All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

@Momma Worm  Momma, got a weird question for you.  What does Worm think about the UA cleats for the football team?  I'm a huge fan of UA attire but never been a fan of the cleats or basketball shoes.  I know the basketball shoe contract was a recruiting tool against AU for a while but that seemed to have passed.  Just wondering that the football players especially the speed guys thought of the game cleats.   

We had Under Armour cleats last year in baseball... they provided the best deal for the players at my school but the soles started to come loose or even falling off before the end of the season.  Most switched to NB on their own.  This year UA says they have based their style and technology on New Balance but I will get samples of Nike, UA, and NB and let the players decide which they want to go with.  I'll wear my mizuno turf shoes.  

I will ask him because he has never said anything about it. I'll let you know @corchjay

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does Worm think about the UA cleats for the football team?  I'm a huge fan of UA attire but never been a fan of the cleats 

I have seen our team struggle with the cleat issue seemingly for years now, especially after that debacle in the bowl game last season

He needs to be RB1 next season IMO. Too much of a big play threat and is a effing tough runner. To be wasting away on the sideline for just a few touches per game is yet another failure of our staff

5 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

if given the touches. 

Here's the obvious problem. An offense in desperate need of a spark keeps this guy buried on the bench.

2 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

ThIs kid has the heart of a Lion. Love his heart and passion.  Before his time is done on the Plains I think he will leave a big impact if given the touches. 

It's a shame he doesn't get more carries when it matters.  Thanks Gus. 

Thank you guys for your support guys..... some fans on this blog need to fans of the opposing teams. Ridiculous how fake some of these fans are & the way they carry on. There needs to be a lot of changes & we all know that. Sometimes you have to look at things in a positive manor. Im proud of how far my son has come this year no matter what anybody else thinks . I have faith that things will get better. For those of you that show genuine support #WarEagle the others need a reality check to see if you are really true Auburn fans! 

25 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Thank you guys for your support guys..... some fans on this blog need to fans of the opposing teams. Ridiculous how fake some of these fans are & the way they carry on. There needs to be a lot of changes & we all know that. Sometimes you have to look at things in a positive manor. Im proud of how far my son has come this year no matter what anybody else thinks . I have faith that things will get better. For those of you that show genuine support #WarEagle the others need a reality check to see if you are really true Auburn fans! 

Out reactions momma. Super proud of Shaun this season, he has the it factor and I’m ready to see ALOT more of him next season. Takes a lot of speed to outrun an entire Alabama D full of 5 star athletes. War Eagle!

@Momma Worm, I agree with you on the level of support some “fans” are showing right now.  Keep in mind that there may be a few of them that have imbibed a little too much. However, the sarcastic negativity is harmful and totally unnecessary.  We need to be proud of our players for their hard work and effort and for never giving up. We are a young and talented team. Only those closest to the program know the true problems and I bet you that there are not simple fixes for complicated issues. We need to stand by and support this team. May our fan base never, ever turn into “fanatics” like Bammers. Love the heart and focus of your son. So proud of him.  War Eagle Always!!!

10 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

So sorry that his TD got called back as it was a great thing to see.

i have watched the run 4 times on tv replay...exactly where is the hold?....i have not seen it yet....i see normal O-line activity which can be considered holding on every play.....i have the sound down on the tv due to it being a romantic interlude with danielson for the updykes....was there a for real hold?....little or not, momma on forum or not, the truth is the truth and i am not one to offer praise where it is not deserved, but this guy needs to needs to be the feature back....diminutive size or not, he needs 20 carries a game.....the guy from k. state( forget his name) that played for years in the NFL did it and they are just about the same size....boobie is hardnosed but he lacks vision and speed

Should have had a minimum of 12 touches per game this year if not more. Any decent coach can tell that he has the IT factor.  I cheered for him every time he was on the field regardless of the play ran.  

15 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Thank you for your continued posts!  I was happy to see your son out there yesterday.  Regarding the negative fans on here, when we start winning again, they will disappear.  They only come around when times are bad.  We all are very excited for Shaun’s future with us.  

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

i have watched the run 4 times on tv replay...exactly where is the hold?....i have not seen it yet....i see normal O-line activity which can be considered holding on every play.....i have the sound down on the tv due to it being a romantic interlude with danielson for the updykes....was there a for real hold?....little or not, momma on forum or not, the truth is the truth and i am not one to offer praise where it is not deserved, but this guy needs to needs to be the feature back....diminutive size or not, he needs 20 carries a game.....the guy from k. state( forget his name) that played for years in the NFL did it and they are just about the same size....boobie is hardnosed but he lacks vision and speed

Was it called on Sal? 

