All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

Im a proud mommy thats for sure! I never worry about him! The show hasnt started yet.... he is going to wake a few people up! Stay Tuned?

You definitely should be. I am ready for more! Loved his confidence on that play. 

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so mad I missed his debut!  Had to do "dad stuff" right before the half.  Dang it, will have to watch the replay just for that.

It's hard to say what the future of Auburn running backs will be. But Shaun will be the "bowling ball" back before his career is over. MMW

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Im a proud mommy thats for sure! I never worry about him! The show hasnt started yet.... he is going to wake a few people up! Stay Tuned?

I’m happy for you; you have many reasons to be proud. 

I just think some people need to wake up to his potential sooner than later. Here’s to hoping!

War Eagle!

1 hour ago, EclecticTiger said:

I’m happy for you; you have many reasons to be proud. 

I just think some people need to wake up to his potential sooner than later. Here’s to hoping!

War Eagle!

He has 3 to 4 seasons to do that. Patience, grasshopper. It will come.

3 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Really wanted to see him with the ball more after that big first down run! 

Agree! Please give this young man more touches!

Momma Worm,

Ma'am,

Maybe the first of many for you. You might have seen it already but take a look at Sunday's Pensacola News journal. Specifically the front page of the sports section.

Can someone post that run?   Surely the coaches will get him more touches after that!  Showed poise, burst, power and was decisive.   Loved it!

I also liked Whitlow's carry at the goal line and for the last 1st down.   The backs ran with power!  They aren't 'full-size,' but they played full-sized!  

That was a HUGE question answered!

Congrats Momma!  Happy for you both.

14 hours ago, Rednilla said:

He has 3 to 4 seasons to do that. Patience, grasshopper. It will come.

Agreed, I just don’t want to see Gus have a weapon he discovers 4-6 games into the season, when it’s obvious to so many, eg Cam’s ZR capability and Kam Pettway being seemingly the only person on the entire team to not touch the ball against Clemson in ‘15.

I know in time it will come, but after seeing our performance last night running the ball, I think we need a spark. 

5 hours ago, WDavE said:

Momma Worm,

Ma'am,

Maybe the first of many for you. You might have seen it already but take a look at Sunday's Pensacola News journal. Specifically the front page of the sports section.

Thank you.... is there a link?

On 9/1/2018 at 11:17 PM, Momma Worm said:

Can't wait to see more of him BOOMing!!  

I was thrilled to see Worm get the opportunity in that spot and get it done. Shows Gus/Chip trust his abilities to ask him to get a first down on a play where he was required to get 4 yards with a man open to tackle him in the backfield. I hope they find ways to get him the ball in space more often.  

That one play Saturday showed me he may very well end up being the best back we have on the roster.  Quick moves, decisive cut, and made a man miss in the backfield when he had to.  I want more.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That one play Saturday showed me he may very well end up being the best back we have on the roster.  Quick moves, decisive cut, and made a man miss in the backfield when he had to.  I want more.

He clearly has the want to.

3 hours ago, jared52 said:

I was thrilled to see Worm get the opportunity in that spot and get it done. Shows Gus/Chip trust his abilities to ask him to get a first down on a play where he was required to get 4 yards with a man open to tackle him in the backfield. I hope they find ways to get him the ball in space more often.  

That looked like a missed assignment to me. :dunno:

20 hours ago, Barnacle said:

He clearly has the want to.

Great way of saying it.

I annoyed the hell out of my wife talking about him before, during, and after the game. "Yeah, I GET IT, it's pronounced SHY-vers. May I watch the game now?"

Archived