2018 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

I'll take on Smoke Monday.

Such a cool nickname and a phenomenal talent.

War Eagle

I really thought Sip would still be available but the AUssie punter is just too good to pass up I suppose

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Zeek said:

War Eagle

I really thought Sip would still be available but the AUssie punter is just too good to pass up I suppose

Be good to my step-crush

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

War Eagle

Me too, but man I got lucky with Stidham, the next Heisman winner at Auburn :)

I'll take Barrett, presuming he's still available.

My first post for my “Man “, Mathew Hill!

All of Auburn's freshmen receivers earned early praise during fall camp but Matthew Hill might have the fastest path to the field due to his position. Hill is at the H/slot/3 receiver role, where Will Hastings was so effective last season. With no proven players at that position, Hill may not need long to see significant action on offense and he's among the players working on both punt and kickoff return.

full article at :

https://www.al.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/08/dcd87ab4233630/5-auburn-players-who-gained-lo.html#incart_social_feature

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

My first post for my “Man “, Mathew Hill!

All of Auburn's freshmen receivers earned early praise during fall camp but Matthew Hill might have the fastest path to the field due to his position. Hill is at the H/slot/3 receiver role, where Will Hastings was so effective last season. With no proven players at that position, Hill may not need long to see significant action on offense and he's among the players working on both punt and kickoff return.

Gotta love it when your coach describes you simply as "a ball player, would excel at any position."

I call Shaun Shivers.

18 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I call Shaun Shivers.

Sorry Red, the ever popular Shivers was snatched up with the #2 overall pick.

May I interest you in another "model"?

1500266394590804138.gif

8 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Sorry Red, the ever popular Shivers was snatched up with the #2 overall pick.

May I interest you in another "model"?

1500266394590804138.gif

Lol, I didn't see his name on the list. Sorry about that. I'll just have to reevaluate and pick again. 

Lindsey on Boobie Whitlow: "He is a heavier back that can get downhill. He's got some versatility out of the backfield. He can pass protect. He's a complete back." Lindsey pointed out that inexperience is the only real issue at this point.

????   ?

(I know kickers can be dicey from time to time but with Anders this was almost too easy.) 

Anders Carlson gave Malzahn plenty of reason to feel good during Auburn's first two spring scrimmages. Last week, he was 3-for-3 on field goal attempts in the Tigers' 100-play scrimmage at Jordan-Hare Stadium, with a long of 52 yards.

Anders Carlson took it a step (or 10) further in the team's second scrimmage on Saturday, when he drilled a 62-yard field goal that Malzahn said "would've probably been good from 70" yards. The field goal wasn't "live" against a rush, but it was still impressive nonetheless. 

On 8/20/2018 at 8:33 PM, Rednilla said:

I call Shaun Shivers.

Lol c'mon man.. There's a whole thread about him and you thought he would still be on the board?

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Lol c'mon man.. There's a whole thread about him and you thought he would still be on the board?

He probably didn't knoW OR Maybe he just didn't check before posting. ?

23 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I scanned the first thread and didn't see his name. I'm sure I just skipped over it, but no worries.

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

@AUBwins look at your man getting that extra work in

That's what I am talking about! With all that has been said, we very well may see a special season with him this year. Where Jarrett goes, we go. Just going to enjoy watching him play this year. 

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:
On 8/23/2018 at 1:21 PM, WFE12 said:

I scanned the first thread and didn't see his name. I'm sure I just skipped over it, but no worries.

Truth be told, I think Shivers gets a special dispensation as his attitude and abilities are turning him into EVERYBODY'S AU Football Man-crush.

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Truth be told, I think Shivers gets a special dispensation as his attitude and abilities are turning him into EVERYBODY'S AU Football Man-crush.

Tell me about it. Now I know how early Nirvana fans felt when Nevermind came out.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Tell me about it. Now I know how early Nirvana fans felt when Nevermind came out.

HAHA, I know what you're saying.  

I must admit though....I'm one of the "after" Nevermind fans.  Although, I liked In Utero better.  "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle" is one of my favorite songs of all time!!

33 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

HAHA, I know what you're saying.  

I must admit though....I'm one of the "after" Nevermind fans.  Although, I liked In Utero better.  "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle" is one of my favorite songs of all time!!

"Bleach was, like, their best album, man."- People like me who never heard of Nirvana until the SLTS video dropped.

Anyway. Happy to see folks jumping on the WormWagon. It's gonna need 3rd row seating soon. 

Just want to congratulate my man Bill the Butcher Taylor on solidifying himself as the starting long-snapper and face of our special teams unit. Don't be misled by his genteel nature and good looks. My man is a killer. 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just want to congratulate my man Bill the Butcher Taylor on solidifying himself as the starting long-snapper and face of our special teams unit. Don't be misled by his genteel nature and good looks. My man is a killer. 

Bill Taylor is the Bill Brasky of Bill the Butchers.

To Bill Taylor!!

Image result for bill brasky gif

Archived