All Things Shaun "Worm" Shivers (merged threads)

Momma Worm

12 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I’m not sure how much bulk he could add and keep his elite speed.  

I think he could carry another 15-20 lbs without losing speed. In fact, no matter what weight he is when he leaves Auburn, I think he'll be faster than when he got here. As long as guys are on the right regimen and gaining good weight, they'll keep getting faster in college.

The scary thing about a guy like Shaun is he's still a kid. Think about this: Of Usain Bolt's 6 personal bests on his Wikipedia page, he set 5 of them when he was at least 22 1/2 years old. Shaun's, what, 18? 

As he gains weight, his legs will gain muscle mass and explosiveness. He won't slow down. Corey Grant is actually a good example. He was a notorious gym rat. His recruiting profile had him listed at 186 and he left Auburn at a little over 200 and as one of the fastest dudes the SEC has ever seen. 

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree 100% with WDE. Worm will be a part of the offensive gameplan from game one. He is a difference maker with the ball in his hands. He will also get more inside carried than you may think. He is unbelievably quick and shifty and surprisingly strong. Another huge positive is he can hide behind the OL and just pop out making it very hard on the defense to see him and where he is going. He will help us this year.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I think he could carry another 15-20 lbs without losing speed. In fact, no matter what weight he is when he leaves Auburn, I think he'll be faster than when he got here. As long as guys are on the right regimen and gaining good weight, they'll keep getting faster in college.

The scary thing about a guy like Shaun is he's still a kid. Think about this: Of Usain Bolt's 6 personal bests on his Wikipedia page, he set 5 of them when he was at least 22 1/2 years old. Shaun's, what, 18? 

As he gains weight, his legs will gain muscle mass and explosiveness. He won't slow down. Corey Grant is actually a good example. He was a notorious gym rat. His recruiting profile had him listed at 186 and he left Auburn at a little over 200 and as one of the fastest dudes the SEC has ever seen. 

Nah don't see him slowing down either. He's pretty stout already considering his height, anyway. 

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

It will be interesting to see how Worm’s size changes during his AU career.  You’re right @meh130, I don’t think Worm will get to 200lb.  

I cant remember his exact measurements based on our “official” AD numbers and what @Momma Worm told us, but I believe it was somewhere around 5’6” 170.?‍♂️   I honestly don’t see him adding much weight, because for a TF he is already jacked!  I’m not sure how much bulk he could add and keep his elite speed.  And like DD said after practice the other day, Worm isn’t a typical 170lb RB.  He brings the pain like a much larger back. 

Yeah they aren't looking to add a lot of weight on Worm. He just weighed in when Fall Camp started and they have him listed at 5'7 179 pounds (I saw the scale lol). I think the originally weight they wanted him to be was no bigger than 185-190 (is applicable) due to the fact that they want him to maintain that speed. We must remember that he had only 4 percent body fat coming into summer. The stronger he gets the faster he gets. He was born fast, so he can only get faster. He was #2 in the nation at the age of 7. So he wasnt trained to be fast. Its an athletic trait he was born with. He looks lean but he is bulky for a guy his height. His legs are whats more important because that's where his strength really lies. 

1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

Yeah they aren't looking to add a lot of weight on Worm. He just weighed in when Fall Camp started and they have him listed at 5'7 179 pounds (I saw the scale lol). I think the originally weight they wanted him to be was no bigger than 185-190 (is applicable) due to the fact that they want him to maintain that speed. We must remember that he had only 4 percent body fat coming into summer. The stronger he gets the faster he gets. He was born fast, so he can only get faster. He was #2 in the nation at the age of 7. So he wasnt trained to be fast. Its an athletic trait he was born with. He looks lean but he is bulky for a guy his height. His legs are whats more important because that's where his strength really lies. 

And there ya go. 185-190 is what I pictured him peaking at and that is plenty big in this league, especially- as you say- with his frame.

Very glad to hear that the coaches are already seeing what you know and a few of us have have been thinking he's capable of. The sooner he gets carries the better. 

