All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

30 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Is it pronounced like shivering cold or Shy-vers? 

@Momma Worm thank you for clearing that up.  Some local shows have been saying it as Shy-vers but in my head this whole time I have been saying it the other way.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Is it pronounced like shivering cold or Shy-vers? 

Oh man, I'm so glad you asked that. It never occurred to me that it might be pronounced that way. I would've been watching the first game and yelling at the announcer for saying it wrong. 

Edit: Whoops, didn't finish reading the thread before responding. Glad I'm not the only one. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Key word , respectful. Stronger than me. I don’t know if I could handle some of the stuff spewed about athletes on a daily basis if they were one of my loved one.

Exactly.

I won't ask anybody not to criticize a player, but it seemed worth mentioning in case it encourages folks to make sure they mean exactly what they're saying before clicking Submit Reply. 

I was wrong....I always I associated the pronunciation akin to a "forearm shiver"....

Regardless, he will do all the fun stuff on the field.   My apologies.   

Good to see you @Momma Worm. And thank you for the foresite to know things get adversarial in these forums. I will say though: we argue and debate in here like anywhere else, but this particular board does a very good job of not piling on a player. I love it in here, I think you will too. War Eagle.

3 hours ago, LakeBum said:

What does Worm think about blocking some of these big, nasty defensive linemen?  Are they teaching him special techniques to block them without getting crushed?  Please let us know if he gets to run with the 1s in practice.  I am expecting BIG things from him during his Auburn career. 

Oh man .... don't worry about the D-linemen getting crushed.  It's football. Just let Shaun do his thing!

7 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Shy-vers

You learn something new everyday. I’ve been saying it wrong this whole time. ??‍♀️

I'm delighted to have Shaun and Momma join the Auburn family (and other Shivers too). Reading about Shaun with those kids and Momma's comments here, it's clear to me that the family is even better for the presence of the Shivers. War Eagle Momma! We're all pulling for your son!

war eagle shaun and momma worm! exited to see his career take off at au and glad y’all chose to become part of the auburn family.

I’ve been a big fan of Worm since day 1.  Having @Momma Worm here, giving us insights, and demonstrating the character and determination that makes the Worm family “Auburn special” has made me an even bigger fan!  Can’t wait to see what he does on the field and how God uses him for His glory in life.  

Shy-vers, Shy-vers, Shy-vers....

Sorry, just re-training my brain.  I have a feeling we'll be hearing/saying his name a lot in the coming years.

Sorry, I'm not trying to pander, but seeing him speak and interact, just in normal situations not necessarily related to the football field, I'm very impressed with his confidence and demeanor.

I said this in another thread, I think he is one of those guys with such an infectious (positive) personality that he will rub off on many and be a solid influence in the locker room.  He has such tremendous value if only for that.

Oh, and he looks to be one heck of a football player too.

War Eagle Shivers Family!

Regardless of how he performs (I know he’ll be great), Worm will be a fan favorite for life. He exudes the Auburn spirit!

I was actually pronouncing Shivers correctly. Now, Igbinoghene is a completely different story ?. Welcome @Momma Worm. Very excited to have Shaun as a Tiger. War Eagle!

27 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I was actually pronouncing Shivers correctly. Now, Igbinoghene is a completely different story ?. Welcome @Momma Worm. Very excited to have Shaun as a Tiger. War Eagle!

I know, right?!

We're right back to the days of Aromashodu and Obomanu...  Wouldn't mind if Igbinoghene turns out to be just as solid as they were!

45 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I pronounce it Iggy! ? 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Now, Igbinoghene is a completely different story

Does anybody actually know how to pronounce his name correctly? 

5 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Noh-uh

Worm reminds me of Carl Lawson in a lot of ways, and that’s about one of the highest compliments I can pay to an AU student-athlete. Obviously, position, size, and State of prior residence are different, but the thoughtfulness, leading by example, extraordinary maturity, team-first attitude, high personal standards and expectations, the heart, smarts, work ethic, the obvious effect of the parental love, leadership and guidance in their demeanor, not to mention all the other aspects we saw in Carl are strikingly similar so far. I have a feeling we’ll see more of these parallels as we get to know him better in the coming years.

Just an abservation I thought worth sharing. 

In honor of Carl, “No comment”. 

1 hour ago, WaynesAUworld said:

igg-ma-nah-gun-knee

On 8/6/2018 at 7:25 AM, Momma Worm said:

While visiting home last week, Shivers stopped by some local inner city optimist teams that he use to play against as a youth. He spoke about the importance of education, working hard on the field & defying the odds. The kids & coaches were excited to see him & it was a wonderful experience to be able to give back mentally.  Here are a few shots from the visits. 

1336336F-FB59-45D3-BB61-76E61D1460DD.jpeg

C84D4073-A054-44FB-BCC0-37F144FC1906.jpeg

00150080-D477-47D6-8F48-67BF43F93832.jpeg

E30B54E3-A127-457A-9C4E-90CDD1987BC7.jpeg

B493DD5E-5FD3-4326-AC19-CC9610A1F4C1.jpeg

39E30F97-DA7E-4DC3-8877-65CDE2CCF18C.jpeg

9E0CD32F-B43F-4881-A91F-5CF097623A12.jpeg

There was another player that visited schools and worked with kids who had a tough time. And he returned and met with these kids even after entering the NFL. I like this type of legacy and hope it continues. 

Archived