Too Early Pregame Sights and Sounds -- CFA Kickoff game vs. Washington

RunInRed

32 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Storm Trooper unis

Subtle. Well done.

Glad it was @Barnacle who asked. Some of these yahoos would be chasing 20 Slave Leias down Peachtree while their wives compose angry emails to AD Greene promising to never come back to Tiger Walk. 

Image result for dragoncon gif

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

True, I'm not too sure what Washington's fanbase is actually like? I don't think they were much before coach P got there.

They're actually a blue-blood.

Per Wikipedia:

"Washington has won sixteen conference championships, seven Rose Bowls, and claims two national championships recognized by the NCAA.[3][4]The school's all-time record ranks 20th by win percentage and 19th by total victories among FBS schools.[3] Washington holds the FBS record for the longest unbeaten streak at 64 consecutive games, as well as the second-longest winning streak at 40 wins in a row.[3] There have been a total of twelve unbeaten seasons in school history, including seven perfect seasons.[3]

Washington is one of four charter members of what became the Pac-12 Conference and, along with California, is one of only two schools with uninterrupted membership.[5] From 1977 through 2003, Washington had 27 consecutive non-losing seasons—the most of any team in the Pac-12 and the 14th longest streak by an NCAA Division I-A team.[3] Through the 2011 season, its 357 conference victories rank second in conference history.[5]"

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Subtle. Well done.

Glad it was @Barnacle who asked. Some of these yahoos would be chasing 20 Slave Leias down Peachtree while their wives compose angry emails to AD Greene promising to never come back to Tiger Walk. 

Image result for dragoncon gif

Dude, Dragon Con is going on downtown at the same time.  I'm ready for the weirdness.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, Dragon Con is going on downtown at the same time.  I'm ready for the weirdness.

Yeah, I thought that was the joke you were making, LOL. It's the joke I was making.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, I thought that was the joke you were making, LOL. It's the joke I was making.

Nope, was legit referring to our unis.  The storm trooper whites are what we are rocking Saturday.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

To keep it real, are there enough lockers at the stadium and convention center for the football fans to stuff all the dragon con fans into?

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nope, was legit referring to our unis.  The storm trooper whites are what we are rocking Saturday.

So it worked on multiple levels. Sweet!

40 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

To keep it real, are there enough lockers at the stadium and convention center for the football fans to stuff all the dragon con fans into?

lol.  I'm pretty sure there are a few who are fans of both (e.g., Van Allen Plexico on the AU Wishbone podcast).

7 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

lol.  I'm pretty sure there are a few who are fans of both (e.g., Van Allen Plexico on the AU Wishbone podcast).

LOVE that podcast!  Up there with All Access Auburn podcast.

Love the humor!  And he's a genius on top of it all too.

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Washington holds the FBS record for the longest unbeaten streak at 64 consecutive games

Did this occur during the time of written history, or was it just passed down through Bard songs?

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Did this occur during the time of written history, or was it just passed down through Bard songs?

You'll need to ask Golf that.

From NCAA.COM (hopefully more reliable than wikipedia)

https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2017-09-14/11-greatest-winning-streaks-ncaa-history

47 – Oklahoma football: 1953 to 1957

Since Oklahoma set the record for most consecutive wins in the 1950s, no other program in FBS has come within 11 games of the Sooners’ mark of 47 from 1953 to 1957. After a loss in the 1953 season opener and a tie the following week, Oklahoma rattled off nine wins to finish the season and defeated Maryland 7-0 in the Orange Bowl. During the Sooners’ run, they won back-to-back national championships in the 1955 and 1956 seasons. Since the turn of the century, Miami’s 2000-03 34-game winning streak and Florida State 2012-14 29-game winning streak were the only ones to even come close to Oklahoma’s mark.

Edit: After reading closer, I see the 60 game is an unbeaten streak, not wins, so ties factor in.  Reading comprehension FTW.:-X

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

They're actually a blue-blood.

Per Wikipedia:

"Washington has won sixteen conference championships, seven Rose Bowls, and claims two national championships recognized by the NCAA.[3][4]The school's all-time record ranks 20th by win percentage and 19th by total victories among FBS schools.[3] Washington holds the FBS record for the longest unbeaten streak at 64 consecutive games, as well as the second-longest winning streak at 40 wins in a row.[3] There have been a total of twelve unbeaten seasons in school history, including seven perfect seasons.[3]

Washington is one of four charter members of what became the Pac-12 Conference and, along with California, is one of only two schools with uninterrupted membership.[5] From 1977 through 2003, Washington had 27 consecutive non-losing seasons—the most of any team in the Pac-12 and the 14th longest streak by an NCAA Division I-A team.[3] Through the 2011 season, its 357 conference victories rank second in conference history.[5]"

Wow! So they're similar to us in a way. I meet people all the time who don't know about Auburn's national presence. Should be a fun game!

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm thirsty...

Good thing they have $2 Unlimited Fountain drinks!  or $4 for the souvenir cup.

3 minutes ago, McFU said:

Good thing they have $2 Unlimited Fountain drinks!  or $4 for the souvenir cup.

Their cups look much more expensive

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Their cups look much more expensive

Yes, I believe THEIR cups are much more expensive.

Archived