All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

11 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

I saw practice Saturday before fan day and I was very impressed with the team as a whole. Its way different than what I say in the Spring! 

.... do tell!

Hope to see Shaun opening weekend against UW. Don’t think they’d know what hit them. 

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

@Momma Worm

I don't know how much I'm going to be able to post this season as I have my own battle commencing (I've been diagnosed with 2 cancers) but I want to say it's been a pleasure reading your posts and your attitude whether responding to positive or negative posters.

I've seen video of your son and, unrelated to football, his personality is the bomb!  I can tell from reading your thoughts and words where he gets it from. Y'all are good people!!

You should be very proud of your young man and also I'm a fan of you too.

I'll be watching and reading, posting when I'm able, and please know I'm a big fan of y'all.

War Eagle.

God bless you and your family!!!

My prayers are with you and your family. I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and I am praying for you. I will checking in on you periodically to see how you are doing. Don't you give up, you keep fighting. I think everything is a test of faith. 

Thank you so much for your support. I am very proud of him & we are blessed to have people like you supporting us. 

God Bless you, much love #WarEagle

5 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

My prayers are with you and your family. I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and I am praying for you. I will checking in on you periodically to see how you are doing. Don't you give up, you keep fighting. I think everything is a test of faith. 

Thank you so much for your support. I am very proud of him & we are blessed to have people like you supporting us. 

God Bless you, much love #WarEagle

Momma Worm, you may have already answered these questions in some fashion, but can you tell me about our coaches’ personalities on the recruiting trail and up to this point? Funny stories? Next, I’m especially curious what was their pitch to your son on why he should play RB for Auburn? Have you heard about the current Maryland scandal? Do you believe our coaches to be just as much legitimately concerned with the well-being of their student athletes as wins and losses and  other football related achievements? 

Lastly, how much input did you and your family have on Shivers’s decision? 

You don’t have to answer my questions, but I figured I’d give it a try. Thanks ?

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Momma Worm, you may have already answered these questions in some fashion, but can you tell me about our coaches’ personalities on the recruiting trail and up to this point? Funny stories? Next, I’m especially curious what was their pitch to your son on why he should play RB for Auburn? Have you heard about the current Maryland scandal? Do you believe our coaches to be just as much legitimately concerned with the well-being of their student athletes as wins and losses and  other football related achievements? 

Lastly, how much input did you and your family have on Shivers’s decision? 

You don’t have to answer my questions, but I figured I’d give it a try. Thanks ?

To be honest.... the coaches are the same all the time. All of the coaches are direct in the form of being truthful. It has been a family environment since day one. Its always a warm feeling when dealing with the coaches. 

Our funny story was my 1st time at Auburn. It was before the Clemson game. Coach G always greets his top recruits one by one. So they come tell us that Coach G wants to see Worm. We are standing waiting  &. I notice that the guys taking us to Coach G are talking to Worm but are looking at me weird. So when its our turn to go in, the guy says, Im sorry ma’am whats your affiliation to Shaun.... Im like his mother lol.... so then I find out that everyone thought I was his girlfriend instead of his mom because they said I looked really young lol. I guess because most of the other recruits brought their gf so they thought Worm did too lmao

I didnt have a pitch, I wasnt a fan of him playing running back at all. Until I realized he was extremely good at it. I like him on defense. He was always a hard hitter & his football IQ was through the roof. But I knew his size would hinder him at some point with some defense positions. 

I dont really know the specifics of the scandal. But I do know that our coaches develop a great relationship with the athletes & their families as far as I can see. If you dont make it at AU, it is clearly because you did not do your part.

So Worm’s dream was always to play for the team located in Tuscaloosa but Saban wouldnt extend the offer because Worm isnt the typical size for his RB’s or to play for UM, that also wouldnt extend the offer because of his height. Then Worm got the offer from AU. It was exciting because I am a Dillard High School Alumni. If you know about DHS relationship with AU then you know that at one time DHS had a pipeline with AU in regards to athletes. So AU was holding a camp & wanted Worm to come. But we had just come off a week long college tour so I couldn’t afford to hit the road again but I was able to afford to send Worm. At the time he didnt want to go. So I talked him into letting me send him for one day to the camp, he didnt have to participate in the camp but I wanted him to see the school. He agreed & I sent him & didnt hear from him all day until he arrived back at the airport that night. He got in the car & said Ma Dukes (thats what he calls me lol) Im committing there. I was like oh no hell your not. You havent fully seen anywhere else yet. He said, Coach Malzahn said this isnt a place for knuckle heads & Im no knuckle head. It felt like home & I love it there. & from that pointhe fell in love & never changed his mind about AU. Plus he spent alot of my money by making me bring him to games. So he was going to be stuck going there even if he changed his mind. Plus Im not  into committing & decommitting. I explained to him before he committed to AU. Dont committ unless you are sure because its not a good luck to keep changing your mind.

