Movies

AUBwins

Halloween night double feature. Two of my absolute favorite Halloween movies that are truly exemplary of just what Halloween really is—fun. I think this is just the second year in a row we’ve been able to 31/31. 

30/31

31/31

And that wraps it up. I stayed away from some real classics this year(Halloween, Elm Street, Friday the 13th) for no real reason other than to check out some new things. 

November is Harry Potter month in my home for whatever reason other than it just acts as a buffer between Christmas movies. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

On 9/17/2020 at 8:16 AM, McLoofus said:

I'm scared to watch. Honestly. 

Kinda like stepping on the scale. 

Dude I've seen your legs in pictures you've posted........You should have 0 problems stepping on scale😂👍

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Thoroughly enjoyed this flick. Crazy Nic Cage at his finest. Definitely a cult-movie type feel. Super small budget, $12m. 

YES. Loved Mandy and thought of it as soon as the trailer started. I hope Nic Cage and the Mandy people become like Bill Murray and Wes Anderson or Steve Buscemi and the Coen brothers. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's a couple of years old, but really enjoyed "The man who invented Christmas"  It's on hulu right now, but it's the story behind Charles Dickens writing a Christmas Carol.  Great watch and good cast. 

Screenshot_20201223-221314_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Also finally watch Ford vs Ferrari. Fantastic movie. 

Christian Bale did an excellent job of portraying the British mantra of that time period.  Enjoyed the movie.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Christian Bale did an excellent job of portraying the British mantra of that time period.  Enjoyed the movie.

Bale is a good actor......was in a movie with Mark Walberg. Boxing movie based on true story but name escapes me.....impressive performance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Bale is a good actor......was in a movie with Mark Walberg. Boxing movie based on true story but name escapes me.....impressive performance.

Hostiles was another good movie (Western) he was in.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 8:25 PM, kevon67 said:

Look for a movie called Rescue Dawn if you haven't already seen it. One of those mythic acting performances where he put himself through hell and transformed his body to match what his character- Dieter Dingler, on whose true story the movie is based- went through. Werner Herzog directed. If you're familiar with that guy, you know you're in for something intense. Very good movie. 

• Love 1

Jeeeesus. I can’t turn off the faucets after watching this. What a touching and thoughtful film. Pro-tip: let the credits roll...Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross did the score and it’s ******* beautiful. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Jeeeesus. I can’t turn off the faucets after watching this. What a touching and thoughtful film. Pro-tip: let the credits roll...Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross did the score and it’s ******* beautiful. 

Have watched a little bit and was very intrigued. Was also dead ass tired and had taken a Benadryl. Really want to get back to it.

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Always watch thru the credits some of the best songs are played there

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my favorites:

Pi

Requiem for a Dream

House of 1000 Corpses

Devil's Rejects

The Revenant

41 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Some of my favorites:

Pi

Requiem for a Dream

House of 1000 Corpses

Devil's Rejects

The Revenant

Look at this guy and all his rom-coms 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our girl Emma Stone stars in the Disney live action remake of Cruella.  Looks good.  Looks like she will kill it. Maybe a little dastardly for the kids though. 

• Love 1

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Our girl Emma Stone stars in the Disney live action remake of Cruella.  Looks good.  Looks like she will kill it. Maybe a little dastardly for the kids though. 

I was so excited when I saw that this was going to be a thing. I get to watch Emma Stone in a movie, and my kids will enjoy it??? Then I watched the trailer and, yeah, this looks more Batman Begins than 101 Dalmatians. Still... hi Emma Stone.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Tried watching Tenet today. I don’t understand the positive reviews. Tapped out after about an hour. Made zero sense. 

Currently watching this. Nice mystery/thriller. 

I started this one and wasn't feeling it. I need to give it another shot. 

"I care a lot" on Netflix.  I was hesitant, but really liked it.

Then again, I just binged Game of Thrones and a Lanister always pays their debts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Freak said:

"I care a lot" on Netflix.  I was hesitant, but really liked it.

Then again, I just binged Game of Thrones and a Lanister always pays their debts.

Watched the trailer for that the other night and it looks like one of the most interesting things to come along in quite some time. Rosamund Pike seems to be securing a spot as a convincing villainess.

Love the GoT reference. Dinklage is a beast.

• Like 1