Movies

AUBwins

CODA (Children of Deaf Adults).  Gave it an A. 

The Protege. A-  

Stillwater   B- to C+  

The Suicide Squad  Not good  

Pig  B-  

Wrath of Man  C  

A Quiet Place 2  A  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It’s that time again, 31 days of October, 31 horror movies. Started off behind the 8 ball so far due to my work schedule. Anyway, here’s #1-4

QtMEl9s.jpg

Candyman 2021 was pretty good. A veritable sequel to the original, with call backs and references to the 90s film. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s that time again, 31 days of October, 31 horror movies. Started off behind the 8 ball so far due to my work schedule. Anyway, here’s #1-4

QtMEl9s.jpg

Candyman 2021 was pretty good. A veritable sequel to the original, with call backs and references to the 90s film. 

Man, I wish my wife enjoyed horror movies. 

• Sad 1

On 10/7/2021 at 9:54 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

QtMEl9s.jpg

If Candyman is anyting like 90's I will love it........Now Francis and fellow cadets from Marion err Marlon Academy singing Candyman is forever stuck in my head😂 Damn you Malcolm in the Middle🤣

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

If Candyman is anyting like 90's I will love it........Now Francis and fellow cadets from Marion err Marlon Academy singing Candyman is forever stuck in my head😂 Damn you Malcolm in the Middle🤣

It’s similar for sure. Definitely watch if you were a fan of the original. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of DC continually changing the actors every other year.  To me, the modern Batman is still Christian Bale.  That trilogy is still the best version of Batman.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Not a fan of DC continually changing the actors every other year.  To me, the modern Batman is still Christian Bale.  That trilogy is still the best version of Batman.

This guy is definitely not Batman material

@McLoofus I ... I am so freaking mesmerized by this.  Our girl,  oh my. Don't have a clue what is about but absolutely want to watch to find out.  Feel like one of those kids on Hocus Pocus where SJP Spells them with her song as they walk to their eventual doom.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

@McLoofus I ... I am so freaking mesmerized by this.  Our girl,  oh my. Don't have a clue what is about but absolutely want to watch to find out.  Feel like one of those kids on Hocus Pocus where SJP Spells them with her song as they walk to their eventual doom.

My God I am looking forward to this movie. And lol at the description of the song exactly. I've kinda gotten annoyed by the trend of slowing down songs to make them creepy for movies but shockingy I'm totally cool with this one...

Oh, and the wink at the end was straight murder. Call the police. That woman murdered me. I'm dead. 

• Love 1

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, and the wink at the end was straight murder. Call the police. That woman murdered me. I'm dead. 

Haha yep, killed us both. 

• Thanks 1

8. Beetlejuice 

9. Empty Man

10. Hell House LLC 

11. Hubie Halloween 

12. Don’t Breathe 2

13. Coraline 

14. Braindead/Dead Alive

15. Funny Games (US)

16. Dr. Sleep

17. Halloween Kills

18. The Lodge

19. House of the Devil

20. Halloween (78)

21. The Glass House

22. Event Horizon

23. As Above, So Below

24. It Follows

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

15. Funny Games (US)

16. Dr. Sleep

17. Halloween Kills

18. The Lodge

19. House of the Devil

20. Halloween (78)

21. The Glass House

22. Event Horizon

23. As Above, So Below

24. It Follows

15. Oof

16. Good movie, but man that one scene with the kid was unexpected and absolutely brutal. 

22. Amazing, amazing movie.

24. Oustanding

Will you do a top 5 for us at the end of the month? Always appreciate your horror recs.

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

15. Oof

16. Good movie, but man that one scene with the kid was unexpected and absolutely brutal. 

22. Amazing, amazing movie.

24. Oustanding

Will you do a top 5 for us at the end of the month? Always appreciate your horror recs.

I might watch the original Funny Games tonight, never seen it despite having seen the US version a ton of times. 

Agreed on the Dr. Sleep comment. That kid is a great little actor. He was also in Good Boys, which I think is an underrated comedy. 

• Like 1