Null



corchjay

CorchJay's Top 8 RB (available/possible)

Recommended Posts

I really dont feel like the Buford kid (brown) is who we need. It's hard to tell how good he is or isn't because his team blocks so well. He looks like an ok player but not on the SEC level.

Edited by AU80cruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Any JuCo kids they might consider?

With the RB core being so young & getting another year of experience I don't see them going the juco route

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

It's hard to tell how good he is or isn't because his team blocks

It's not easy to dismiss him or his ability because his team blocks great. At the very least he still shows good vision & good 2nd level ability (the latter especially having little impact from blocking). Also he runs hard with some physicality, has great balance, & good enough speed. Attributes that has nothing to do with the OL.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's not easy to dismiss him or his ability because his team blocks great. At the very least he still shows good vision & good 2nd level ability (the latter especially having little impact from blocking). Also he runs hard with some physicality, has great balance, & good enough speed. Attributes that has nothing to do with the OL.

From the film i watched before all I remembered seeing was him running in the plays direction and a hole opening up in front of him. First time he got touched, most times he went down rather easily and other times just werent very impressive. Which is why I said the Oline makes him look better than what he is IMO.

However, I did just see some film that featured some kickoff returns and he showcased some balance that I felt he lacked. Maybe he is better than I thought originally  and I'll give him a better look this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why we are discussing him anyway. It won't matter if he picks Texas soon & our staff remains uninterested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where do we stand on a RB commit for this year?  I know we still have 5 months to go but currently we are not leading for anyone that I'm aware of and........IMO it is unacceptable for AU to not have at least one very talented RB commit.  And I understand that we have some very good and young RB's on the roster but that can change quickly as we all are aware of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmmmm.    I wonder if Brent Fullwood ever had a son.   That would be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SouthGATiger said:

So where do we stand on a RB commit for this year?

Nothing has changed in the past couple of months. Waiting on guys like Noah Cain, Mark-Antony Richards, & maybe Kenny McIntosh til around October. Keeping most of the rest discussed in this thread warm til then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for this past years RB class, I know Worm and Asa were very high on the coaches’ board and top picks.  @Momma Worm covered that way better than I could!  To reiterate that, almost every person on this board knows you don’t extend a commitable offer that early if the kid isn’t a top priority.  And Asa was Mr. Football in AL and they saw him as the next KJ.  

Its true that Teague was very high on the board as well.  The truth is HJ would have been odd man out if we got Teague.  Last year was a deep RB class!  And I am very pumped about all 3 of our RBs.  I am expecting big things from Worm and Asa at RB.  HJ may play a few positions, but he’s talented and can help us in a lot of ways.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

As for this past years RB class, I know Worm and Asa were very high on the coaches’ board and top picks.  @Momma Worm covered that way better than I could!  To reiterate that, almost every person on this board knows you don’t extend a commitable offer that early if the kid isn’t a top priority.  And Asa was Mr. Football in AL and they saw him as the next KJ.  

Its true that Teague was very high on the board as well.  The truth is HJ would have been odd man out if we got Teague.  Last year was a deep RB class!  And I am very pumped about all 3 of our RBs.  I am expecting big things from Worm and Asa at RB.  HJ may play a few positions, but he’s talented and can help us in a lot of ways.  

I've been guilty of stating that there has been a problem with our RB recruiting when there hasn't been. (I actually contradicted myself on that front, because I've simultaneously gotten on several of our RB bandwagons before it was cool.)

However, I think it's okay to isolate the current cycle and voice concern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone would just like for us to get a top tier RB every year the way the turds and uga seem to do. Nothing wrong with wanting that and to me is no reflection on the RB's we have on the team.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

As for this past years RB class, I know Worm and Asa were very high on the coaches’ board and top picks.  @Momma Worm covered that way better than I could!  To reiterate that, almost every person on this board knows you don’t extend a commitable offer that early if the kid isn’t a top priority.  And Asa was Mr. Football in AL and they saw him as the next KJ.  

Its true that Teague was very high on the board as well.  The truth is HJ would have been odd man out if we got Teague.  Last year was a deep RB class!  And I am very pumped about all 3 of our RBs.  I am expecting big things from Worm and Asa at RB.  HJ may play a few positions, but he’s talented and can help us in a lot of ways.  

Asa didn't shoot up the coaches board till Chip got to AU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I've been guilty of stating that there has been a problem with our RB recruiting when there hasn't been. (I actually contradicted myself on that front, because I've simultaneously gotten on several of our RB bandwagons before it was cool.)

However, I think it's okay to isolate the current cycle and voice concern. 

There is plenty of reason to be concerned with RB recruiting. See last year not having a #2 back ready. See this year and not leading for anyone at the top of the RB board. Puzzling to me. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

There is plenty of reason to be concerned with RB recruiting. See last year not having a #2 back ready. See this year and not leading for anyone at the top of the RB board. Puzzling to me. 

Totally agree. Since when does AU not have a #2RB ready to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

There is plenty of reason to be concerned with RB recruiting. See last year not having a #2 back ready.

Not recruiting related as much as Gus's stubborn usage of his RBs as well as Pettway's afinity for Afroman.

9 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Since when does AU not have a #2RB ready to go?

