2018 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

Im claiming an additional mancrush. Jeremy pruitt. So, just for clarity, i have jeremy pruitt AND seth williams which means i absolutely killed it this week

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever has Whitlow should be proud.

Dude sacrifices his shoulder diving for Stids' fumble and plays hard.

There's some great freshman on this team.  Maybe they all use the 4 game rule next year?

Stidham,  I am always rooting for you to be successful but you have not rewarded my faith in you this year. I think you are just pushing too hard.  I actually think you need a little time to coach up your teammates on the sideline, and see if you can find that mojo again. Sometimes it just takes a bit of a different perspective to start seeing the whole picture.  I still have faith in you to find your form. I hope you do, as I would love to see you regain your draft stock and playing on Sundays.  You still my man crush.  Make it happen bud! 

Auburn_Football_Preview-780x545.jpg

Well unfortunately my man, Dinson, was ejected and will miss the first half of the Ole Miss game.  Just use this as a learning experience and grow from it!  War Eagle!

Deshaun Davis remains one of the increasingly few bright spots on this team. It's getting harder to enjoy his performance because it is in such stark contrast to what so many other key guys who should be leaders and performers are doing. And I'm worried that he's going to get injured badly before the season is over. 

But hey, thanks for validating my choice, big guy. You will remain one of my favorite Auburn Tigers ever. 

My man Big Prince at least puts forth enough effort to chase the guy he failed to block.

The other O-Linemen just stare at each other or pretend to be looking for someone to block while they ole' the defender.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Deshaun Davis remains one of the increasingly few bright spots on this team. It's getting harder to enjoy his performance because it is in such stark contrast to what so many other key guys who should be leaders and performers are doing. And I'm worried that he's going to get injured badly before the season is over. 

But hey, thanks for validating my choice, big guy. You will remain one of my favorite Auburn Tigers ever. 

Deshaun Davis is like a coach on the field.  In the UT game we have a 3rd and 10, Davis made a strategic move to get called for an offsides knowing that with the way the D was playing Saturday, we had a much better chance of stopping UT on a 3rd and 5. We stuffed the play and set up a 4th down.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Deshaun Davis is like a coach on the field.  In the UT game we have a 3rd and 10, Davis made a strategic move to get called for an offsides knowing that with the way the D was playing Saturday, we had a much better chance of stopping UT on a 3rd and 5. We stuffed the play and set up a 4th down.

You're probably not kidding...

On 10/11/2018 at 11:40 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Honestly, I'm trying to decide whether or not to break up. I just don't feel like my man crush is putting much effort into our relationship. I'm loyal, but not if it is a one-sided relationship. I think I have to give him a little more time to prove himself and his love for me. I think I am deserving of a little more right now.

Who do you have again? 

My crush straight up left me so...

14 minutes ago, AidiAU said:
On 10/11/2018 at 11:40 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Honestly, I'm trying to decide whether or not to break up. I just don't feel like my man crush is putting much effort into our relationship. I'm loyal, but not if it is a one-sided relationship. I think I have to give him a little more time to prove himself and his love for me. I think I am deserving of a little more right now.

Who do you have again? 

My crush straight up left me so...

Poor thing.  Everybody is WISHING her crush would straight up leave now.  ....that was a hint 😉

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Poor thing.  Everybody is WISHING her crush would straight up leave now.  ....that was a hint 😉

Could he be classified as a sugar daddy? 

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Could he be classified as a sugar daddy? 

Oh my lawd, YES!  Richest man on the AU payroll for sure!! ....EVER!!

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Oh my lawd, YES!  Richest man on the AU payroll for sure!! ....EVER!!

Gosh, I never thought about that!!! I was just with him for his looks, 😂 but I may need to rethink the breaking up thing...

And BLAM that’s my man - https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-Marlon-Davidson-finds-his-niche-as-nations-leading-field-goal-blocker-123710929/

Marlon Davidson finds his 'niche' as nation's leading FG blocker

OXFORD, Mississippi — You can find Marlon Davidson at the top of the charts this week.

The Auburn defensive end is not only harassing quarterbacks this season, he's making life extremely difficult for opposing kickers.

