All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, you know, everybody just holding hands and singing songs of fellowship as always....

How's Worm liking Coach Caddy? How's track going?

lololololol I figured.......

I don't think they have had the pleasure yet to meet meet, just casually. He has never done Indoor so it was hard for him especially with the extra 12 pounds he acquired during football season lol. So I just motivated him to use that time as a training period to prepare for Outdoor, which starts Friday. They will run at Florida State. He says he feels GREAT! and he is super excited so we will see how this works out. 

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I don't think they have had the pleasure yet to meet meet, just casually. He has never done Indoor so it was hard for him especially with the extra 12 pounds he acquired during football season lol. So I just motivated him to use that time as a training period to prepare for Outdoor, which starts Friday. They will run at Florida State. He says he feels GREAT! and he is super excited so we will see how this works out. 

Welcome back.   We are so excited about his first year.   I loved his intensity and passion he brought to the field last year.   I watched him on tv a couple of times in HS, but did not see that level of intensity.   He has stepped it up I think.  So much fun watching him last year.   If Coach Gus would read the letters I send him, he would play your son more.  

Just kidding.   I think.   Maybe I should send Coach some ideas.    Hmmmm.   

5 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Saw this edit on instagram, figured I'd pass it along. Can't wait to see him rock #8 next year.

worm.png

6 hours ago, Beaker said:

Welcome back.   We are so excited about his first year.   I loved his intensity and passion he brought to the field last year.   I watched him on tv a couple of times in HS, but did not see that level of intensity.   He has stepped it up I think.  So much fun watching him last year.   If Coach Gus would read the letters I send him, he would play your son more.  

Just kidding.   I think.   Maybe I should send Coach some ideas.    Hmmmm.   

Ive been around, Ive just been ghost reading and keeping quiet lol.... Thank you so much for your support. He has always played pretty much the same to me but I've watched him play in person since he was 4 lol.... the chip as always been there, especially in high school. but thank you. lololol that's too funny about the letter writing. He isn't playing Spring ball but I am going to Parent Day this weekend and the A game still. I want to see the progression of the team and how the pieces fit. I also want to meet Coach Caddy. I'm excited about the upcoming season. Last year he was a true freshman so it is what is but I am very excited for him this upcoming season! 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Saw this edit on instagram, figured I'd pass it along. Can't wait to see him rock #8 next year.

worm.png

Yes I caught the jersey edit lol.... Someone thought the entire picture was edited but it was just the jersey, he is really built like this.  I was getting use to 25 (2-5 Get Live, I always have a slogan) his freshman year in high school he was 24 (2-4 gone get his, lol)  but I love when he is V8. It just seems like it belongs on him and he turns into a lil action figure when its on his chest. #8 has been his number since his last year of little league. 

17 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Yes I caught the jersey edit lol.... Someone thought the entire picture was edited but it was just the jersey, he is really built like this.  I was getting use to 25 (2-5 Get Live, I always have a slogan) his freshman year in high school he was 24 (2-4 gone get his, lol)  but I love when he is V8. It just seems like it belongs on him and he turns into a lil action figure when its on his chest. #8 has been his number since his last year of little league. 

8 (activate), it’s also like active-ate because he’s gonna eat! Glad to see you posting momma, hope all is well!

This girl is really excited that football’s back.  Basketball is a blast, but football is my #1! AND each year is a new year with new changes, so I always have optimism.  I’ll never be a downer, like some of the sad sacks on here. I have faith we are going to have a great year!!! Love #8!!! Little tune I my head, “Eight is great! Meet ya at the front gate!” 😂😂😂

14 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

I also want to meet Coach Caddy.

I know you probably don't have a lot of free time, but if you get a chance and you haven't already, go back and watch some Auburn games from 2004. (You can watch them from earlier in his career, too, but 2004 was by far the most fun, lol.) I think that your son and Coach might speak the same football language. Caddy played with an uncommon joy and passion for the game. I suspect you might know someone like that. 

Also, look familiar? 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I know you probably don't have a lot of free time, but if you get a chance and you haven't already, go back and watch some Auburn games from 2004. (You can watch them from earlier in his career, too, but 2004 was by far the most fun, lol.) I think that your son and Coach might speak the same football language. Caddy played with an uncommon joy and passion for the game. I suspect you might know someone like that. 

Also, look familiar? 

Definitely looks familiar! They really do have similarities. I saw Worm's  IG video with a tear emoji while he watched the guys practice yesterday. His drive and determination is amazing! He loves both sports so much.  I think he is going to leave an even bigger impression on Auburn than people really realize and I am ready for the show. 

18 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Love this!  Sign me up for #1 on the production line 😁.

Glad to hear he's enjoying track and can't wait to see him on the gridiron next season.  

I'm SO hoping to be in good enough shape to attend a game and see him in person.

BTW, having seen Caddy play in person, I suspect they'll get along great.  Very similar in respect to the effort given on each and every play.  I can certainly see Caddy taking Worm under his wing.

God bless and War Eagle.

• 3 weeks later...

Anthony ate them up in that 2nd leg and worm doing work on that final stretch . Oh man oh man. Our sports is on fire. Basketball, baseball and now track. 

3 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Hey guys! Just sharing footage from the 4x1 on Saturday.... Auburn is Lane 4.... Schwartz is 2nd leg / Worm is 4th. They won posting a time of 39. 80.... Enjoy #WarEagle

Thanks Momma Worm! Post more often because we don’t see much track & field news!

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Anthony ate them up in that 2nd leg and worm doing work on that final stretch . Oh man oh man. Our sports is on fire. Basketball, baseball and now track. 

Don't forget the young ladies on the Horses...SEC Champs and haven't lost all year!!

15 hours ago, toddc said:

Thanks Momma Worm! Post more often because we don’t see much track & field news!

I most definitely will. #WarEagle🦅

• 2 weeks later...

Today was AU-Some! It was everything to see my son’s teammates come out to support he & Ant at the War Eagle Invitational today & it meant even more when I saw the Head Football coach, Gus Malzahn at the meet supporting them. It said a lot & it meant a lot. Coach Malzahn is a genuine guy & is holding true to his word that we spoke about during the recruiting process, which was allowing these 2 sport athletes to 💯% participate in track & field as they wished. They are some important pieces to the Auburn Football program but Coach G stood by his word! It says a lot about him as a head coach especially in the SEC & today I couldnt thank him enough! It gave me chills to see him & hang out with him today because he could have been doing something else with his free time today.... It made me feel like these guys are important to him & his program. This is what makes us a family, this is what its all about! Im proud to be an Auburn Mom #WarEagle🦅

572D62FE-F1DB-481F-923A-57FBDDA690CD.jpeg

93327BB6-41CB-4362-A868-844BCF2D824C.jpeg

90186E4D-894D-49E6-BC34-67F63C480B7F.jpeg

44B42997-790D-475A-ADCE-E936A13EB061.jpeg

5A0CE628-8264-4CB6-8190-89D86309B9F1.jpeg

2644D18F-A0C8-4ADB-9E0F-4A63A029E34D.jpeg

Love this and the feedback about our head coach. He takes a lot of heat but his players appear to like and respect him. Love the pics!  We do not get to see enough of other sports! Thank you!!

Thank you, thank you Momma Worm! I love seeing the track and field stuff because we rarely get any coverage! Love the kind words about CGM! He takes a lot of heat, but he is a class act and loves these kids.

Archived