2021 5* UNC Transfer C Walker Kessler (4/12/21: Commits To AU!)

AuburnArch13

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You’re a god send with info but this sarcasm thing

Yeah. Sarcasm has to be blunt with me like a sledgehammer. We were having a serious discussion in the other thread. I didn't see an obvious way for me to tell you were oking there.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. Sarcasm has to be blunt with me like a sledgehammer. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, Gene Loblaw said:

Kid may have to make a decision soon with Cliff Omoruyi on campus soon. It’s kind of like Hooks said that we now have to ability to pressure five star guys to commit or get off the pot. Still think Bruce takes 2 big men but one will probably be Rongie Gordon

Isn't Gordon a true project at his position? Really raw, but with all the right body dimensions for a PF...

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. Sarcasm has to be blunt with me like a sledgehammer. We were having a serious discussion in the other thread. I didn't see an obvious way for me to tell you were oking there.

Here’s a serious question then, who would you like to see commit out this class? Like a top 2-3. You can factor in reality or not if you’d like 

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Here’s a serious question then, who would you like to see commit out this class? Like a top 2-3. You can factor in reality or not if you’d like 

Kessler because we really need a big man for after Wiley leaves, especially a do-it-all type like WK appears to be. Also Sharife Cooper because I like the idea of getting a great PG nearly every year.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Cooper first as we need stud PG's in the Pearl offense, then a big man who can hit the three like Kessler, then a SF/PF type like Okeke or Okoro who are mismatches for other teams. 

• Like 2

On 6/10/2019 at 9:09 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

Cooper first as we need stud PG's in the Pearl offense, then a big man who can hit the three like Kessler, then a SF/PF type like Okeke or Okoro who are mismatches for other teams. 

i want them all!!!!!

44 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Per Corey Evans, Auburn may lead for Kessler. Would still be shocked if the UGA legacy picks us, but this is grounds for optimism. 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wednesday-s-leftovers-dishing-on-unc-kentucky-bama-more

Awesome to see that. Thought he was just a pipe dream, but AU may be his decision when it comes down to it. Oddly enough, I think UGA is out of the picture with him and it's down to AU and Duke. 

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

Per Corey Evans, Auburn may lead for Kessler. Would still be shocked if the UGA legacy picks us, but this is grounds for optimism. 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wednesday-s-leftovers-dishing-on-unc-kentucky-bama-more

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I think UGA is out of the picture with him and it's down to AU and Duke. 

Most likely. Also Corey Evans put in a formal pick A couple weeks ago for Kessler to land at AU FWIW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

I've heard some positives on his recruiting but I'm still nervous

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Most likely. Also Corey Evans put in a formal pick A couple weeks ago for Kessler to land at AU FWIW.

I will say this...If we land Kessler I feel that will be the greatest recruiting job Pearl has done since he has been here. Why?

Looking at it on paper..Kessler was either going to follow the Kessler legacy at Georgia, or he was going to sign w/ a blueblood.

I felt and said so, regardless of what i was hearing from time to time how we had a chance, that we did not even have a 'good' chance. I thought the closest we get was 3rd. I thought the reasons I gave were just too strong to turn him to Auburn...

I realize..as in past recruiting wars w/ the top level players...we have come close...so close..and still lost out..(I'm talking major sports, not just basketball)....so I am still not going to bet my house on it..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I've heard some positives on his recruiting

We're just glad you can hear anything in your 5th millinea old man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We're just glad you can hear anything in your 5th millinea old man.

Well to be honest I've heard some very positive stuff as long as AU does not have some problems with the NCAA then who knows

15 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Wow. I didn’t see that. Really cool

I didn't either til @Dunndone414 shared the article. Formal picks are harder to keep up with on Rivals than 247.

On 6/19/2019 at 4:00 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

Awesome to see that. Thought he was just a pipe dream, but AU may be his decision when it comes down to it. Oddly enough, I think UGA is out of the picture with him and it's down to AU and Duke. 

Hopefully someone pointed out that Crean didn't really seem to get the most out of Cody Zeller at Indiana. He put up good stats but they underachieved both years Zeller (and Oladipo) was there and choked in big games. 

33 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Hopefully someone pointed out that Crean didn't really seem to get the most out of Cody Zeller at Indiana. He put up good stats but they underachieved both years Zeller (and Oladipo) was there and choked in big games. 

Dude's a bad coach in terms of coaching IMO. A pure recruiter. DK how he'll exist in the same market as Cali, who's better at that lane, but it's working for him this offseason I guess. 

Crean is a good coach. He would've been a star at UGA in the old SEC. But now he's probably top part of middle of the pack. He's a great recruiter but everywhere he goes he grates on those around him and I look for this to be his eventual undoing. Won't be for a while though like 3-4 years.

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Crean is a good coach. He would've been a star at UGA in the old SEC. But now he's probably top part of middle of the pack. He's a great recruiter but everywhere he goes he grates on those around him and I look for this to be his eventual undoing. Won't be for a while though like 3-4 years.

Reminds me of Dan Mullen in this aspect. Good coach with a high floor and low ceiling. He honestly has already seen his best days as a coach when he went to the final 4 at Marquette because of D Wade almost 20 years ago. 

Edited by GwillMac6

17 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

He is a good developer of talent. I will give him that. Dipo was a 3 star coming out of high school and the 34th ranked shooting guard and he was the second overall pick in the draft coming out.

https://247sports.com/Player/Victor-Oladipo-14674/high-school-2649/

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Reminds me of Dan Mullen in this aspect. Good coach with a high floor and low ceiling. He honestly has already seen his best days as a coach when he went to the Marquette because of D Wade almost 20 years ago. 

Nice comp with Mullen. I sure hope his best days were behind him but with this incoming class he's collecting some nice talent.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Nice comp with Mullen. I sure hope his best days were behind him but with this incoming class he's collecting some nice talent.

It was great for us that Claxton left. Besides Anthony Edwards it seems the team is still pretty barren of talent outside of him right?