Quite a bit since Gus has been the HC.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not recruiting related as much as Gus's stubborn usage of his RBs as well as Pettway's afinity for Afroman.

Quite a bit since Gus has been the HC.

Took the words right out my mouth on both items, except the Afroman joke, which is all you and awesome. "I was gonna get drafted, but then I got..."

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Asa didn't shoot up the coaches board till Chip got to AU. 

That’s true. I remember that now.  He was just high on my board from the beginning.  Haha!

As to @McLoofus‘s point.  I don’t think it’s contradictory.  I feel the same way, while I’m really excited about our recent RB signees, we do have issues landing the “top tier elite” RBs on our board.  Those guys go to uga, bama, and even other places before AU.  Last year we did really well inspite of that because of the deep class. (We got 2 of the guys that were very high on our board). This year, if we miss on Noah Cain, we won’t be so lucky.  

I hope/wish/think Gus and co. realize this and we’ll see adjustments made this cycle! (The dividends may not show up this cycle, but the change will hopefully be evident)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

"I was gonna get drafted, but then I got..."

HideousAnotherAllensbigearedbat-size_res

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This year, if we miss on Noah Cain, we won’t be so lucky.  

Don't be so sure of that. There are some good ones out there who are underrated IMO.

Tahj Gary: I know he's lower on Corch's list but I am high on him & have seen HS coaches in the state who feel the same way.)
Ronald Thompkins (Nebraska commit): was a beast last year before getting injured. If he bounces back with a big season he could easily end up a mid 4*.
Tye Edwards: Big physical athlete dead set on playing RB in college. As of now every school including AU wants him as a LB. If AU comes around to the RB idea he would be a great pick up IMO.
Jamious Griffin (NC State): Another solid prospect AU is looking at.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Don't be so sure of that. There are some good ones out there who are underrated IMO.

Tahj Gary: I know he's lower on Corch's list but I am high on him & have seen HS coaches in the state who feel the same way.)
Ronald Thompkins (Nebraska commit): was a beast last year before getting injured. If he bounces back with a big season he could easily end up a mid 4*.
Tye Edwards: Big physical athlete dead set on playing RB in college. As of now every school including AU wants him as a LB. If AU comes around to the RB idea he would be a great pick up IMO.
Jamious Griffin (NC State): Another solid prospect AU is looking at.

I would add to that there is usually a kid that comes out of nowhere in his senior year of high school that every team wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at our current Running Backs we're in a very odd position. We would obviously like to take at least one every cycle but looking at our roster:

Devan Barrett (So), Kam Martin (Jr), Asa Martin (Fr), Shaun Shivers (Fr), Jatarvious Whitlow (RS-Fr), Harold Joiner (Fr), and Malik Miller (So)

That's 7 Running Backs and SIX of them are underclassmen!!! I don't see any of them leaving after this year barring a transfer or change of position. I'm more concerned about picking up some more LBs and OL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Looking at our current Running Backs we're in a very odd position. We would obviously like to take at least one every cycle but looking at our roster:

Devan Barrett (So), Kam Martin (Jr), Asa Martin (Fr), Shaun Shivers (Fr), Jatarvious Whitlow (RS-Fr), Harold Joiner (Fr), and Malik Miller (So)

That's 7 Running Backs and SIX of them are underclassmen!!! I don't see any of them leaving after this year barring a transfer or change of position. I'm more concerned about picking up some more LBs and OL

Barrett already changed positions.

If Joiner ends up being a true every-down RB, it will be a pleasant surprise to the coaching staff. They recruited him more as a flanker/slot WR/TE guy. 

Next year, Miller will be a junior who has accomplished very little at Auburn. It's unfortunate and unlucky and I still believe he's extremely talented, but no 2019 stud is factoring Miller into their decision.

Among the underclassmen, that leaves AMart, Shivers and Whitlow. Potentially 3 absolute studs but if we miss a cycle then we're back to being an injury away from depth concerns. Meanwhile our rivals are pulling in 5* guys every season. We need a running back in this class. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Barrett already changed positions.

If Joiner ends up being a true every-down RB, it will be a pleasant surprise to the coaching staff. They recruited him more as a flanker/slot WR/TE guy. 

Next year, Miller will be a junior who has accomplished very little at Auburn. It's unfortunate and unlucky and I still believe he's extremely talented, but no 2019 stud is factoring Miller into their decision.

Among the underclassmen, that leaves AMart, Shivers and Whitlow. Potentially 3 absolute studs but if we miss a cycle then we're back to being an injury away from depth concerns. Meanwhile our rivals are pulling in 5* guys every season. We need a running back in this class. 

Beat me to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I would add to that there is usually a kid that comes out of nowhere in his senior year of high school that every team wants.

Or a diamond that gets hurt his JR year & thus gets undervalued on NSD a la Peyton Barber & maybe the Thompkins kid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Or a diamond that gets hurt his JR year & thus gets undervalued on NSD a la Peyton Barber & maybe the Thompkins kid.

Just now getting around to looking at Thompkins (unless I did long time ago and forgot). Granted, I can't analyze guys anything like Corch can, but he looks very similar to Richards to me. Loofy likey!

Huddle highlights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now