All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

19 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That’s a stretch.  TL had arguably the best TF season ever.  (at least winning the NC as a TF), but Barry Sanders is the greatest RB of all time!  To suggest that Worm (with the huge amount of potential he has) is SIGNIFICANTLY more likely to be the next greatest RB ever, than it is for Bo to have a really good TF year is a giant leap.  

Why is it a stretch though? I don't think I love people like you more than Worm does.... keep up the good work! 

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im just going to sit this right here! The Caption on this photo is what should grab your attention! I ❤️ ALL the naysayers they let me know when its about to get REAL! You fuel his fire & I thank you! #WarEagle

2C920254-EE6A-4CB4-98AE-3731D900BE78.jpeg

I just wish people did their homework on him before they run their mouth doubting what he cant do... Nobody is worrying about his height but the non believers & I cant wait until they try to jump on the bandwagon thats the pleasure we get from it! Ive seen it happen all his life.... Unlike other parents that just say their kids are good..... I will always support him but I am also a REALIST! If he didn't deserve it by working hard, I wouldn't expect him to get anything! Just know he didn't get to AU off a fluke he is real deal!

Just figured I'd further stir the waters here: 

Barry Sanders freshman year: 74 rushing attempts for 325 yards and 2 TDs. 
Shaun Shivers freshman year: 70 attempts for 371 yards and 3 TDS. 

One could argue that at this point in his college career, Worm is already greater than Barry Sanders was at the same point in his career. 😉

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just figured I'd further stir the waters here: 

Barry Sanders freshman year: 74 rushing attempts for 325 yards and 2 TDs. 
Shaun Shivers freshman year: 70 attempts for 371 yards and 3 TDS. 

One could argue that at this point in his college career, Worm is already greater than Barry Sanders was at the same point in his career. 😉

Thank you for the FACTS! I think people just talk to be talking. Recruiter They are stuck on how tall he is rather than looking at the whole picture. No matter how many outstanding things he does, people will never fully give him credit for his true talent. Sad part is people cant get past the height so they are stuck on seeing that he is a major player. Its so sad..... I cant wait until he proves everyone wrong!

55 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Thank you for the FACTS! I think people just talk to be talking. Recruiter They are stuck on how tall he is rather than looking at the whole picture. No matter how many outstanding things he does, people will never fully give him credit for his true talent. Sad part is people cant get past the height so they are stuck on seeing that he is a major player. Its so sad..... I cant wait until he proves everyone wrong!

fwiw he won’t have to prove me wrong. I’ve seen him take some hits and still make great plays. If anything, his height is beneficial in some ways. He’s solidly built and runs low to the ground. 

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

fwiw he won’t have to prove me wrong. I’ve seen him take some hits and still make great plays. If anything, his height is beneficial in some ways. He’s solidly built and runs low to the ground. Some of these plays are pure power and heart.  Tape doesn’t lie. 

You linked a video on Whitlow, FYI

LMAO. Throw eggs at me please.  I saw his video from PWR.

My thoughts were on Shivers. Sorry for the faux pas

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Im just going to sit this right here! The Caption on this photo is what should grab your attention! I ❤️ ALL the naysayers they let me know when its about to get REAL! You fuel his fire & I thank you! #WarEagle

2C920254-EE6A-4CB4-98AE-3731D900BE78.jpeg

There's a saying - "Those who know me never doubt me. Those who doubt me never knew me". This seems fitting for Shaun. Good for him. I can't wait to see him introduce himself to the doubters. 

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

I cant wait until he proves everyone wrong!

I cant wait until he proves some of us right! 

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I cant wait until he proves some of us right! 

Damn right!  I'm still mad he didn't get more carries last year.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Damn right!  I'm still mad he didn't get more carries last year.

Right there with you!

He always provided a spark...

tenor.gif

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Right there with you!

He always provided a spark...

tenor.gif

I literally had people argue with me about him getting more carries.......who would argue that?