18 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

OMG what is 4% body fat like?!

Just now, McLoofus said:

And there ya go. 185-190 is what I pictured him peaking at and that is plenty big in this league, especially- as you say- with his frame.

Very glad to hear that the coaches are already seeing what you know and a few of us have have been thinking he's capable of. The sooner he gets carries the better. 

I'm going to speak as an AU fan, not his mother. I am very educated in football because I have had to be lol ( I have one more son)

What people have to think about, he is not small, he is just short. That's 2 different things. His size is the size of an average player, look at his legs, They may be larger than the average football player. His height is the issue when it shouldn't be. He has impressed so many because they under estimate his power because of his height. When he is coming through that hole, if you stand there waiting on him, your season is over. I know this personally, I saw this happen a couple of times.. He actually looks faster than his high school football season that just ended some months ago. People learned early to stop saying he is too short, because he plays so big. He is the 2nd All time leading rusher out of Broward County. He is going to shock a lot of people. I saw practice Saturday before fan day and I was very impressed with the team as a whole. Its way different than what I say in the Spring! 

3 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I wish I knew ?... I'm so jealous about that 

Pretty sure that jealousy will be the case of at least 90% of the forum haha

24 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Many, many thanks for that.

13 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I'm going to speak as an AU fan, not his mother. I am very educated in football because I have had to be lol ( I have one more son)

What people have to think about, he is not small, he is just short. That's 2 different things. His size is the size of an average player, look at his legs, They may be larger than the average football player. His height is the issue when it shouldn't be. He has impressed so many because they under estimate his power because of his height. When he is coming through that hole, if you stand there waiting on him, your season is over. I know this personally, I saw this happen a couple of times.. He actually looks faster than his high school football season that just ended some months ago. People learned early to stop saying he is too short, because he plays so big. He is the 2nd All time leading rusher out of Broward County. He is going to shock a lot of people. 

I'm so glad you're here to say these things. People are tired of hearing me and a few others say them. 

I saw practice Saturday before fan day and I was very impressed with the team as a whole. Its way different than what I say in the Spring! 

This is really exciting to hear from someone on the scene, Momma! 

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

What people have to think about, he is not small, he is just short. 

Exactly! Shaun isn't slight by any means. Kid has some big strong legs.

@Momma Worm

I don't know how much I'm going to be able to post this season as I have my own battle commencing (I've been diagnosed with 2 cancers) but I want to say it's been a pleasure reading your posts and your attitude whether responding to positive or negative posters.

I've seen video of your son and, unrelated to football, his personality is the bomb!  I can tell from reading your thoughts and words where he gets it from. Y'all are good people!!

You should be very proud of your young man and also I'm a fan of you too.

I'll be watching and reading, posting when I'm able, and please know I'm a big fan of y'all.

War Eagle.

God bless you and your family!!!

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Darren Sproles was 5' 6" 190 and had a damn fine NFL career.  Worm's frame and quickness on tape remind me so much of Sproles that I'm giddy with anticipation.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Darren Sproles was 5' 6" 190 and had a damn fine NFL career.  Worm's frame and quickness on tape remind me so much of Sproles that I'm giddy with anticipation.

Andre Ellington is another that comes to mind. He is a little taller though

Jacquizz Rogers would be another with similar size. That said, Worm will be his own man and make his own mark.

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

What about Lionel Little Train James? I loved watching him!

He was a hoss.  I had advanced math classes with him and he was rock solid.  Short yes but could truck it...

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Jacquizz Rogers would be another with similar size. That said, Worm will be his own man and make his own mark.

According to Deshaun Davis’s remarks Worm has not hesitated to leave a few marks so far this fall.

All these comparisons to other RBs with similar size will end soon enough and folks will be saying, “Oh, well Worm was the same size and look how he tore up the league!”

On 8/7/2018 at 12:36 PM, Momma Worm said:

Shy-vers

I’m glad we cleared this up. Probably would’ve not know this. Most announcers too. 

Archived