All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

mama worm i love your son! he has huge things ahead of him..........heck maybe we need to suit you up ya know? i bet you got some moved. do you have any eligibility  left? i am betting you would make the team better..........lol

???? absolutely No eligibility ????

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

#WAR #DAMN #EAGLE?

ADFEF71B-DBC4-4258-A047-E51104EF36EA.jpeg

HOLLYWOOD!

Just now, Momma Worm said:

#WAR #DAMN #EAGLE?

ADFEF71B-DBC4-4258-A047-E51104EF36EA.jpeg

Hope you enjoyed your first of many game day experiences! Love watching your son run the ball like he just don’t care!

@Momma Worm - Been following your boy on Instagram. He certainly loves the game and loves Auburn. Being 5'7 myself, I am a huuuuge fan of him. Kudos to you on raising a great young man!

On 9/9/2018 at 7:23 PM, Potatooooooes!! said:

We have a very different Gus this year. He has a very aggressive mindset and isn’t afraid to tell you about it. He’s finally really mixing it up on play calling too. All that is in addition to your point. He even sounds like a really smart coach this year vs some of the brain fart coach speak we have gotten in the past (nobody take that the wrong way). I love this year’s Gus and hope he has the old Gus tied to a water heater in his basement, never to emerge..........

Lol Walter White style

On 9/8/2018 at 10:29 PM, Grumps said:

Congrats Worm and MommaWorm! I sure would like to start calling Shaun "Little Train"!

I still want to call him and Schwartz "Flash 1" and "Flash 2" (in whatever order) after the DC Comics superhero. Considering their track speed, I don't think it's a stretch, but I suppose since Shaun already has a nickname, maybe we can just call Schwartz "Flash".

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I still want to call him and Schwartz "Flash 1" and "Flash 2" (in whatever order) after the DC Comics superhero. Considering their track speed, I don't think it's a stretch, but I suppose since Shaun already has a nickname, maybe we can just call Schwartz "Flash".

I don't know how well this will be received, but he's like the offensive version of Auburn's "little ball of hate" (T. Blackmon LB). He's fired out of a cannon, and the only way to tackle him is to get his ankles. Everything else is like watching a powerful opening break in a game of eight ball.

On 9/9/2018 at 12:35 PM, Cardin Drake said:

Man, this guy is fun to watch.  A faster version of Joe Morris.  I don't want to get too far out over my skis, but the combination of power, quickness, and speed brings to mind Barry Sanders.  He may flat out be our best back.  Starting to get the feeling that he is going to be something special....

I've made that comparison several times because of size and quickness, but I don't see Worm's style as being particularly similar to Sanders'. Growing up, Barry was always my favorite running back not only because he was so danged good but because he was always modest on the gridiron (not so much on the basketball court, I've heard), but he would stop and start a lot to leave pants around players' ankles. Shaun strikes me, thus far at least, as more of a one cut, hit the hole as it opens, and then run til they catch him type of back. I like the comparison to Sproles, though.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

I've made that comparison several times because of size and quickness, but I don't see Worm's style as being particularly similar to Sanders'. Growing up, Barry was always my favorite running back not only because he was so danged good but because he was always modest on the gridiron (not so much on the basketball court, I've heard), but he would stop and start a lot to leave pants around players' ankles. Shaun strikes me, thus far at least, as more of a one cut, hit the hole as it opens, and then run til they catch him type of back. I like the comparison to Sproles, though.

Concur. 

33 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I believe Anthony is called Flash already.... its his twitter name lol

Just now, Momma Worm said:

I believe Anthony is called Flash already.... its his twitter name lol

Certainly fits!

Watching him run brings a smile to my face. I can feel the amount of pride he has every time he touches the football. So glad he is an Auburn man and so happy to have you on this forum, it makes all of us feel just a little closer to our “heroes” that we watch every Saturday. Please keep posting. War Damn Eagle.

25 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I have been thinking the same thing!

Worm and Flash have impressed very early in their AU careers!  I am looking forward to the next 4 years with those 2 scoring TDs!

I hope its more than 2! ?

TBH, Worm's (I still like Buzzsaw) running style actually reminds me of a smaller Brent Fullwood.  When you watched BF run the legs were perpetually spinning (like a Looney Tunes character)...even when hit, the legs keep spinning as he's bouncing off a tackle.

Archived