Movies

AUBwins

The Dig was good. Excellent acting by Ralph Fiennes. 

Nomadland was decent. Kind of a documentary style movie. You can't go wrong with Frances McDormand. Bit of a downer, but interesting.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2021 at 10:10 AM, johnnyAU said:

The Dig was good. Excellent acting by Ralph Fiennes. 

Nomadland was decent. Kind of a documentary style movie. You can't go wrong with Frances McDormand. Bit of a downer, but interesting.

Frances McDormand is a fantastic actress. I love just about everything she’s been in. 

• Like 2

Watched There Will Be Blood today for the first time. I can definitely see why No Country For Old Men won best picture while Daniel Day Lewis won best actor. 

I can’t say I’ll want to watch it again anytime soon, unless I just want to see an awesome exhibition of acting. Paul Dano did a great job as well, but I’ve always liked him. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Frances McDormand is a fantastic actress. I love just about everything she’s been in. 

I'm also a big fan of David Strathairn

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Watched There Will Be Blood today for the first time. I can definitely see why No Country For Old Men won best picture while Daniel Day Lewis won best actor. 

I can’t say I’ll want to watch it again anytime soon, unless I just want to see an awesome exhibition of acting. Paul Dano did a great job as well, but I’ve always liked him. 

Totally agreed about TWBB. I thought it was a phenomenal film, but that was a loaded category that year. But it was phenomenal primarily because of the acting and cinematography. And I've tried a couple times to rewatch it but it is grim and a bit of a slog. 

As for NCFOM, it was indeed a better movie. And tying the Coen Bros back to Fran McDormand, I finally saw Blood Simple recently and it is fantastic and she is fantastic in it. Highly, highly recommend if you haven't seen it.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Have you been watching The Expanse

Love The Expanse. Strathairn is awesome in that. Funny we saw an episode of that right after seeing him in A League of Their Own. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No guess I need to check it out

For a lot of reasons, yes. But David Straithairn is one such reason. It's on Amazon. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my partner are now watching the Snowpiercer. Jennifer Lynn Connelly's acting is phenomenal. I'm literally watching "Snowpiercer" just to see her. She's divine. In my opinion, the plot is just great. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 1:59 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

That was really impressive. 

Agreed.  That's a helluva drone operator. 

6 hours ago, DavidJo23 said:

Me and my partner are now watching the Snowpiercer. Jennifer Lynn Connelly's acting is phenomenal. I'm literally watching "Snowpiercer" just to see her. She's divine. In my opinion, the plot is just great. 

Agreed. I started watching because of her and my love for trains.  Lol

Some will not be interested in this movie due to the type of music but I highly recommend watching. It gives great behind the scenes of the 60's music. Its not very well known but if you have time go for it.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Appreciation post for Renee Russo in The Thomas Crown Affair. Holy smokes.

But really, just one of those movies that is perfect to stumble across on a lazy afternoon.

Is the original good?

On 8/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, McLoofus said:

Appreciation post for Renee Russo in The Thomas Crown Affair. Holy smokes.

But really, just one of those movies that is perfect to stumble across on a lazy afternoon.

Is the original good?

Yes the original is very good.   Any movie with Steve McQueen in it is good!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I cannot detect any lies in this post! 

Renee Russo was very hot in the 1999 version and Faye Dunnaway was smoking in the 1968 version.

• Love 1

Just now, Tigermike said:

Renee Russo was very hot in the 1999 version and Faye Dunnaway was smoking in the 1968 version.

So THAT's why she has that cameo in the remake. 

Definitely going to watch the original now when I get a chance.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:25 PM, augolf1716 said:

Agree you remember this one for TV

undefined

Most definitely!  In fact the series is on reruns on cable today.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I know I catch it every now and then

My Dad who is 95 keeps he TV on the Western Channel 20 - 22 hours per day.  I've watched several episodes when I' at Dad's house.

• Like 1