429E1B65-7760-49C9-BEAB-7F9E360A3836.jpeg

Our funny story was my 1st time at Auburn. It was before the Clemson game. Coach G always greets his top recruits one by one. So they come tell us that Coach G wants to see Worm. We are standing waiting  &. I notice that the guys taking us to Coach G are talking to Worm but are looking at me weird. So when its our turn to go in, the guy says, Im sorry ma’am whats your affiliation to Shaun.... Im like his mother lol.... so then I find out that everyone thought I was his girlfriend instead of his mom because they said I looked really young lol. I guess because most of the other recruits brought their gf so they thought Worm did too lmao

That’s hilarious. I love reading about the behind the scenes interactions/ relationships that happen through our football program. 

I wasnt a fan of him playing running back at all. Until I realized he was extremely good at it. I like him on defense. He was always a hard hitter & his football IQ was through the roof. But I knew his size would hinder him at some point with some defense positions. 

You seem very recruiting and football savvy. When I call my wife for score updates my wife is either already asleep or she gives updates similar to “ the other team just completed a pass and their guy ran for awhile  but was tackled near the painted lines but we are still up 7-14.” 

So Worm’s dream was always to play for the team located in Tuscaloosa but Saban wouldnt extend the offer because Worm isnt the typical size for his RB’s or to play for UM, that also wouldnt extend the offer because of his height.

We have had many players that didn’t get their preferred offer, but had legendary performances/ careers at Auburn. Chris Davis, Stidham, and Legatron are just a few examples. Height is overrated for RB’s but recruiting can be a subjective obsession leading coaches to recruit for their own preferences. We’ve done the same with Ameer Abdullah I believe.

6 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

He got in the car & said Ma Dukes (thats what he calls me lol) Im committing there. I was like oh no hell your not. You havent fully seen anywhere else yet. He said, Coach Malzahn said this isnt a place for knuckle heads & Im no knuckle head. It felt like home & I love it there. & from that pointhe fell in love & never changed his mind about AU. Plus he spent alot of my money by making me bring him to games. So he was going to be stuck going there even if he changed his mind. Plus Im not  into committing & decommitting. I explained to him before he committed to AU. Dont committ unless you are sure because its not a good luck to keep changing your mind.

I imagine the recruiting process can be very challenging. Good thing Shivers had such a great mom to help guide him through that process. ??

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Awesome questions, @aujeff11

Thanks as always for the candid responses, Momma. "Oh hell no your not" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I got a good chuckle too. Probably because I would’ve said the exact same thing. 

11 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

So Worm’s dream was always to play for the team located in Tuscaloosa but...

Around here we refer to them as UAT, and (please pardon my language)  the Turd's. As you know, you've just signed on to the world's biggest rivalry. Worm will get his chance to make them pay. Here's to hoping he makes them pay dearly! 

War Eagle, Ma Dukes.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Can I like Momma's last post more than once??? 

You have to be careful. She'll use up all your likes in a hurry. She's awesome. 

PS- You will be (even more, in my case) biased towards her kid. 

On 8/13/2018 at 10:21 PM, aujeff11 said:

I’m glad we cleared this up. Probably would’ve not know this. Most announcers too. 

Until they find out, who wants to bet they make a shivers me timbers joke?

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

I teared up off this article #ProudMomMoment

I thought about you and wondered at how amazing that must feel for a mom! I'm at my daughter's first ballet class and I'm probably gonna cry lol.

Congrats on the big td run in the scrimmage!

On 8/6/2018 at 5:16 AM, SIR ISAAC said:

Michael Dyer build. Different running style. Higher top end speed. 

I would doubt seriously that Dyer had a faster top end speed that Worm. 

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I would doubt seriously that Dyer had a faster top end speed that Worm. 

Dyer was slow compared to worm. Worm would smoke Dyer in a foot race . 

On 8/15/2018 at 11:25 AM, jAUSon said:

"Here's to hoping he makes them pay dearly and yearly!

War Eagle, Ma Dukes."

Had to add a lil' somethin'...

I would almost bet with limited time this year he still breaks 6 for TDS. Nobody will even see him till he breaks the line. By then he will be hitting high gear and no DB is going to catch him. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Shaun and Iggy our kick returners. Beyond excited about this. All the folks who didn't like KJ returning them, rejoice.

Guilty as charged! That’s what I’m talkin about

9 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Guilty as charged! That’s what I’m talkin about

I was totally ok with the security blanket but there's no arguing that this duo gives us significantly enhanced big play potential. Iggy already showed flashes and I can't remember a freshman earning praise like Shaun has... well, since KJ was a freshman.

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Shaun and Iggy our kick returners. Beyond excited about this. All the folks who didn't like KJ returning them, rejoice.

Now...If Tutt and Matt can keep building upon what they're doing we can take RD off punt return. 

Archived