All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

11 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

War Eagle.... I miss you guys

:wavey:

As you can imagine, lots of frustration as the season's turning out a bit rough, but your young man is representing well (as we knew he would).

War Eagle Momma Worm & God bless!!

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Barnacle said:

Miss you too Momma. Hope Sean's spirits are still high. No matter what's happening with this team, his future is BRIGHT. 

He is GREAT to be honest... That's just his personality and that's what makes him a good football player. Thank you so much for your support. 

Just now, Momma Worm said:

He is GREAT to be honest... That's just his personality and that's what makes him a good football player. Thank you so much for your support. 

Good to hear! The players tend to be more resilient than we fussy fans! Tell him to keep playing hard and having fun!

I have been quiet but I have been watching... You guys have truly been my mouth piece... you say, what I cant say and you take up for my guy when they bash him for no reason at all. I know he wont be everyone's favorite but sometimes I just want give them a piece of my mind lol. Again I thank you for always supporting Worm. 

3 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Good to hear! The players tend to be more resilient than we fussy fans! Tell him to keep playing hard and having fun!

absolutely! 

1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

I have been quiet but I have been watching... You guys have truly been my mouth piece... you say, what I cant say and you take up for my guy when they bash him for no reason at all. I know he wont be everyone's favorite but sometimes I just want give them a piece of my mind lol. Again I thank you for always supporting Worm. 

Always got your back momma!

@Momma Worm you may have heard my side before, so I apologize if it is repeated information.

I was a huge fan of Shaun before he even stepped on campus at AU, the way he conducted himself off the field really drew me to him. He was humble, carried himself about as good as anyone could ask for, and you could tell he really loved auburn from the day he committed, which in today’s day and age is kinda hard to find. Shaun always seemed like the type that if he was going to do something he was going to give it everything he had.

On the field, he carries himself the same way, humble, determined, and just my personal opinion, has the heart of a lion. He reminds me a lot of LB Deshaun Davis, who was a 3 star recruit, that became an anchor (in his actions) for the recruiting class when Chizik was fired. I see a lot of similarities between them, and think Shaun will become that type of team leader.

On his physical traits, people always want to sell him short because of his height, “He’s not a 3 down back” “He’s not a between the tackles back”. I could really care less how tall he is for a few simple reasons. He’s built different, Shaun has a lot of power in his lower body, and has a thick overall build, I think his frame can withstand the pounding needed to be on the field more often than not. He also runs with some violence to his game, he’s not scared of contact and rarely does he ever go down when the first man hits him. Not to mention the world class speed that he possesses.

Just remember Momma, most of us, not only support your son, but think that he will achieve greatness!

War Eagle Momma!

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

@Momma Worm you may have heard my side before, so I apologize if it is repeated information.

I was a huge fan of Shaun before he even stepped on campus at AU, the way he conducted himself off the field really drew me to him. He was humble, carried himself about as good as anyone could ask for, and you could tell he really loved auburn from the day he committed, which in today’s day and age is kinda hard to find. Shaun always seemed like the type that if he was going to do something he was going to give it everything he had.

On the field, he carries himself the same way, humble, determined, and just my personal opinion, has the heart of a lion. He reminds me a lot of LB Deshaun Davis, who was a 3 star recruit, that became an anchor (in his actions) for the recruiting class when Chizik was fired. I see a lot of similarities between them, and think Shaun will become that type of team leader.

On his physical traits, people always want to sell him short because of his height, “He’s not a 3 down back” “He’s not a between the tackles back”. I could really care less how tall he is for a few simple reasons. He’s built different, Shaun has a lot of power in his lower body, and has a thick overall build, I think his frame can withstand the pounding needed to be on the field more often than not. He also runs with some violence to his game, he’s not scared of contact and rarely does he ever go down when the first man hits him. Not to mention the world class speed that he possesses.

Just remember Momma, most of us, not only support your son, but think that he will achieve greatness!

War Eagle Momma!

