2021 5* UNC Transfer C Walker Kessler (4/12/21: Commits To AU!)

AuburnArch13

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

An article from 2018 has shown that about 90% of guys drafted between the 31st and 45th picks at least get one year of a guaranteed contract. It’s at the teams discretion but in that range, it’s generally assured. 
https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/05/10/in-the-money-second-round-picks-cash-in-guaranteed-contracts-at-exceedingly-high-rates/

One year of guaranteed money. Gah, some of these guys have no clue how to think about long term stability with money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Comparing Wiley to Kessler is a reach IMO. I know you like to hype up Wiley but he and Kessler are soo vastly different. Wiley was a pure post player straight out of the 90s and Kessler is more in line with the new age big guys in that he is a great passer, can stretch the court, and even handle the ball just a bit. I figure you know this so maybe i must be missing what you were trying to say there. 

I don't hype anybody up, I just speak what I see and I know. Every now and again I speak on hoping some things play out but I feel that I usually am pretty good on conveying the difference on things I'm just speaking in faith and things that I know that I know that I know. But of course I could be wrong in how I present things 

As far as comparing the two you're right I do know they play different offensively. But I literally wasn't speaking at all about either offensively I was talking defense. We didn't miss points in the paint. We actually wasn't that bad offensively, we turned the ball over too much but that's about it.

The reason our record was so different this year was our defense and toughness wasn't there. We didn't have an intimidating shot blocker or a dominant rebounder and that's the things Wiley did and like I said didn't just show up easy on the box sheet and people didn't appreciate the dirty work. Spencer helped as well. Good shot blockers and rebounders lead to easy transition points, which we lacked this past year as well, and also speed up the pace which we need as well. 

To be honest I don't care what he brings offensively too much. Himbeing a threat at the 3 will help us in spreading the floor and that actually can be really helpful but I wasn't pointing that out yet too much. Just talking about the immediate help needed. But that's no hype I know it. 

One of the reasons I think we'll be alot better next year is we'll be bigger and stronger and should be more physical. 

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

One year of guaranteed money. Gah, some of these guys have no clue how to think about long term stability with money. 

Not trying to say anything about your upbringing or how you live, but this reeks of a lack of understanding for what some of these players are going through. You been poor your whole life, you're some star at a D2 school where you don't even have the amenities that an Auburn gives you, there isn't enough in your bank or your families bank to be worrying about that. 

The majority would struggle in college or some trade equivalent if maximizing your long term financial security was possible 

FWIW JLee thinks Kessler makes a decision between Thursday & Saturday & still thinks it's an AU-Zags battle. Says the staff was very optimistic though yesterday. He's had 2 zoom meetings with AU & has 1 with the Zags today.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Sounds like UNC is out for sure.

:nanner:

The press some of their twitter heads and reporters ran with him being one of the primary reasons Roy retired (something he touched on in his IG post relating to the coach), I don't think that was a bridge that could be restored. Hubert could've likely threw 500k on his desk whilst talking to the kid and still not had a chance 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Sounds like UNC is out for sure.

:nanner:

@AUGoo Why did you have to say that? Now watch him end up staying there. LOL

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't hype anybody up, I just speak what I see and I know. Every now and again I speak on hoping some things play out but I feel that I usually am pretty good on conveying the difference on things I'm just speaking in faith and things that I know that I know that I know. But of course I could be wrong in how I present things 

As far as comparing the two you're right I do know they play different offensively. But I literally wasn't speaking at all about either offensively I was talking defense. We didn't miss points in the paint. We actually wasn't that bad offensively, we turned the ball over too much but that's about it.

The reason our record was so different this year was our defense and toughness wasn't there. We didn't have an intimidating shot blocker or a dominant rebounder and that's the things Wiley did and like I said didn't just show up easy on the box sheet and people didn't appreciate the dirty work. Spencer helped as well. Good shot blockers and rebounders lead to easy transition points, which we lacked this past year as well, and also speed up the pace which we need as well. 

To be honest I don't care what he brings offensively too much. Himbeing a threat at the 3 will help us in spreading the floor and that actually can be really helpful but I wasn't pointing that out yet too much. Just talking about the immediate help needed. But that's no hype I know it. 

One of the reasons I think we'll be alot better next year is we'll be bigger and stronger and should be more physical. 

Ok that is fair enough if you were comparing them on the defensive side. I don't claim to have any idea what Kessler brings to the table from a defensive standpoint. Wiley was great at banging with the big bodies down low and eating up rebounds. If Kessler can bring that along with his offensive skills then we will definitely be worthy of that 5 star ranking he had in high school. 

Here is your Walker Kessler update from Rivals. Gonzaga? GET OUT OF HERE! THEY ARE GONE! Zoom call was trash from them. UNC back in it and Hubert Davis is pushing for him to stay. Full throttle as it has been described on the UNC 247 site. Poor Bruce. He has done nothing but recruit his ass off for this casper the ghost pasty white boy for upwards to 3-4 years and I just have this feeling he is going to get screwed and stabbed in the back AGAIN by him. And of course it is to UNC again and again it would of come out of nowhere just like the first time. LIKE DAMN BRUH WHAT DOES THE GOAT BRUCE HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS GOOBER TO COMMIT AND SIGN WITH US?!?!? DOES HE NEED TO GO GET FORMER AU DB COACH GREG BROWN TO BE THE CLOSER?!?! IDK man............ He is pissing me TF OFF!!! RAWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR

HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS: MASTERS UPDATES ARE BACK FROM VERNO!!!!!!!!!! LEGGOOO!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!! YESSIR BAY BAAAAAAAAY!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Love 3

Confusing on the Zoom call. I heard reports that Zaga has a zoom call with Kessler tomorrow.

