All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

?

Gus will have no choice but to give him PT. Also not to limit him to only outside runs.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

My oh my, once worm gets a year in a FBS strength and conditioning program, that young man is going to be insane 

Dude might be insane right now - but to your point, we are going to have at least 3 solid years of watching him mystify our opponents. 

Honestly, if Worm has decent hands, I would love to see them use him like the patriots use James white and the Jags use our very own Corey Grant. RB screen them all dang day with his size and speed.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

My oh my, once worm gets a year in a FBS strength and conditioning program, that young man is going to be insane 

I don’t know where he’s been working out, but the kid is as jacked as I’ve seen an incoming FR.  I don’t expect big weight gains from him.  He’ll probably add a little bit, and dare I say, get even faster, and be a very capable SEC RB.  

I was a little hesitant about Shivers when I first saw his commitment due to his height, and his speed listed on his recruiting profile. 

My oh my how wrong my first impression was. This young man has overtaken NCM as my favorite player on the roster. I am SO excited to see what he can do in our offense. By year 3, it won't even be fair... 

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Dude might be insane right now - but to your point, we are going to have at least 3 solid years of watching him mystify our opponents. 

I agree

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I don’t know where he’s been working out, but the kid is as jacked as I’ve seen an incoming FR.  I don’t expect big weight gains from him.  He’ll probably add a little bit, and dare I say, get even faster, and be a very capable SEC RB.  

I doubt it will be much "weight" gain, but with the muscle mass he has right now, he would be competing and most likely winning strong man competitions in a couple of years. 

14 hours ago, DAG said:

Honestly, if Worm has decent hands, I would love to see them use him like the patriots use James white and the Jags use our very own Corey Grant. RB screen them all dang day with his size and speed.

Good call. Imagine if we'd even attempted to mitigate the pass rush against Clemson or in the SECCG by using Kam Martin that way. 

14 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Exactly. I think Momma said that they're looking at 185 as his ceiling, which makes sense and might happen just in the normal course of him growing from a 17-18 yr old guy into a 20-21 yr old guy. And I agree that he is more likely to get faster than to lose a step.

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Good call. Imagine if we'd even attempted to mitigate the pass rush against Clemson or in the SECCG by using Kam Martin that way. 

Exactly. I think Momma said that they're looking at 185 as his ceiling, which makes sense and might happen just in the normal course of him growing from a 17-18 yr old guy into a 20-21 yr old guy. And I agree that he is more likely to get faster than to lose a step.

@McLoofus He just turned 19 last month....When he returned to AU right before Fall camp, he sent me a pic of the scale, he was 179.... Now he’s at 183 I saw today??‍♀️

14 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

@McLoofus He just turned 19 last month....When he returned to AU right before Fall camp, he sent me a pic of the scale, he was 179.... Now he’s at 183 I saw today??‍♀️

If you can share, what's the indication looking like on his potential playing time in week 1?

22 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

No doubt he'll continue to put on muscle.  He's still young so may not be done growing either.  He's good now and will only get better either way.

8 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Hahaha WHAT? Momma, please tell him to go easy on opposing defensive players. He's gonna have them questioning themselves and wondering if they shouldn't have played tennis instead. 

This is gonna be one hell of a ride. 

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

If you can share, what's the indication looking like on his potential playing time in week 1?

I am unaware.... I'm sorry. 

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hahaha WHAT? Momma, please tell him to go easy on opposing defensive players. He's gonna have them questioning themselves and wondering if they shouldn't have played tennis instead. 

LOL.... that's better said than done. That chip is HUGE lol

If I was to compare him to someone at this point it might be Christian McCaffery. He has always impressed me a someone who plays a lot tougher than he looks due to his size.  I am so thrilled that we will get a chance to see this young man show his ability for Auburn this year. WDE

12 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

I love this. It’s how I feel Auburn rises to the occasion sometimes - playing with a chip on their shoulder. Such motivation. 

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

If I was to compare him to someone at this point it might be Christian McCaffery. He has always impressed me a someone who plays a lot tougher than he looks due to his size.  I am so thrilled that we will get a chance to see this young man show his ability for Auburn this year. WDE

I’m not very caught up on this guy’s momentum train but that seems like a very fair comparison. Looks like he began his strengthening before Christian did though. 

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Lol, the opponent scratching their head and saying "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!" (Shameless plug for McEnroe, my favorite player ever). Going to be fun watching Shaun give defenses fits. 

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

That chip he carries is most obviously huge.

I can tell because that six pack he sports can only be created by carrying huge chips.

I'm a big fan of speed.  You've got to like having Worm and Schwartz on the field. Terrifying if you are a defense.  Speed was expected, but Worm's incredible toughness is a surprise--not to those who already knew him, I'm sure.  He's quickly turning into one of my favorite players. I'm hoping they find some ways to get the ball in his hands this year.  I'm expecting big things already.

54 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Lol, the opponent scratching their head and saying "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!" (Shameless plug for McEnroe, my favorite player ever). Going to be fun watching Shaun give defenses fits. 

giphy.gif

Fits and rib bruises.

Archived