2021 5* UNC Transfer C Walker Kessler (4/12/21: Commits To AU!)

AuburnArch13

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I will be upset with him if Gurley chose Bama over us because we wanted Kessler more.  So essentially we would have lost out on two guys because of Kessler.

@abw0004 We wouldn't have landed Gurley regardless.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Tipton is the guy who does all the edits for kids when they commit somewhere. He knows ahead of time where kids are going.

🤷‍♂️

I still like listening to ellitor more, but that's probably just because I'm more familiar with him.

I really like the sound of this!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@DAG GET IN HERE AND CELEBRATE WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get your good dancing shoes WE CELEBRATING TONIGHT!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

LETS GO!

AridFirsthandIndochinesetiger-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

🤷‍♂️

I still like listening to ellitor more, but that's probably just because I'm more familiar with him.

His head is going to explode if you say stuff like that. 😝 

• Haha 2

Isn’t this fun guys! Everyone loves everyone on the b-ball thread these days. 😝 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They are recruiting Ty Ty at the 2. If we can get him we absolutely take him and make a spot for him. Stretch is not needed anymore. It is not only best for AU to open up a scholly but best for him to go where he can find consistent playing time.

I'm kind of struggling with this mindset.  We can't throw a kid away because he doesn't fit any more.  He actually made a commitment to AU and has worked his ass off. If he wishes to stay, we should honor his scholarship to the very end.  

I don't wish to be that kind of school.

• Like 2

Just now, AUGoo said:

I'm kind of struggling with this mindset.  We can't throw a kid away because he doesn't fit any more.  He actually made a commitment to AU and has worked his ass off. If he wishes to stay, we should honor his scholarship to the very end.  

I’m afraid we’re going to have to get used to it if we keep getting these types of players.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

I won't speak for Gwill, but for me when I said he needed to find another school it was mainly because I honestly don't think he'll get any minutes going forward. Between Kessler, Jaylin, Cardwell, and possibly Thor. There's just nothing left for him. It would be in his best interest of his career to try to find a place where he can get something.

• Thanks 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I won't speak for Gwill, but for me when I said he needed to find another school it was mainly because I honestly don't think he'll get any minutes going forward. Between Kessler, Jaylin, Cardwell, and possibly Thor. There's just nothing left for him. It would be in his best interest of his career to try to find a place where he can get something.

I don't think he has a future after college in Bball.

He'd be crazy to leave.

5 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

We already are. And It is not as bad as you are making it out to be. Bruce is just being honest with these guys. You think Jamal and Javon left all on their own? No. Bruce sat them down and told Jamal he would most likely not be a starter next season and Javon may not even play at all. Now they are going somewhere where Jamal will get to be a starter for his last college season and Javon finally gets to get consistent minutes and maybe even gets to be a starter. Stretch would be the third center here and get next to no minutes. Wouldn't you rather him carve out a spot in a rotation somewhere?

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

He'd be crazy to leave.

When we say leave we just mean to a school like a South Alabama where Turbo and Javon went where he can start.

• Like 2

Just now, AUGoo said:

He'd be crazy to leave.

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm pretty sure most people didn't expect Horace Spencer to be playing pro ball and killing it. There are way more leagues to play pro and make money than just the NBA. The only way other organizations will know if he can ball is to actually have minutes. He's not getting that at Auburn going forward.

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

When we say leave we just mean to a school like a South Alabama where Turbo and Javon went where he can start.

And maybe win some conference championships as the leaders of the team. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Except in b-ball it’s bama playing catch up!

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Even Dickie V likes this pickup.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

you can't have your cake and eat it too lol

I was of the same mindset that you really want glue guys and to keep the great goodwill narrative type players, but there's a reason you don't find many of them amongst those who win titles. I'm not saying we should just void every guy the second we get someone better on the table, but Stretch literally has no role whatsoever on the team unless he's defending other slow plodding bigs. 

You also get a guy with the expectation that he'd positively impact the team on the court when you give him a scholarship as a team coming off a final four. If that isn't the case, you're supposed to be a walk on.

• Like 1