Is this a 2nd one..or what? 

And like I always felt, Kessler for some reason always felt we were his backup if he didn't get what he wanted. First NC, Zag, and possibly now NC again...

Reminds me of the guy that is best friends w a beautiful girl, wants to have a relationship wit her, but the girl will always think of him as JUST a friend...

• Haha 2

It’s a hard knock life for us...put on this random 6’6 kid from Kentucky that prayed every night from a look for UK. Family forces him out the second Cal shows any interest. UK blocks his dad’s number. 
One of the first on this guy, FBI s*** pushes him out...rides the bench for an entire year on the worst UNC team in years...we’re competing with that weirdo Hubert Davis and a Zags team with at least 3 forwards ahead of Kessler day one 

It’s big woe is me energy but I don’t get it lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

he is going to get screwed and stabbed in the back AGAIN by him

He hasn't stabbed Bruce in the back this time like last time per a solid insider on the Bunker. Whereas last time he told the staff he was coming to AU before committing to UNC, this time he has supposedly told the staff he hadn't been sure yet.

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Reminds me of the guy that is best friends w a beautiful girl, wants to have a relationship wit her, but the girl will always think of him as JUST a friend...

Exactly lol 

25 minutes ago, TigerStripe said:

It sure did get quiet in this thread all of the sudden..

@TigerStripe There’s been nothing new from Auburn info end the past couple days.

43 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Per JLee, this is about as 50/50 as it can get. Auburn got the last pitch.

We ought to know within 24 hrs. 

Honestly my gut tells me AU, but I’m no insider. 

Thanks for sharing

On 4/8/2021 at 4:42 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Here is your Walker Kessler update from Rivals. Gonzaga? GET OUT OF HERE! THEY ARE GONE! Zoom call was trash from them. UNC back in it and Hubert Davis is pushing for him to stay. Full throttle as it has been described on the UNC 247 site. Poor Bruce. He has done nothing but recruit his ass off for this casper the ghost pasty white boy for upwards to 3-4 years and I just have this feeling he is going to get screwed and stabbed in the back AGAIN by him. And of course it is to UNC again and again it would of come out of nowhere just like the first time. LIKE DAMN BRUH WHAT DOES THE GOAT BRUCE HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS GOOBER TO COMMIT AND SIGN WITH US?!?!? DOES HE NEED TO GO GET FORMER AU DB COACH GREG BROWN TO BE THE CLOSER?!?! IDK man............ He is pissing me TF OFF!!! RAWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR

HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS: MASTERS UPDATES ARE BACK FROM VERNO!!!!!!!!!! LEGGOOO!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!! YESSIR BAY BAAAAAAAAY!!!

Still one of my faves

if anyone wants a live look at what @GwillMac6looks like when he’s making a post (skip to 3:00), this is as spot on as you’ll get 😂

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Still one of my faves

if anyone wants a live look at what @GwillMac6looks like when he’s making a post (skip to 3:00), this is as spot on as you’ll get 😂

FREAKING LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE VERNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HECK YAH MAV!!!! LEGGO BAY BAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! YESSIRRRRR!!!!!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

FREAKING LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE VERNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HECK YAH MAV!!!! LEGGO BAY BAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! YESSIRRRRR!!!!!

Don’t even keep up with the masters, but I watch him every year lol

• Love 1

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Walker Kessler is in Auburn. I repeat, Walker Kessler is in Auburn.

Pic or it didn't happen :moon::thumb_ttiwwop:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just about everybody who is saying “Kessler to UNC confirmed” has cited nothing and when pressed has given a statement similar to “here are the reasons that he would go back to UNC,” rather than “here is evidence that he told someone he is going to UNC.”

Again, not saying he won’t end up back there, but I am saying people on social media/message boards tend to have no idea what they’re talking about. Some insiders in both camps are saying 50/50. Don’t think anyone knows right now except for the Kessler family. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Just about everybody who is saying “Kessler to UNC confirmed” has cited nothing and when pressed has given a statement similar to “here are the reasons that he would go back to UNC,” rather than “here is evidence that he told someone he is going to UNC.”

Again, not saying he won’t end up back there, but I am saying people on social media/message boards tend to have no idea what they’re talking about. Some insiders in both camps are saying 50/50. Don’t think anyone knows right now except for the Kessler family. 

I feel like UNC has the advantage anecdotally speaking, but unfortunately, many social media profiles won't admit they're purely relying on that same rationale, and nothing of fact. 

It just feels rare for when a new coach really has the knowledge of everything that led to what you didn't like in the previous coach, it's very hard for him to not have a winning pitch. Plus, you're already where you'd like to be, if you didn't have those coach issues. That SHOULD be the #1 pitch anyone can provide to a guy with a foot out the door, and if someone else were to win, then they just killed it and stole the guy. 

In either case, thanks for the updates