CorchJay's Top 8 RB (available/possible)

corchjay

The biggest problem this year is the lack of big backs with speed.  You either have the big lumbering guys or the smaller speed guys.  Cain is probably the mold the coaches want for this class a bigger bodied back with good speed.  They appear willing to wait it out a while to see how the recruiting plays out.  

If not Cain I expect them to target the best available and that would be Richards in my opinion.  After that I assume senior game film will play into how the players are rated by the coaches and any players that made position changes and such for their high school.  

But for a broader answer I have no doubt that we will sign at least 1 back.  

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Totally agree. Since when does AU not have a #2RB ready to go?

I don't know. We clearly had two ready to go last year. What we didn't have was a #3. There was no shortage until Pettway went down and subsequently out.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't know. We clearly had two ready to go last year. What we didn't have was a #3. There was no shortage until Pettway went down and subsequently out.

We had a two at the beginning of the year, but we would have been in trouble had KJ gone down earlier in the year.

Just now, Timbeaux38 said:

We had a two at the beginning of the year, but we would have been in trouble had KJ gone down earlier in the year.

Also, KP went down very early in the season and never came back. Yet, we couldn't get KMart ready in time for our most important game 3 months later? But suddenly he's RB1 this summer?

The staff failed. Tim Horton thankfully acknowledged it.

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also, KP went down very early in the season and never came back. Yet, we couldn't get KMart ready in time for our most important game 3 months later? But suddenly he's RB1 this summer?

The staff failed. Tim Horton thankfully acknowledged it.

Some RBs come into college thinking all they have to do is tote the rock.  They have no interest in blocking, learning to block, who to block or even think they should be blocking those big DL. When they find themselves riding the pines for a year, the light may come on and they see the way to play is to do learn to do the tough things in life.  It is hard to make someone do something they don't think they should be doing.

3 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

Some RBs come into college thinking all they have to do is tote the rock.  They have no interest in blocking, learning to block, who to block or even think they should be blocking those big DL. When they find themselves riding the pines for a year, the light may come on and they see the way to play is to do learn to do the tough things in life.  It is hard to make someone do something they don't think they should be doing.

That's all true. But I don't think any of that has anything to do with Kam Martin or why he only got 4 carries in the SEC Championship game.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This is not a negative statement. Just a comment on the RB discussion

giphy.gif

...Again.

source.gif

Hah! Perhaps not a negative comment, but a quality message. Touche. 

Random thought: I could theoretically take 3 Auburn RBs in my fantasy draft and 2 of them would be a legit RB2/3 with the other being a fairly solid depth guy. 

On 8/22/2018 at 10:08 AM, McLoofus said:

My personal wishlist is CAIN, and if not him Richards and Thompkins in no order. 

FIFY

I really hope we're abel to get him

cainandabel.jpg

On 8/22/2018 at 11:04 AM, ellitor said:

This is not a negative statement. Just a comment on the RB discussion

giphy.gif

...Again.

source.gif

someone let the cat out of the bag too soon!

On 8/25/2018 at 1:21 PM, AU80cruiser said:

@corchjay Heard this kid was pretty dang good against Opelika last night, Tank Bigsby of Callaway high. Heard much about him? He doesn't have any film that I could find but looks like a Georgia lock at the moment.

He's in next year's class. My guess is we land Roydell Williams in that class.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah, sorry, thought I put the year in there when I asked the question.

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

I think we sign 1 RB this year and 2 next 

I'm good with that, especially if we get a top RB next year. I do think we have some good backs already on the team. Any idea on who the one for this year might be? 

54 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Any idea on who the one for this year might be? 

Cain, Richards, & McIntosh remain the top priority targets on Auburn's board. If AU doesn't feel good about at least 1 of them by October then they will start pursuing their next group of targets harder.o

On 8/25/2018 at 1:21 PM, AU80cruiser said:

@corchjay Heard this kid was pretty dang good against Opelika last night, Tank Bigsby of Callaway high. Heard much about him? He doesn't have any film that I could find but looks like a Georgia lock at the moment.

Bigsby is very solid.  Very athletic.  Similar to Kerryon.  Needs muscle and at 6’ would love to see him engage contact a little more.  Definitely a Top 10 back in the class but if he doesn’t add the strength needed could get passed in his Jr and Sr years.  

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think we may land Roydell but my fear for him is that he’s reached his ceiling already in high school.  Good back not elite.  Hard worker but for me personally don’t see him right now as an all-sec type back.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Cain, Richards, & McIntosh remain the top priority targets on Auburn's board. If AU doesn't feel good about at least 1 of them by October then they will start pursuing their next group of targets harder.o

AU is still almost all in with Cain. 

Archived