2021 5* UNC Transfer C Walker Kessler (4/12/21: Commits To AU!)

AuburnArch13

3 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

A little tid-bit from the Rant board said that Dylan Prezkop is 13/14 on Crystal Ball picks.

We need for him to be 14/15 when Kessler makes his announcement :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW all AU related sources are still confident we land Walker.

ewrewr.jpg

werwerwe.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW all AU related sources are still confident we land Walker.

It's funny, on twitter and some other national sites, it seems like the assumption is that Kessler is going to Duke and that he's possibly already a silent commitment for them, but there's really not much of a shred of evidence that this is the case. We have seemed pretty confident that we will land Kessler for a while

Man if we land Kessler and Cooper in the same class i'll start a petition to change our basketballs teams name to the "fighting Bruce Pearls"! Cant believe we are in on a 5* uga legacy 

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

its amazing what a competent coach can do for an athletic program....i can hardly wait for the season to start

Isn't it though? 

Hire a big time coach and just like that we have a big time basketball team. Who'd'a thunk it.

CBP was and is a big-time coach but we would not have gotten him him except big-time programs didn't give him a look with the baggage. We were lucky and blessed.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, autan said:

CBP was and is a big-time coach but we would not have gotten him him except big-time programs didn't give him a look with the baggage. We were lucky and blessed.

To Bruce and his baggage...and JJ too. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, autan said:

Excellent point. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

To Bruce and his baggage...and JJ too. 

I was as critical of JJ as anyone here but I will totally give him credit for the BP hire. Still glad he's at UF now though, lol.

• Like 3

JJ took a huge risk in hiring CBP.  It could have blown up and I'm sure many of PTB opposed that decision. Some may have approved the hire thinking that would be the last nail

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, autan said:

JJ took a huge risk in hiring CBP.  It could have blown up and I'm sure many of PTB opposed that decision. Some may have approved the hire thinking that would be the last nail

We can make those kind of non traditional Auburn hires in basketball because the people who usually would make a huge fuss about hiring a guy with a checkered past don't care as much as basketball so it plays better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

We can make those kind of non traditional Auburn hires in basketball because the people who usually would make a huge fuss about hiring a guy with a checkered past don't care as much as basketball so it plays better.

His past was not so checkered.

38 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

His past was not so checkered.

I am aware. I was just making a point that if this were football we wouldn't of hired him sadly.

4 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he actually rip some of Chuck’s chest hair right off his chest? Like a patch of it?

Yes. It’s another famous gif from the fight

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yep. It was a low risk high reward move for JJ..

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1