2021 5* UNC Transfer C Walker Kessler (4/12/21: Commits To AU!)

AuburnArch13

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wasn't he going to official to us for the game this upcoming weekend?!

UOV. The NCAA deemed his OV from June as his 1 allowed OV to AU for his SR year.

• 1 year later...

1 hour ago, casatiger said:

Hooks45 says he is unhappy and transferring.   Gonzaga and AU are frontrunners.

I saw him a while back. I forgot who UNC was playing but man did he look bad. He looked lost on the court and I was surprised at how feeble he played

14 minutes ago, chizhead said:

I saw him a while back. I forgot who UNC was playing but man did he look bad. He looked lost on the court and I was surprised at how feeble he played

Did not look like a 5 star thats for sure.  Has a lot of potential though.  

On 2/8/2021 at 4:41 PM, casatiger said:

Hooks45 says he is unhappy and transferring.   Gonzaga and AU are frontrunners.

Do we still want/need him?

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

This guy is a big 5 that can shoot the 3. Gimme. 

Exactly - this kid would fit perfectly in a Bruce Pearl system. It’s a shame he didn’t realize it the first go round.

• Like 1

Hear me out here:

PG: Cooper

SG: Powell

SF: Thor

PF: Smith

Center: Kessler

Bench: Williams, Flanigan, Cambridge, Cardwell, Moore, Alexander, Johnson or Franklin, Stretch 

Hayull of a lineup. 

Edited by tigerbrotha12

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

This guy is a big 5 that can shoot the 3. Gimme. 

Rather have a 7' who can bang , rebound,block shots and score from the low post

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Hear me out here:

PG: Cooper

SG: Powell

SF: Thor

PF: Smith

Center: Kessler

Bench: Williams, Flanigan, Cambridge, Cardwell, Moore, Alexander, Johnson or Franklin, Stretch 

Hayull of a lineup. 

@tigerbrotha12 pretty sure Kessler would have to sit out next year if he were to transfer and Auburn take him.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:32 PM, ellitor said:

@chizheadMight need another big by next year also. Time will tell.

Yeah, so I have heard. I don't expect it to be WK, though. Hey, I saw some old video on Wilt Chamberlain in his high school days and he looked like a bean pole, similar to Kessler. I was too young to remember his days at KU, but he didn't gain a lot of weight even then. I do remember his NBA years where he was huge, and lumbered up and down the court, but in both high school and college, he led fast breaks was pretty nimble. If Kessler does transfer, maybe he can develop like that

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Kessler led UNC with 9 points last night in a loss to Virginia

So, he's still at UNC and playing. Transfer stuff was a false alarm?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

So, he's still at UNC and playing. Transfer stuff was a false alarm?

@Mikey The transfer thing was not & has not been decided. It was & is more of a if he decides to transfer & he has given it real thought, AU & Gonzaga would be 2 teams to watch. One thing that is definite is he hasn't been happy there as of not long ago.

• 1 month later...

I've been a Carolina basketball fan for as long as I can remember knowing what basketball was. I watch every one of their games. That being said -- Kessler has the potential to be a first team All American. He has all the talent in the world and he plays with heart and emotions. If we could somehow land him that would be massive. I'm shocked he's leaving UNC and wonder if that means that Bacot, Sharpe, and possibly even Brooks are all coming back next season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wonder if BP gauges interest or if we are gonna stay on just the guards.

A lot of Auburn folks talking about this one on Twitter. Since this is reportedly a “basketball decision” I.e., he’s behind guys at UNC, transferring to Auburn would be a baffling decision for him. But if he did, you can take to the bank that we are losing one of Thor/Jaylin. We’d have 4 guys that think they deserve one of two starting spots. 

• Like 1

If we can swing it on scholarship numbers then i don't see how we could pass him up. Most likely we'll be replacing Thor and Jabari after this coming up season so there is going to be a need in a couple years for some size that can shoot and stretch the defense. And him having to sit out a year actually lines him up better with our needs. Looking at next season alone i would say pass...but the with the longer view i can see him feeling a big need. 

He would fit so well in Pearl's offense. A shame he did not see that out of HS.

24 minutes ago, gravejd said:

He would fit so well in Pearl's offense. A shame he did not see that out of HS.

He did......... we had a legitmate shot at him but his family was concerned with probation. So I have no idea if we still do due to the damn NCAA crap. He and his family love Bruce just going to have to wait and see

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He did......... we had a legitmate shot at him but his family was concerned with probation. So I have no idea if we still do due to the damn NCAA crap. He and his family love Bruce just going to have to wait and see

He's going to be a very, very sought after transfer across the country. Hopefully we really do have a shot at him now that he's back on the market.

Unless Chet Holmgren goes there, It'd be really hard to turn down a couple years in Spokane with Timme leaving. I'd love for Auburn to bring him in though.