Movies

AUBwins

On 10/11/2020 at 2:01 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

9/31. I’ve always really enjoyed this one despite the not so great reviews. 

Hell of a creepy still right there.

• Like 1

12.5/31 I guess? This movie was pretty bad. I know it’s a classic 80s horror, but one particular character completely ruined it for us. Turned it off an hour in. I remember seeing the box of this VHS in video rental stores for years and it always stuck with me. I’ll finish it one of these days, but it was a pretty painful hour. It surpassed even enjoyment of making fun of it. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

14 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

12.5/31 I guess? This movie was pretty bad. I know it’s a classic 80s horror, but one particular character completely ruined it for us. Turned it off an hour in. I remember seeing the box of this VHS in video rental stores for years and it always stuck with me. I’ll finish it one of these days, but it was a pretty painful hour. It surpassed even enjoyment of making fun of it. 

Liked it a lot as a kid but I can imagine it might not hold up.

Once Bitten with Jim Carrey and Lauren Hutton (*bites knuckle real hard*) might be a good, extremely cheesy, comedic alternative.

I saw some good ones recently:

Amazon prime: Terminator Dark Fate.  Seems like they just made up a different story line than some previous movies, but it was still decent if you like the franchise.

Netflix: Columbiana (Zoe Saldana - 'nuff said) and In a Valley of Violence (cowboy movie).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'll be checking it out. 

It's worth a watch, but is no Clint Eastwood movie.

• Like 1

Jeff Bridges has been diagnosed with Lymphoma. 😔

From his FB: 

As the Dude would say.. New S**T has come to light. 

I have been diagnosed with Lymphoma. Although it is a serious disease, I feel fortunate that I have a great team of doctors and the prognosis is good. 

I’m starting treatment and will keep you posted on my recovery.

I’m profoundly grateful for the love and support from my family and friends.

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.  And, while I have you, please remember to go vote. Because we are all in this together. Vote.org

Love, Jeff

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Jeff Bridges has been diagnosed with Lymphoma. 😔

From his FB: 

As the Dude would say.. New S**T has come to light. 

I have been diagnosed with Lymphoma. Although it is a serious disease, I feel fortunate that I have a great team of doctors and the prognosis is good. 

I’m starting treatment and will keep you posted on my recovery.

I’m profoundly grateful for the love and support from my family and friends.

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.  And, while I have you, please remember to go vote. Because we are all in this together. Vote.org

Love, Jeff

Shut the **** up, Donnie. 

Skipping ahead. Movies 18-25....Child’s Play 2019(it was actually pretty decent), The Houses October Built, Last House On the Left(1972), The Craft, IT Chapter 1, The Shining, Ghostbusters, Midsommar. 

26/31. Mostly child friendly. I was a massive fan of Roald Dahl as a child and of this book and original movie. Our girl Octavia Spencer does a great job and it is set in Demopolis, AL and a fictional hotel on the Gulf. Watch it on HBO Max.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2