All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I am super excited about his potential. I think he’s the best back we have

From what I’ve seen, I think he and Boobee will get us the YAC. Worm’s vision, patience, explosion to/through the hole, and Boobee and Worm’s “pop”, lower body drive, and balance after contact stand out to me. Boobee has some funk in some of his runs, and I ain’t mad at him, because it’s not taunting, it’s disrupting their angle. 

Yep, right now, definitely Worm and Boobee 1a and 1b, respectively, imho. 

Right now, I am loving RB by committee.  They all have such different looks that it has to mess with defense. I say that we split carries 3 ways with Kam, Boobee and Shaun. And don't make the plays predictable for each back.  That's my professional football advice. ???

43 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Look at the patience on this run to let that last block develop before planting and hitting the hole.  That's why I love this kid.  There are juniors and seniors who haven't figured that out yet.

Clowns people with his quickness and feeds off of contact like a RB with 50 more pounds on him.

Worm is Super Special. So glad he he is an Auburn man! Great combo of speed and power with a low center of gravity. Love his attitude. He always looks like he is studying to learn and continue to improve.

I know it was just Al. St. but Shaun showed me something in that game. He looked like the real deal.

i thought it was mistake to sign this kid due to his size.......i still have doubts that he can be a feature back and carry the load, but there is zero doubt that he can play in the SEC.....if he was 5'11" 210 lbs, he would be the top back in the SEC.....ability-wise, he looks to be our best back and he damn sure is where ball security is concerned

5 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i thought it was mistake to sign this kid due to his size.......i still have doubts that he can be a feature back and carry the load, but there is zero doubt that he can play in the SEC.....if he was 5'11" 210 lbs, he would be the top back in the SEC.....ability-wise, he looks to be our best back and he damn sure is where ball security is concerned

I think he has time to bulk up but i like how he plays... attitude is hard to teach. 

8 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I think he has time to bulk up but i like how he plays... attitude is hard to teach. 

He doesn't need to bulk up.

54 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

I don’t think we need a feature back this season honestly. They all have different strengths that will be beneficial to us in different areas 

I absolutely love watching him run. Shifty enough to make someone miss but with the low center of gravity and strength to run someone over. I am really looking forward to see him play a larger role in the offense.

i am rarely wrong on predicting how RB's will do in college, with all things equal, like character,grades,assumed max effort,etc.....i was deadass wrong on this kid.....i do like big backs, those with footwork that resembles a "skater" but this kid plays big....staying healthy is my concern for him, but if malzahn puts the best players on the field, then this kid has to become a large part of the offense....another back that kinda' shocked me was joiner....kid has some really good footwork....asa disappointed me with the fumble.....this kid has big time potential, but fumbling  was his only weakness in high school.....he would put it on the ground every so often....malzahn don't play that stuff, and i don't fault him for that

Archived