All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

I love Coach Caddy! I am so glad he is back at Auburn. I love the idea of keeping these backs "fresh" (watching Boobee's interview, he's got his own kind of fresh :Sing:) and I love the idea that they are willing to mix it up and not run just one guy into the ground. @Momma Worm, I know how great it must be for you to hear such great things about your son. Not only about his athletic prowess, but also his character and leadership.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Really love our RBs. I hope they all can show what they are capable of.  For those assuming Worm can just be a Onterio Mcalebb 2.0 think about this for a second. He played LB in a very tough conference in Florida in HS. A kid doing that has the desire & toughness required to be more than just be a speed parameter back.

And to be honest...Shivers and Mcalebb are built nothing alike IMO. Shivers is shorter by 3", but built much more powerful. He can run, but also run through the defender. OM would fall down if a finger touched him. :)

I agree Shivers brings much more to the offense that OM did. OM was great w/ sweeps and returns, but SS can run any play, catch passes etc...

19 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I love Coach Caddy! I am so glad he is back at Auburn. I love the idea of keeping these backs "fresh" (watching Boobee's interview, he's got his own kind of fresh :Sing:) and I love the idea that they are willing to mix it up and not run just one guy into the ground. @Momma Worm, I know how great it must be for you to hear such great things about your son. Not only about his athletic prowess, but also his character and leadership.

His character recognition is what has made me most proud. This is the 2nd year I've read the same thing. It just means a little more coming from someone such as Coach Lac! That's BIG TIME to me that he see's himself in my son! I texted my son and I told him that's an honor. Especially because people like to minimize what his role should be because of his height. I think people think because he was raised solely by his momma that he is not as tough as he really is. Well just for the record I'm MAJOR TOUGH, I don't play the radio at all & I don't FEAR anybody but GOD. So Im proud every time I see his mental & physical toughness on display!   

16 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@Momma Worm, I'd love to meet you one day! You are a powerful woman!!!

If you ever come to a game, I'm there! I don't miss a game! Just look for Worm with hair, people say we are identical, down to the dimples. We are almost built the same (he's just super fit lol) He is just taller than me lol

8 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

If you ever come to a game, I'm there! I don't miss a game! Just look for Worm with hair, people say we are identical, down to the dimples. He is just taller than me lol

I've worked in the recruiting lounge/locker room building for games & seen you both. You do look a lot alike.

25 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Good gravy @Momma Worm, does he get tired of everyone calling you his sister?

😂😂😂 he just laughs but he is very territorial about guys trying to date me... both my sons are 🤦🏾‍♀️ My daughter doesn’t care as much lol.

013726A3-70CC-466B-9264-4E3BB76185EF.jpeg

CE0BA99E-D42C-4A39-939E-DD50821DCE60.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

😂😂😂 he just laughs but he is very territorial about guys trying to date me... both my sons are 🤦🏾‍♀️ My daughter doesn’t care as much lol.

013726A3-70CC-466B-9264-4E3BB76185EF.jpeg

CE0BA99E-D42C-4A39-939E-DD50821DCE60.jpeg

Wow!  What a great looking family you have.  Hard to not root for a young man like Shaun.  I expect him to become a legend at Auburn.  Congratulation on raising a family as a single parent.  I’m sure it hasn’t been easy.

3 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

His character recognition is what has made me most proud. This is the 2nd year I've read the same thing. It just means a little more coming from someone such as Coach Lac! That's BIG TIME to me that he see's himself in my son! I texted my son and I told him that's an honor. Especially because people like to minimize what his role should be because of his height. I think people think because he was raised solely by his momma that he is not as tough as he really is. Well just for the record I'm MAJOR TOUGH, I don't play the radio at all & I don't FEAR anybody but GOD. So Im proud every time I see his mental & physical toughness on display!   

You did one HELLAVA JOB  Momma. When he gets drafted you can write a book. I would buy it!

The best things in life come in small 📦!

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

We need to schedule a board meetup in AU at some point for a home game sometime, would be pretty awesome.

I am down. I would love to see some faces to these photos. 

I am a worm fan. I want to see him starting and getting a lot of carries lined up in the backfield and running between the tackles inside and out. I think he is our best tailback and definitely the toughest. 

13 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

We need to schedule a board meetup in AU at some point for a home game sometime, would be pretty awesome.

Yeah! So I can sla....Er uh... Hug the ones I've been wanting to for the longest.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:13 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

I didn’t get to go, but my mom and my sister loved meeting you and Worm!

It was a pleasure meeting some of the best fans on this side of earth! #WarEagle

On 8/17/2019 at 9:33 AM, Auburn2Eugene said:

And how old is the other boy? Does he play ball? Is he still in high school?

My other son is 15. His nickname is Sumo.  He does play football for Chaminade Madonna. He is on JV. He plays DE & LB! I ❤️ Him better at DE, the way he gets to the ball makes my heart smile! 

Archived