Too Early Pregame Sights and Sounds -- CFA Kickoff game vs. Washington

RunInRed

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they have figured out the correct shoes to use on that turf. AU seemed to be falling/slipping a lot during the SEC Championship and the bowl game.

42 minutes ago, McFU said:

I hope they have figured out the correct shoes to use on that turf. AU seemed to be falling/slipping a lot during the SEC Championship and the bowl game.

Backup plan

s-l400.jpg

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Backup plan

s-l400.jpg

There'll be some knees popping outta socket on 9/1!!!

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Because let's face it, it's never too early ..

Curious... Who's shoes are these?  The white ones look like the same shoes the male cheerleaders are wearing in that thread...  They don't appear to be football cleats.

Coaches' shoes?

6 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

ESPN Gameday is going to look even more foolish than usual not being at this one.

Not really.  Game day is a better show when it's on campus.  I have no issues with them going to a big week 1, on campus rivalry game over ours.

Not a big deal. But better how? As many fans w/ slogan boards come to neutral games, especially when it's 2 top 10 teams (which ND Mich is not). Big rivalry circa 1991, true. SB Nation also had an interesting take on it yesterday.

8 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Not a big deal. But better how? As many fans w/ slogan boards come to neutral games, especially when it's 2 top 10 teams (which ND Mich is not). Big rivalry circa 1991, true. SB Nation also had an interesting take on it yesterday.

Just a better energy at an on campus show than a neutral site one to me.  It tends to translate through the TV a little better.  I mean, doesn't matter to me either way because I'll be too busy drinking game day cocktails in Atlanta to care about Gameday week 1.

9 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I prefer it when its on a campus as well.  They usually show some school traditions, parts of the campus, and local flavors/restaurants.  Majority of the people holding the signs are college kids.  I guess I just prefer college football games as well as game day on actual campuses.  Better atmospheres IMO.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just a better energy at an on campus show than a neutral site one to me.  It tends to translate through the TV a little better.  I mean, doesn't matter to me either way because I'll be too busy drinking game day cocktails in Atlanta to care about Gameday week 1.

Yeah, what he said.

3 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

There are people who still watch Gameday?

I do. CFB has felt so much more corporate since the playoff era began (more like the NFL in short), and Gameday is something that still keeps that more natural/organic collegiate feeling.

10 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Because let's face it, it's never too early ...

1500x500

Oh geez. Hope my wife doesn't see this shoe trunk. ?

18 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

ESPN Gameday is going to look even more foolish than usual not being at this one.

and that's a bad thing??

the less bspn the better

Wait where is ESPN going to be if not in Atlanta? Isn't it the only top 10 matchup of the weekend? 

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Wait where is ESPN going to be if not in Atlanta? Isn't it the only top 10 matchup of the weekend? 

Notre Dame vs. Michigan 

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Notre Dame vs. Michigan 

LOLLLL Surprise, surprise. Battle of the overrated, bloated name brands. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Sad as it is to say, that game might do better numbers than ours. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Notre Dame vs. Michigan 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Just now, McLoofus said:

Sad as it is to say, that game might do better numbers than ours. 

Keep in mind.  Even though probably more CFB is followed/watched in the SE than the rest of the country combined (just a hunch admittedly) bspn is right on NYC's doorstep so they come from a very Yankee perspective.

I'm sure they consider the Yankees/Red Sox, Cowboys/Redskins, and yes..... Michigan/tOSU rivalries, etc to be above Auburn v Alabama.

They're shooting for NYC (& NE, in general) TV ratings.  It's not about what makes sense....it's about $$$. (+ Like it or not UW brings little to the "national interest" table and we're "only" Auburn....not bammer.)

Just being honest here...

Archived