All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

32 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

They are very nice.... they look like apartments. There are 2 players to a room. Each player has their own rooms & bathrooms. They share the kitchen, washer & dryer (which is located in each room) 

Freshman LB Mike Harris is his roommate 

04A9C413-06DF-4EDE-A961-0E7793AC295D.jpeg

One thing I love about this picture is it shows what Shaun looks like next to the kind of guy who will be trying to tackle him. At some point, #8 is going to tattoo #30's ribs and #30 will likely remember it for the rest of the game. Shaun is very well constructed for this conference.

By the time he leaves here, he'll physically resemble Barry Sanders. (No, I'm not putting anything on him. Heavy emphasis on the word "physically". For now. ;) )

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I wonder how many carries he dreams of having a game....  No I am not opening a new can,.  Just curious.   Great build.  

He'd probably want, say, 285 or more a year. Just to keep in shape, ya' know....

8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I wonder how many carries he dreams of having a game....  No I am not opening a new can,.  Just curious.   Great build.  

He and a lot of guys probably dream of carrying the ball a lot. And he's probably a guy who gets stronger as the game goes on.

And a lot of other guys feel and react differently. 

For those who don't dabble in the Recruiting forum, Shaun's lovely mom, @Momma Worm, has been hanging out with us almost ever since he committed to Auburn. Please give her a warm welcome. She has answered a lot of questions and otherwise responded to a lot of posts over the months with nothing but grace and elegance. Let's see that we extend her that same courtesy out here in the main zoo. I trust Shaun is going to make that very easy for all of us with the way he represents Auburn on and *off the field. 

*Exhibit A

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

He and a lot of guys probably dream of carrying the ball a lot. And he's probably a guy who gets stronger as the game goes on.

And a lot of other guys feel and react differently. 

I remember kenny irons would get stronger as the game went on. 

Also a big welcome to @Momma Worm

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

He'd probably want, say, 285 or more a year. Just to keep in shape, ya' know....

Now THAT was funny!!!

5 minutes ago, Kaoz said:

Shaun Shivers = Warrick Dunn

Dunn did so much for others. He would be a great person for "Worm" to emulate.

Like the comparison.  Saw a fair amount of Dunn when he was in Atlanta.  Stand-up guy and great RB.

+ Worm's even faster!! ?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Worm says playing with his carries is like playing with his emotions.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Think someone needs to come up with a dance move called the shiver for when worm scores. 

Demonstration videos would be appreciated, thank you.

1364493528_guy_does_the_worm_dance_in_th_emud.gif

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

For those who don't dabble in the Recruiting forum, Shaun's lovely mom, @Momma Worm, has been hanging out with us almost ever since he committed to Auburn. Please give her a warm welcome. She has answered a lot of questions and otherwise responded to a lot of posts over the months with nothing but grace and elegance. Let's see that we extend her that same courtesy out here in the main zoo. I trust Shaun is going to make that very easy for all of us with the way he represents Auburn on and *off the field. 

*Exhibit A

WILLCO Mr. Loofus, and

Welcome Ms. Worm - A pleasure to meet you.

Hi Guys! Thank you... I was looking like where am I ??. Say what you feel. Please don't let me make you feel uncomfortable about you want to say. I love my son through eternity but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Ive learned to read and not comment on a lot of things. So constructive, respectful criticism, is fine. WAR EAGLE!

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Think someone needs to come up with a dance move called the shiver for when worm scores. 

Demonstration videos would be appreciated, thank you.

Image result for fortnite reanimated gif

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Hi Guys! Thank you... I was looking like where am I ??. Say what you feel. Please don't let me make you feel uncomfortable about you want to say. I love my son through eternity but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Ive learned to read and not comment on a lot of things. So constructive, respectful criticism, is fine. WAR EAGLE!

Key word , respectful. Stronger than me. I don’t know if I could handle some of the stuff spewed about athletes on a daily basis if they were one of my loved one.

I'd respectfully like to ask that Shaun make defenders look like fools for the next four years, so that I can have an excuse to use this gif as much as humanly possible.

giphy (11).gif

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Key word , respectful. Stronger than me. I don’t know if I could handle some of the stuff spewed about athletes on a daily basis if they were one of my loved one.

lol.... I agree that's why the word RESPECTFUL was emphasized because he is still my son but I have to had learn not to respond to all the negative things. I can be a firecracker about my babies but this is a new adventure so I have to handle things differently. I am very straight & to the point. So I am training myself by watching these things. Trust me, I see a lot. all the negative stuff, all doubt but it only fuels the hunger to be great. Worm on the other hand does not look at any of these things, because he doesn't worry about what people say or what they think about him, which I love so much. 

What does Worm think about blocking some of these big, nasty defensive linemen?  Are they teaching him special techniques to block them without getting crushed?  Please let us know if he gets to run with the 1s in practice.  I am expecting BIG things from him during his Auburn career. 

Archived