All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Linayus said:

Any chance we can get him to fill in this role? :D

A&M's LB #33 doesn't get the credit he should for laying the block that sprung Davis on that play.

23 minutes ago, jared52 said:

@Momma Worm, as you wade through this board after a loss, I hope you’ll see this and know that Worm was excellent today. I’m so thrilled he’s at AU. 

What an amazing player. And as you will see @Momma Worm, true Auburn fans are loyal despite the losses. WDE, loved Worm’s fight today!

Typical meltdowns, armchair quarterbacks who have never played the game, folks that don't know the whole story, but sure enough have opinions. That's fandom in the SEC.  But know this, everyone of us would rather be an Auburn Tiger than anything else. We are PROUD of our players and all their efforts!!! And after a couple of days, after a loss, people get their senses back.? Shaun did great tonight.  So happy to be able to see that boy run!

@Momma Worm I flipped out during his runs and TD! Proud of that boy for sure! 

I enjoyed watching him and Whitlow today - def a highlight during that game. Those two will be so fun to watch these next few games/years! 

On 9/15/2018 at 8:49 PM, jared52 said:

@Momma Worm, as you wade through this board after a loss, I hope you’ll see this and know that Worm was excellent today. I’m so thrilled he’s at AU. 

Its at some point during his little league years that Ive learned people's opinions mean nothing at all. Worm possesses everything in a great RB except height & proves every week that it doesn’t matter. He is darn if he didn’t, darn if he does. People like who they like. But I know that being big means nothing if you have no vision & cant see open holes that are open before your eyes. He is unselfish & patient waiting his turn. People said he wouldnt play at all this year & it has been proven, thats a lie.... the more they bash him, the GREATER HE WILL BE! He doesnt read blogs about himself anyway lol. His personality, hardwork, drive & determination is what wins people over every time. He doesn’t have to be play like he is something he isnt & showboat. His talent will speak for its self. His touches are positive & he earns his td’s by driving the ball down the field. We are blessed #WarEagle?

1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

Its at some point during his little league years that Ive learned people's opinions mean nothing at all. Worm possesses everything in a great RB except height & proves every week that it doesn’t matter. He is darn if he didn’t, darn if he does. People like who they like. But I know that being big means nothing if you have no vision & cant see open holes that are open before your eyes. He is unselfish & patient waiting his turn. People said he wouldnt play at all this year & it has been proven, thats a lie.... the more they bash him, the GREATER HE WILL BE! He doesnt read blogs about himself anyway lol. His personality, hardwork, drive & determination is what wins people over every time. He doesn’t have to be play like he is something he isnt & showboat. His talent will speak for its self. His touches are positive & he earns his td’s by driving the ball down the field. We are blessed #WarEagle?

So, I couldn't go to the game on Saturday, but saw the video of him running or jumping really (lol) back to the sidelines after his TD - he was so jacked up! I LOVED it!!!!

6 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Ran out of "likes" already today, but yes, he has that winning attitude Gus likes to talk about. If we patch up that o-line and give him a little room he's going to be a huge weapon for us!

29 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Awesome. I don't think ANY AU fan can have a negative thing to say about Worm at this point. Frankly, he was a great counter to Whitlow Saturday and I thought of you the second I saw the left side open up and what it might feel like to watch my own son make his first SEC touchdown. The AU family is in love with Worm and the rest of the world can go... well.

Would love to hear how he's feeling about Saturday and what the mood is in the locker room, as well as in the RB group.

I always believed he would be an impact player.   I did not believe he would be so impactful, so early!    If we can just not turn that ball over so much, we will be fine.

War Damn Eagle!   

25 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Awesome. I don't think ANY AU fan can have a negative thing to say about Worm at this point. Frankly, he was a great counter to Whitlow Saturday and I thought of you the second I saw the left side open up and what it might feel like to watch my own son make his first SEC touchdown. The AU family is in love with Worm and the rest of the world can go... well.

Would love to hear how he's feeling about Saturday and what the mood is in the locker room, as well as in the RB group.

She won't be sharing anything negative from Saturday regarding mood and all (I mean I would be shocked if she did). I'd love to know as well, but she does that on a public forum it would probably cause problems for him. 

Looks like the coaches are understanding how to use Worm better each week. I like his downhill style and he keeps being one step away from a massive TD run. There was one play this week where he was barely tripped and if he had regained balance just a little bit more, then he was about to be g-o-n-e.

15 hours ago, jared52 said:

Thank you so much. It waas actually his 2nd TD but I guess his 1st against a powerhouse SEC team. Shaun is very reserved. He doesnt bash teammates or coaches in public or private. He never discusses the game period. He  just prepares for the next. He has been that way since a kid. He is always counted out so everything he does is business & personal. He is just the same kid he has always been. When he scores, he wont jump in the crowd or showboat. He is giving the ref the ball & running to the sideline. Saturday td was very personal! He looks up in stands  for me & on to the next play. Very humble guy, has always been that way. He never talks about what he did or has done. He just loves the game of football. As me, Im a groupie lol.... amazed at what is taking place before me. I grateful & humbled for this experience.  

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Thank you so much. It waas actually his 2nd TD but I guess his 1st against a powerhouse SEC team. Shaun is very reserved. He doesnt bash teammates or coaches in public or private. He never discusses the game period. He  just prepares for the next. He has been that way since a kid. He is always counted out so everything he does is business & personal. He is just the same kid he has always been. When he scores, he wont jump in the crowd or showboat. He is giving the ref the ball & running to the sideline. Saturday td was very personal! He looks up in stands  for me & on to the next play. Very humble guy, has always been that way. He never talks about what he did or has done. He just loves the game of football. As me, Im a groupie lol.... amazed at what is taking place before me. I grateful & humbled for this experience.   

Yep, I was there for his first, but this was an SEC game as you indicated. They are both very special for sure.

I love the approach Shaun has and you as well. There will be many more moments to celebrate at AU, I'm sure.

This guy is all he was advertised to be. If only the blocking could give him some space to really show what he can do.

Looked like we wanted to protect the V8 for the bigger games this season.   Glad we did.   He will be fresh when needed.   Nice change.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

War Eagle.... I miss you guys

Miss you too Momma. Hope Shaun's spirits are still high. No matter what's happening with this team, his future is BRIGHT. 

Archived