1 hour ago, tigerchris said:

Should have had a minimum of 12 touches per game this year if not more. Any decent coach can tell that he has the IT factor.  I cheered for him every time he was on the field regardless of the play ran.  

He has another gear that I haven’t seen since Maurice Jones drew or the West Virginia tailback about ten or so years ago. Can’t wait to see him more 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys.... War Eagle!

I was laughing to myself this morning... I think about the articles I read about my son and the different comments that people say about him when saying what he can & cant do or should I say what he wont be able to do. And the funny thing is when I address it people always jump to the defense saying....oh everyone loves your son and all this and that..... which it doesn't matter to me whether someone likes him or not.... The good thing that I love about my son is that he doesn't entertain the negative energy, he only lets it fuel him. Its a good thing he has a great mind set and was raised the proper way, because after reading some of this stuff, its enough to make you want to leave and go somewhere you will be appreciated and used at your true potential instead of everyone doubting you because of your height....  I am almost positive that there are fans that would love to have all of that 5'6/5'7 188 pound athlete. People bash him so much they forget that he comes from S. Florida where playing ball here is like playing in the SEC and that he came to Auburn being the 2nd all time leading rusher going for over a 1,000+ a season and ended his career with 6,000+ yards playing against powerhouse schools. Big does not mean better, some BIG things come in small packages.  I am speaking in general to make a point that you should always be mindful what you say because they are human beings too trying to create a better life for themselves. What you say may impact them more than you know. We have got to be better fans and try to be positive a little more..... with that being said, Lets head to Nashville being a little more positive and try to be as supportive as we can to the young men as they take on Purdue.... catch you in NASHVILLE.... WAR EAGLE!

17 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Hey guys.... War Eagle!

I was laughing to myself this morning... I think about the articles I read about my son and the different comments that people say about him when saying what he can & cant do or should I say what he wont be able to do. And the funny thing is when I address it people always jump to the defense saying....oh everyone loves your son and all this and that..... which it doesn't matter to me whether someone likes him or not.... The good thing that I love about my son is that he doesn't entertain the negative energy, he only lets it fuel him. Its a good thing he has a great mind set and was raised the proper way, because after reading some of this stuff, its enough to make you want to leave and go somewhere you will be appreciated and used at your true potential instead of everyone doubting you because of your height....  I am almost positive that there are fans that would love to have all of that 5'6/5'7 188 pound athlete. People bash him so much they forget that he comes from S. Florida where playing ball here is like playing in the SEC and that he came to Auburn being the 2nd all time leading rusher going for over a 1,000+ a season and ended his career with 6,000+ yards playing against powerhouse schools. Big does not mean better, some BIG things come in small packages.  I am speaking in general to make a point that you should always be mindful what you say because they are human beings too trying to create a better life for themselves. What you say may impact them more than you know. We have got to be better fans and try to be positive a little more..... with that being said, Lets head to Nashville being a little more positive and try to be as supportive as we can to the young men as they take on Purdue.... catch you in NASHVILLE.... WAR EAGLE!

Everyone I know loves him, believes in him and wants to see the ball in his hands. There’s negative folks everywhere— we all need to just tune them out sometimes. War Eagle and Happy Holidays!

39 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Hey guys.... War Eagle!

I was in class with Lionel James.  Size has nothing to do with anything.  I want Gus to get his act together on offense and use his resources wisely to give his guys the best chance to win games.  I hope Worm gets a fair shot soon to show everyone what he's got to move this offense forward.  

Ignore all the player 'analysts' around here.  I don't even read those threads.  I read this one because you checking in from time to time helps keep their stupidity down to an acceptable level.  ;)

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Hey guys.... War Eagle!

Key takeaway that everyone on this forum needs to read before they make another post.  Thank you for the post @Momma Worm.  I will be traveling to Nashville to help you root on the team!

First of all, thank you @Momma Worm!  I always love your posts!

Secondly, I love Worm’s attitude.  And we all know where he got it from. 😁   Y’all let the naysayers fuel that fire and use it as motivation!   Keep doing that!

Third, there have been several RBs with Worm’s size and skill set that have been effective in every conference, as well as the NFL. (and I don’t think any of them have been quite as fast as Worm)  Anyone who says he can’t be successful because of his size is just showing their ignorance.  

Finally, I hope that everyone is making sure they separate their frustrations with our coaches and administration from rooting for our young men wearing the AU family uniforms.  I am as frustrated as anyone with our leadership, but these young men like Worm and many others commit themselves to this team. They work their butts off and risk injury for the Orange and Blue.  They deserve our 100% support.  Therefore, I will watch every game I can, and support these young men.  And I sincerely hope, whether it be the current group or a new group, they get the leadership they deserve to be developed into the athletes and men they desire to be.  

Merry Christmas and War Eagle!

Archived