if you choose. This version of Hulu is basically to watch Most network shows the day after air. They also have a live TV platform for about $60 with local channels and sports etc. 

There is a lot of National Geo content on Disney +

So I dropped Sling TV in November, in place of Disney, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle to go along with Netflix. Have not regretted it, while missing my sports right now. However with all sports canceled, it’s turned out to be the perfect time to have saved that money. 

• Like 3

Anyways just watched What Happened to Monday last night On Netflix. Dated about 50 years in future but got progressively intense as the movie went along. Interesting concept. Only 1 child allowed per household to prevent over population, but we follow the story of 7 identical siblings hiding in plain sight. Couldn’t pause it towards the end. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, alexava said:

Just finished “ Road to Perdition “ good movie. Don’t know how I missed it for so many years..

I’ve had it on my mental watch list for years. Never watched it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve had it on my mental watch list for years. Never watched it.

I wasn’t disappointed. I don’t recall ever seeing anything about it before last night..I done remember how long it is but I am battling insomnia and it seemed like it was a quick show.  After it was over I started rewatching Shawshank and finally dozed off.. 

36 minutes ago, alexava said:

I wasn’t disappointed. I don’t recall ever seeing anything about it before last night..I done remember how long it is but I am battling insomnia and it seemed like it was a quick show.  After it was over I started rewatching Shawshank and finally dozed off.. 

I’m picky about my period(basically anything before 1970) pieces. Just can’t dig them. However, I watched the Gangs of New York last week and enjoyed it. It was longer than it needed to be, 2nd act was rushed. 

Also, not a big mafia movie guy. Godfather was god awfully boring. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Per Sematary 2019 was absolute trash. I’m kind of pissed I wasted that much time of my day watching it. 

Thanks.👍 Didn't watch it because I thought that be exactly what it was going to be.........thanks for confirming👍

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m picky about my period(basically anything before 1970) pieces. Just can’t dig them. However, I watched the Gangs of New York last week and enjoyed it. It was longer than it needed to be, 2nd act was rushed. 

Also, not a big mafia movie guy. Godfather was god awfully boring. 

Same enjoyed Gangs of New York.........Godfather took 3rd time watching just to line flashback characters to the moderen day characters.......way overly complicated storytelling in my opinion............just binged The Last Kingdom with only 2 weeks till season 4.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kevon67 said:

just binged The Last Kingdom with only 2 weeks till season 4.

So ready for this. Don’t have the time to fully re-binge it before it airs but probably should. I watched the entire GOT series since watching last kingdom so I may be mixing up flashbacks lol. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Watched Parasite today. It was really, really good. Free on Hulu btw. 

Worth the hype and then some.

Watched Honey Boy on Amazon last night. I thought it was okay. McWifey hated it so much she was angry afterward. Definitely not a "fun" movie. 

On 4/12/2020 at 8:59 AM, kevon67 said:

Same enjoyed Gangs of New York.........Godfather took 3rd time watching just to line flashback characters to the moderen day characters.......way overly complicated storytelling in my opinion............just binged The Last Kingdom with only 2 weeks till season 4.

Just started watching it I'm on episode 4 season one. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Just started watching it I'm on episode 4 season one. 

It's a good one, I really enjoyed it.

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's a good one, I really enjoyed it.

Love period series/movies especially of England, now I'm ready to pillage the Britons

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Love period series/movies especially of England, now I'm ready to pillage the Britons

Uhtred son of Uhtred would agree. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just watched another old one. Mystic River, 2003. Excellent movie. Before that I watched The Mechanic, it was OK. Before that I saw Mississippi Grind. I wouldn’t recommend that one. I’m wasting a lot of time..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Everytime I see Ubba I think of ABBA

image.jpeg

Maybe they are Bubbas ..... too much? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

For fans of the 2nd-greatest Rodney Dangerfield movie of all time.

“Call me sometime when you have no class “

• Love 1

Yesterday, in memory of my dad (b. 1941, d. 1997) and finding our present house on his April 16th birthday in 2004, we grilled steaks (his forte), enjoyed non-homemade but nonetheless fantastic blackberry (he loved to pick 'em) cobbler, and introduced our early 20-somethings to '60s-'70's "Kurt Russell Disney." No better time spent..."The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes." 6 PM CST, Sunday night's "Wonderful World of Disney." No matter your age or theirs, be sure your kids have a glimpse of life before 2020. 💖🦖🎶🦋💖

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 8:24 PM, alexava said:

Just watched another old one. Mystic River, 2003. Excellent movie. Before that I watched The Mechanic, it was OK. Before that I saw Mississippi Grind. I wouldn’t recommend that one. I’m wasting a lot of time..

If you haven't seen Free State of Jones then I recommend it. Matthew McConaughey is one of my favorites and he does a good job in this one. 

Just now, gr82be said:

If you haven't seen Free State of Jones then I recommend it. Matthew McConaughey is one of my favorites and he does a good job in this one. 

Saw it a few months ago. Very good.