The one thing I will  ALWAYS say about you is that if nobody else is a fan of Shaun you are. I always see you stand firm on what you say and your words today touched me. I am the kind of mother that wants to win.... whether my son is the person that contributes to the win or not. I will never be that mother to say play my son knowing he isn't doing well. It would damage my integrity as a human being. I think we are just different from others. Again I really appreciate your kind words and I pray that Worm exceeds the expectations when his number is called! #War Eagle

• 2 weeks later...

@Momma Worm, just wanted to pop in and say I clicked your profile and noticed we have the same birthday. After meeting you at fan day, I knew we had a special connection! 

Thank you be for being here and thank you for how you raised your son. I hope you both weather this storm and come out on top. I know that AU fans all over love Worm and I hope we see him more and more. 

Thanks for being part of this forum as well. I’m sure to a player’s parent, this amount of disgust is hard to read. I’m not sure I’d be able to stomach it. 

I just wanted to say I love this kid.  Love his attitude and his toughness.  He seems to run with that awesome mixture of reckless abandon and patience.

We need to get worm in the game far more than we do. We need to get him and Schwartz in the backfield at the same time and let their speed and determination put some big points on the board. They are both super special players and fine young men.

12 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Would like to see him run the wheel route.  He is pretty fast and it would be a great play especially if he is open.

Really hoping we can get more creative with using RBs in the passing game in general. So many weapons.

12 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Would like to see him run the wheel route.  He is pretty fast and it would be a great play especially if he is open.

If he is open and Stidham can get it to him. 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:29 AM, AUsince72 said:

:wavey:

As you can imagine, lots of frustration as the season's turning out a bit rough, but your young man is representing well (as we knew he would).

War Eagle Momma Worm & God bless!!

Agreed. I love pulling for him. It’s been a joy to read about him and to see how he carries himself. His future is bright no matter what career he takes. 

Same for Schwartz. I swear Shivers and Schwartz has a race to make a good play and hand tbe ball to the refs the quickest. 

On 10/8/2018 at 1:49 PM, Momma Worm said:

The one thing I will  ALWAYS say about you is that if nobody else is a fan of Shaun you are. I always see you stand firm on what you say and your words today touched me. I am the kind of mother that wants to win.... whether my son is the person that contributes to the win or not. I will never be that mother to say play my son knowing he isn't doing well. It would damage my integrity as a human being. I think we are just different from others. Again I really appreciate your kind words and I pray that Worm exceeds the expectations when his number is called! #War Eagle

He is a valuable contributing member as a FRESHMAN at RBU. I think his number has already been called and he has answered it. You raised a man. War Eagle Momma Worm.

What I find absolutely astounding about Shaun is how fast he is given his size/proportions. Most of these speedy guys in track have longer legs and cover ground with larger strides which means Shaun is pumping his legs at least twice as fast (or he's getting way more out of each lunge than they are). It's crazy!

He's got an amazing attitude. Always smiling. He's humble too, despite saying he's faster than both Schwartz and Hill, he's admitted Schwartz is faster. That doesn't mean he won't show up for real and try his best to beat them both!! :D

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

This is my FAVORITE Picture to date! War Damn Eagle! 

FAV- AU.jpg

Was a great run by Worm.  Slithered his way carving up the defense and exploded into the endzone.  

@Momma Worm  Momma, got a weird question for you.  What does Worm think about the UA cleats for the football team?  I'm a huge fan of UA attire but never been a fan of the cleats or basketball shoes.  I know the basketball shoe contract was a recruiting tool against AU for a while but that seemed to have passed.  Just wondering that the football players especially the speed guys thought of the game cleats.   

We had Under Armour cleats last year in baseball... they provided the best deal for the players at my school but the soles started to come loose or even falling off before the end of the season.  Most switched to NB on their own.  This year UA says they have based their style and technology on New Balance but I will get samples of Nike, UA, and NB and let the players decide which they want to go with.  I'll wear my mizuno turf shoes.  

Archived