All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Hey guys.... War Eagle!

I was laughing to myself this morning... I think about the articles I read about my son and the different comments that people say about him when saying what he can & cant do or should I say what he wont be able to do. And the funny thing is when I address it people always jump to the defense saying....oh everyone loves your son and all this and that..... which it doesn't matter to me whether someone likes him or not.... The good thing that I love about my son is that he doesn't entertain the negative energy, he only lets it fuel him. Its a good thing he has a great mind set and was raised the proper way, because after reading some of this stuff, its enough to make you want to leave and go somewhere you will be appreciated and used at your true potential instead of everyone doubting you because of your height....  I am almost positive that there are fans that would love to have all of that 5'6/5'7 188 pound athlete. People bash him so much they forget that he comes from S. Florida where playing ball here is like playing in the SEC and that he came to Auburn being the 2nd all time leading rusher going for over a 1,000+ a season and ended his career with 6,000+ yards playing against powerhouse schools. Big does not mean better, some BIG things come in small packages.  I am speaking in general to make a point that you should always be mindful what you say because they are human beings too trying to create a better life for themselves. What you say may impact them more than you know. We have got to be better fans and try to be positive a little more..... with that being said, Lets head to Nashville being a little more positive and try to be as supportive as we can to the young men as they take on Purdue.... catch you in NASHVILLE.... WAR EAGLE!

Only complaint I have seen about Shaun is Gus not using him enough. Most heart and fastest in the nation 2 carries a game just didn't make sense.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you guys..... It's not just about Worm (I can only really speak for him) but all the young men that wear that AU uniform. We cant change people and I understand that. I just feel that the people than are supportive of them show them in a better. They can only control what they can control. Even though we are using a keyboard, The tongue is very powerful and we speak through the keyboard. I can tell that its frustrating, but these guys needs us more than you think. 

2 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Thank you guys..... It's not just about Worm (I can only really speak for him) but all the young men that wear that AU uniform. We cant change people and I understand that. I just feel that the people than are supportive of them show them in a better. They can only control what they can control. Even though we are using a keyboard, The tongue is very powerful and we speak through the keyboard. I can tell that its frustrating, but these guys needs us more than you think

Thank you for that reminder.

31 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Finally, I hope that everyone is making sure they separate their frustrations with our coaches and administration from rooting for our young men wearing the AU family uniforms.  I am as frustrated as anyone with our leadership, but these young men like Worm and many others commit themselves to this team. They work their butts off and risk injury for the Orange and Blue.  They deserve our 100% support.  Therefore, I will watch every game I can, and support these young men.  And I sincerely hope, whether it be the current group or a new group, they get the leadership they deserve to be developed into the athletes and men they desire to be.  

This portion is definitely where my heart is this morning. We can point fingers but THIS is what its all about!

My birthday is Wednesday and ALL of my kids will be home so I will be taking a vacation away from computers.... I hope lol.... but I love you guys and if I don't return to this blog before Christmas..... I want to wish you and your family a very very special happy holidays! May God bless you and keep each of you! #WarEagle

14 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

My birthday is Wednesday and ALL of my kids will be home so I will be taking a vacation away from computers.... I hope lol.... but I love you guys and if I don't return to this blog before Christmas..... I want to wish you and your family a very very special happy holidays! May God bless you and keep each of you! #WarEagle

Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas to you and God bless!!

War Eagle Momma Worm :wareagle:

5 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Happy Birthday, Momma. Enjoy your time with your children. I'm sure those moments are fewer and farther between these days. Love to you and the fam. 

23 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas as well, and War Eagle!! 

28 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Happy Birthday Momma, and happy holidays to you all (again)! It’s been a great year having you join the family and cheers to a great 2019, much love!

4 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Happy birthday to us @Momma Worm! Glad to share this day with you! And also with Kevin McHale, in case you are an 80s Celtics fan like me.

5 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Happy Birthday and Happy Holidays to u also.  I've been reading and enjoying ur posts when ur son was just a committed recruit.  Good or bad please continue sharing ur insight because some FANatics forget these are KIDS putting it all on their backs. Sacrificing daily trying to change their family lives from past, present and future generations to come on the field and in the classroom. 

Happy Birthday Momma!

Happy Holidays!

Enjoy those kids being home, load the pantry & fridge, fire up the grill (mine are home now and eating like a military platoon) good times though.

Momma, before your son leaves Auburn ALL college football fans will know and FEAR Worm. People that can recognize not only talent but HEART know what is right around the corner for your son. He will rush for 1000 yards in 2019. Doak Walker finalists and ALL SEC honors. Momma you know it’s coming 😉 

worm reminds me so much of Barry Sanders. I think he is something special that we have only tapped the top of the iceberg yet. He and Boobie will make for a lethal combination come 2019.

Momma Worm! I wish you and your family a most blessed & Merry Christmas. We are still digging out of 23 inches of snow from 2 weekends ago! I am sure you will not have that problem in Florida!

On 12/17/2018 at 11:33 AM, Momma Worm said:

Thank you guys..... It's not just about Worm (I can only really speak for him) but all the young men that wear that AU uniform. We cant change people and I understand that. I just feel that the people than are supportive of them show them in a better. They can only control what they can control. Even though we are using a keyboard, The tongue is very powerful and we speak through the keyboard. I can tell that its frustrating, but these guys needs us more than you think. 

This is absolutely on point, and we all need to remember it. These kids give their heart and soul to Auburn, the least we can do is have their backs.

On another note, I'm STILL angry that TD run was called back against Bama. As soon as he broke in the clear, I jumped out of my seat and exclaimed, "HE'S GONE!!!" That's just one of the things that makes him so special: nobody is going to catch him when he hits open field.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Hey Guys!

War Eagle... I'm just checking in haven't been here in a while. How's it going? 

Oh, you know, everybody just holding hands and singing songs of fellowship as always....

How's Worm liking Coach Caddy? How's track going?

Archived