All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

21 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

That one play Saturday showed me he may very well end up being the best back we have on the roster.  Quick moves, decisive cut, and made a man miss in the backfield when he had to.  I want more.

Amen. He may very well end up being our toughest runner too. 

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Great way of saying it.

I annoyed the hell out of my wife talking about him before, during, and after the game. "Yeah, I GET IT, it's pronounced SHY-vers. May I watch the game now?"

If I recall, the announcer got it right on the play, didn't he? I was impressed.

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Amen. He may very well end up being our toughest runner too. 

Hey, every back ran to or through contact:  Whitlow blew up the safety, Shivers actually nailed that LB (I thought it was a safety, but the primary hit he delivered was against a LB) and Kam Martin ran hard N-S when needed..

Very pleased.    

and I heard Harold Joiner was running to contact in fall camp.   Sounds like some new wrinkles in RB coaching philosophy.  

Just now, Beaker said:

Hey, every back ran to or through contact

I agree - I just think pound for pound, Shivers might be our toughest runner. No knock on Whitlow or Martin. Both ran tough on Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, looney said:

If I recall, the announcer got it right on the play, didn't he? I was impressed.

Yep!

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

Hey, every back ran to or through contact:  Whitlow blew up the safety, Shivers actually nailed that LB (I thought it was a safety, but the primary hit he delivered was against a LB) and Kam Martin ran hard N-S when needed..

Very pleased.    

and I heard Harold Joiner was running to contact in fall camp.   Sounds like some new wrinkles in RB coaching philosophy.  

Yep!

It was really exciting to see Whitlow on that play on the sideline where we literally saw the moment where he changed his mind from bouncing it laterally and going north instead. When I saw that, I became comfortable that he's going to be just fine.

#WAREAGLE! It's almost game day! I just want to thank everyone that believes & supports my son on the this forum. I was on Auburn Undercover & I saw some things people were saying about my son. Not only was it ignorant but it was HILARIOUS! I have never seen a person be so upset about someone elses opinion. If people have good things to say about Worm they kind of get ridiculed for it lmao.... they always try to leave him out of the mix as if he wont ever be a vital part of the team. I just laughed at the comments as I read them because we are from SOUTH FLORIDA baby and we don't scare easy.... actually if you live in my house, you are a part of #TeamNOFEAR! So with that being said, we aren't going anywhere!!!!! again I want to say, THANK You and your support is very much appreciated.  See you on the Plains

@Momma Worm take a look at the Devan Barrett thread real quick, I think it might make you smile. And don’t let others’ ignorance or pessimism affect you in any way; there’s a lot of it going ‘round and it seems to be catching. 

And let people laugh at people like me, yourself, @McLoofus, @Maverick.AU,  and so many others who see how special we know Worm can (and will) be, because we are fortunate enough to see it. We’ll have the last laugh.

War Damn Eagle!

23 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

#WAREAGLE! It's almost game day! I just want to thank everyone that believes & supports my son on the this forum. I was on Auburn Undercover & I saw some things people were saying about my son. Not only was it ignorant but it was HILARIOUS! I have never seen a person be so upset about someone elses opinion. If people have good things to say about Worm they kind of get ridiculed for it lmao.... they always try to leave him out of the mix as if he wont ever be a vital part of the team. I just laughed at the comments as I read them because we are from SOUTH FLORIDA baby and we don't scare easy.... actually if you live in my house, you are a part of #TeamNOFEAR! So with that being said, we aren't going anywhere!!!!! again I want to say, THANK You and your support is very much appreciated.  See you on the Plains

Loved seeing Shaun get his first carry last Saturday. Ran tough and fast. We are in for a treat with him (and you). Thanks for being part of AU family!

Momma Worm, so glad you're not letting the negative Nancys get to you (though I'm sure it can be tough when they're talking about your son). Several of my family members don't read a whole lot about the team, so I was pointing out freshmen to watch during pregame warm ups last Saturday at the stadium. I pointed out Worm, told them his nickname & how fast he is. When he made his 1st down run we were all so excited for him & also for what he brings to the team! What a great way to start your college career--big 1st down run against a top-10 opponent!! We're looking forward to watching him & pulling for him as he gets more opportunities to contribute. I'm guessing you'll be on the Plains tomorrow for the home opener. If so, I hope you & all your family members have a great day! There's no place like Auburn on a football Saturday!

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

I expect tomorrow to be a big day for Worm!!!  Looking forward to seeing him ball out in JHS!

9 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m in the worm train . Can’t wait to see him go off . It’s coming 

I think we’re calling it the “Worm Wagon”, and here’s your ticket.

It comes with a free drink coupon, so put your hands up and enjoy the ride! 

This started in another thread but obviously it belongs here ?

7 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Worm Wagon!  Git'on board!!

the-inchwork-model-73_1.jpg

Gotta love that boys toughness!

Archived