Half of the plays in the highlight video I was like Mannnn.   The D was lucky someone got an arm on him or tripped him up.   Can’t wait to see him get more carries. 

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

LMAO. Throw eggs at me please.  I saw his video from PWR.

My thoughts were on Shivers. Sorry for the faux pas

Just focused on it, guy has top notch vision. Id say thats the one attribute he has over Boobie, undoubtedly. I just hope he doesnt end up being one of the types we sit here and wonder why he never got a real chance to show if he could be a starter. Bc him not playing again during that Bama game (even though Boobie was pretty good there) was and is incomprehensible. 

14 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Why is it a stretch though? I don't think I love people like you more than Worm does.... keep up the good work! 

That was not a slight towards Worm at all!  I am a huge Worm fan and I believe the sky is the limit for him.   I was responding to a comment that said it was “significantly more likely” that Worm becomes the next GOAT RB, dethroning Barry Sanders than it is for Bo to have a great FR year. 

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That was not a slight towards Worm at all!  I am a huge Worm fan and I believe the sky is the limit for him.   I was responding to a comment that said it was “significantly more likely” that Worm becomes the next GOAT RB, dethroning Barry Sanders than it is for Bo to have a great FR year. 

Hah! That's not what I said. I said that Worm is significantly more likely to be the next Barry Sanders than Bo is to be the next Trevor Lawrence. Big difference.

If Bo wins the job then I fully expect he could "have a great year". Let's even say for a second that he's as talented as Trevor Lawrence was a year ago. Do you think there's any chance that he throws for 3000+ and 30 touchdowns (to only 4 picks) as a true freshman playing for Gus Malzahn? Do you have any reason to believe that, no matter how pass-heavy Gus tries to make his offense, it will look anything like what Clemson has been doing every season since Tajh Boyd was wearing the Hooters uniform? Clemson has 6 seasons in this decade with QB1 throwing for over 3000 yards. 5 seasons over 3800 yards and 2 seasons over 4000. Has Auburn had that many 3000, 3800 and 4000 yard passing seasons in school history??

Furthermore, I'm not big on metrics but they are undeniable in this situation. Trevor Lawrence is a 6'6 freak. It's like Dabo worked with a team of engineers and biophysicists to develop the perfect QB prototype in a lab. Bo is a phenomenal athlete himself, but he's just shy of 6'2 and just won't be the same type of quarterback as Trevor Lawrence. Height, arm length, stride length, lateral agility... that kind of disparity in metrics just makes for two different types of quarterback, no matter what their respective cognitive abilities are. 

Now let's look at Worm and the GOAT. 5'7 vs 5'8. 185 as a freshman vs 203 as a senior. ~4.4 40 vs 4.37. Plays in a run-heavy offense that tends to feature one back vs played in run-heavy offense that featured one back. 

In both cases there are tons of intangibles and subjective variables that can't honestly be compared. And Sanders played in a different era and landscape. (I'm guessing that defensive players weren't nearly as fast 30 years ago as they are now, Deion Sanders notwithstanding.)  But looking at the things that we can evaluate objectively, I'm very comfortable with my comment.

Oh, one other thing that shows just how special and uniquely prepared Lawrence was coming in, which they mentioned on the national championship game broadcast. Dude attempted over 1300 passes in high school. That's over 300 a year for 4 years. He threw for over 3000 yards as a 9th grader playing high school football. He threw for as many yards his last 2 seasons in high school as Peyton Manning threw for his entire high school career. 161 passing touchdowns. He is very much in the argument for the greatest high school quarterback of all time. 

Nix had 218 attempts and 17 touchdowns in high school.

When you compare Worm and Sanders, it's the exact opposite. Worm's high school career dwarfs what Sanders accomplished. 

I'm not making any predictions, by the way. Just explaining thought processes and my take on the reality of the two situations. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Its Fan Day️ #WarEagle🦅

Give him a big hug for me and let him KNOW we support him 100%. 

Archived