2019 4* SF Allen Flanigan Commits to AU!!!

LKEEL75

Another basketball-playing Flanigan is bound for Auburn. Allen Flanigan, son of Wes Flanigan, an Auburn assistant coach and former All-SEC Auburn point guard, said Monday he plans to sign with the Tigers and head coach Bruce Pearl.

“My family is down there, my mom,” Allen said. “Auburn is a great place to play. Coach Pearl lets his guys get after it and play ball. He plays the best five.”

Allen, 6-foot-5 and 200 pounds, earned an offer from Auburn after standing out at the Fab 48 AAU event in Las Vegas. Other programs from across the country expressed interest. At Parkview last season, he averaged 13 points and 6.5 rebounds, but Alfred Flanigan says those numbers will grow considerably in the season to come.

“We had three or four guys that were good,” Alfred Flanigan said. “He played his role. He averaged 13.6 and six. This year I’m counting him getting about 21 a game.”

link

Dj7ecmtXoAIYhnh.jpg

link

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Didn't see a thread on him, but we just picked up his commitment! #1 player in Arkansas and son of assistant coach Wes Flanigan.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Allen-Flanigan-son-of-Wes-to-play-basketball-for-Auburn-Tigers-120427942/

edit: had to post link

Edited by tigerbrotha12
  • Like 2

War eagle and welcome aboard. 2 Small Forwards in this class so far a good beginning.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

WHOA grew 7 or 8 inches between freshman and junior year??? Battled osteochondritis dissecans? What a story. 

I haven't seen any clips of him yet but he's a 4* and and a 6'5 wing. Are we thinking him at the 3 and Okoro at the 4 for some small ball savagery or is Al Flan more of a 2? 

I cannot express in words how excited I am about where Bruce is taking us. We just keep adding highly rated players. UNREAL!!! 

Edited by Tiger

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* SF Allen Flanigan Commits to AU!!!
  • ellitor featured and pinned this topic
7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Wat eagle and welcome aboard. 2 Small Forwards in this class so far a good beginning.

I think AF will end up at SG FWIW. That's the style of game he has.

54 minutes ago, Tiger said:

haven't seen any clips of him yet but he's a 4* and and a 6'5 wing. Are we thinking him at the 3 and Okoro at the 4 for some small ball savagery or is Al Flan more of a 2? 

AF likely a 2 in college

• Thanks 1

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 11 months later...

I just had a nice surprise. My granddaughter brought her boyfriend down to meet us(you know what that means) and he is a high school basketball coach in oklahoma. He also played college basketball(D-2 utcc) and was a  grad assistant at UALR while Wea was there. He loves Wes and had a lot of good things to say about him, and one was that Wes was going to be our ace recruiter due to his ability to bond with people. I asked him about his son and he told me that he saw him play a few times but that he was just "okay", not bad-not great. I said "role player" and he said that he would be a good fit for that. He said that he had the physical tools to be good but would probably take a couple of years. He loves BP and my granddaughter and him attended the AU/UNC game this year, compliments of his connection to Wes. I hope she marries this guy. We talked basketball the whole time he was here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Make him sign a pre-nup so you can continue to get the tickets if something goes array. 

better safe than sorry

Hope he’s wrong about AF! Everything coming out of practice seems to point towards Flanagan being a year or two ahead of a lot of freshmen....

Edited by tigerbrotha12
  • Thanks 1

hey, he didn't say that he sucked, he was just saying that he thought he was signed to play a certain role in BP's system, and every team needs players like Flannagan. ....from a strictly personal standpoint, he was very fond of them

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

hey, he didn't say that he sucked, he was just saying that he thought he was signed to play a certain role in BP's system, and every team needs players like Flannagan. ....from a strictly personal standpoint, he was very fond of them

Oh yeah he sounded very fond of them! I’m just hoping Flanagan is a STAR like I hope all of our recruits are!