The junior blocked a field goal for the third straight game in the Tigers' 31-16 victory Saturday at Ole Miss and today leads the nation in blocked kicks. He is the first Auburn player to record three blocked kicks in a season since Alton Moore did it in 2001.

What has led to Davidson's tear on special teams? He credits defensive line coach Rodney Garner.

"Just drive," Davidson said. "Coach G, man, he tells us to take points off the board. He teaches us technique every game, to take points off the board. We're doing it. I'm just going to keep going, keep going hard like I've always been doing."

Ole Miss was in position to grab an early 3-0 lead after driving to Auburn's 23-yard line to open the game, but Davidson's giant left hand reached high into the air and hit its apex just as Luke Logan's kick crossed the line of scrimmage.

He blocked a Tennessee field goal in a 30-24 loss with his entire right arm. Against Mississippi State he set up the Tigers for a last gasp on offense by clocking another field goal with his right hand.

Unlike the two previous blocks, this one proved fruitful on offense as the Tigers drove 77 yards on 11 plays to take a 7-0 lead with 8:36 remaining in the first quarter at Ole Miss.

"That's unbelievable," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. "Affecting the game, and playing well defensively, too. And he's a guy that wasn't 100 percent (healthy). You know, he's a guy that didn't practice a whole lot during the week, so I'm real proud of him."

Davidson wore a protective boot over his left foot to protect an ankle injury most of last week. He participated in some drills in practices but was not completely healthy and was a game-time decision in Oxford, Mississippi. "They put me in a good position to go out here and play, even though I'm still not 100 percent," Davidson said. "Just playing freely and just having fun."

Davidson also had three tackles, one sack and broke up a pass at defensive end against the Rebels. The pass breakup came on third-and-15, leading to a field goal attempt by the Rebels. Davidson didn't block that kick. He later sacked Jordan Ta'amu for a loss of nine yards on the Rebels' final drive to force a third-and-21.

The defensive end leads Auburn with seven quarterback hurries this season.

But it's the blocked field goals that are providing Davidson more notoriety at Auburn and nationally.

"That’s kind of Marlon’s niche now," Auburn linebacker Deshaun Davis said. "We line up, everybody looks at him, and be like, ‘go block it.’ The way we look at it, though, field goal blocking is not a down off. That’s a snap, it’s graded as a snap. … He takes pride in going to block field goals, he takes pride in being one of those guys that’s going to make game-changing plays for us. They get those three points, how the game went, it probably don’t go that way. … You never know what play can be a deciding factor in the game. That’s why I said we pride ourselves on field goal blocks also."

• 2 weeks later...

My man Stid showed up in the 4th quarter like Cam did against Philly this year, for his first 4th quarter comeback win.  His precision passing was put where only the receiver made the play.  His footwork was better those last 2 drives.  You could just see him getting in a rhythm.  Enjoy this win and use that to shred Georgia next week. 

On 10/23/2018 at 6:35 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

That's unbelievable," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. "Affecting the game, and playing well defensively, too. And he's a guy that wasn't 100 percent (healthy). You know, he's a guy that didn't practice a whole lot during the week, so I'm real proud of him."

Oh bother, Gus running another player into the ground. :no:

Need my man Dinson to bring that fire to the Georgia game to win it!  Let's get it done this week!  Stay locked in!

gettyimages-885048316-1024x1024.jpg

11 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Counting on the Ol' Ball and Chain ;) to come up with a good game plan for this game! I believe we can win if we execute well. 

You are a treasure and your posts in this thread are a ray of sunshine on this cloudy day of a season. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You are a treasure and your posts in this thread are a ray of sunshine on this cloudy day of a season. 

Thanks, @McLoofus! That's so sweet!. I've gained some perspective in my life, and while I love Auburn football with all my heart, I refuse to give up my joy over a game and some very unpredictable kids! We will come back better than ever, I know it!

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Thanks, @McLoofus! That's so sweet!. I've gained some perspective in my life, and while I love Auburn football with all my heart, I refuse to give up my joy over a game and some very unpredictable kids! We will come back better than ever, I know it!

Out of reactions but *hugs* 

Well, my man Shedrick "Shake and bake" Jackson caught his first pass of the season last night. You may have missed it. It was one of the few throw that wasn't a screen to Davis. 🙄

Archived