CorchJay's Top 8 RB (available/possible)

corchjay

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU is still almost all in with Cain. 

Who do you like more? Cain or Richards? I like Richards more I think only because I know his brother is baller which means he probably is too

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Who do you like more? Cain or Richards? I like Richards more I think only because I know his brother is baller which means he probably is too

Richards. Cain will either be a stud or a bust. I'm thinking the latter. Richards might not be more dynamic but will be a good to great SEC back. Just don't think, along with some on the staff, that Richards is going to flip. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Richards. Cain will either be a stud or a bust. I'm thinking the latter. Richards might not be more dynamic but will be a good to great SEC back. Just don't think, along with some on the staff, that Richards is going to flip. 

Probably agree there. Cain has the look of what we like but the drops in the rankings are a bit worrisome to me.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Just don't think, along with some on the staff, that Richards is going to flip. 

Flip from what? He's uncommitted...publicly at least.

I just dont understand why we dont recruit Tye as a RB and if he then decides he does not like it he can play LB. We have done this before, see Graves back on 2004 team. Clearly the guy has RB talent per his stats and the coaches really like him at LB and we only have one LB committed. Am i missing something here?

20 minutes ago, corchjay said:

you can probably definitely knock Tompkins off the list now.  Injured again.  

FIFY. Tore his ACL in his knee. Tore his ACL in his other knee last year. AU wanted to evaluate him this season before potentially taking a run at him. That's not happening now.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

you can probably knock Tompkins off the list now.  Injured again.  

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FIFY. Tore his ACL in his knee. Tore his ACL in his other knee last year. AU wanted to evaluate him this season before potentially taking a run at him. That's not happening now.

Ugh. Hate it for the kid. Hope he can make it work at Nebraska, though.  

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Ugh. Hate it for the kid. Hope he can make it work at Nebraska, though.  

Already has. They are sticking with him & their commitment to him.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Already has. They are sticking with him & their commitment to him.

Oh yeah, I just meant I hope he gets healthy and that offense puts him in a position to succeed. 

Frost seems like a hell of a coach. Somewhat pulling for him to do well there. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Oh yeah, I just meant I hope he gets healthy and that offense puts him in a position to succeed. 

Frost seems like a hell of a coach. Somewhat pulling for him to do well there. 

He'll do well there especially being in the west division but it's going to be awfully hard for UN to get to OSU, UM and PSU level imo. its just a hard place to recruit to. Back in Tom Osborne day they recruiting the hell out of prop 48 kids

I should add great fans and a fun stadium to go to as the visiting team

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He'll do well there especially being in the west division but it's going to be awfully hard for UN to get to OSU, UM and PSU level imo. its just a hard place to recruit to. Back in Tom Osborne day they recruiting the hell out of prop 48 kids

I should add great fans and a fun stadium to go to as the visiting team

Agreed. Hard to imagine them getting back to where they were. Just hoping for respectability. Lived there as a wee tot and Nebraskans are nice folks.

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. Hard to imagine them getting back to where they were. Just hoping for respectability. Lived there as a wee tot and Nebraskans are nice folks.

Yeah I worked in Omaha for McKesson like to have died from freezing my ass off in the winter coldest I have ever been in my life

58 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah I worked in Omaha for McKesson like to have died from freezing my ass off in the winter coldest I have ever been in my life

Been there, done that in February.  Standing outside the Quest Center waiting for cab.  Thought I would never get warm after that.  Cold and wind were terrible.  Do not miss it at all.

4 minutes ago, tinman said:

Been there, done that in February.  Standing outside the Quest Center waiting for cab.  Thought I would never get warm after that.  Cold and wind were terrible.  Do not miss it at all.

God awful location to work in. One month its a 100 degrees and next we get 18" of snow and don't see the ground for 4 month cause there's frickin snow everywhere. kept my blizzard kit in my car at all times.

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Sounds familiar. 

The snow was awesome as a kid, though. Best sledding of my life.

I just want someone with the build of an Alabama, Georgia, or LSU back. Break away speed and enough bulk to punch through tackles.

Don’t think we currently have anyone on the roster like them. I don’t know if it’s our weight program or if we just recruit a different type of running back.

Watching LSU’s new starting running back last night all I could think was, “dammit not another one.” Brossette is thankfully a senior though.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I just want someone with the build of an Alabama, Georgia, or LSU back. Break away speed and enough bulk to punch through tackles.

Don’t think we currently have anyone on the roster like them. I don’t know if it’s our weight program or if we just recruit a different type of running back.

Watching LSU’s new starting running back last night all I could think was, “dammit not another one.” Brossette is thankfully a senior though.

Have you seen D. Swift, Herran (sp), and James Cook for UGA... all little guys.

Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs arent big guys for Bama.  Robinson which rarely plays is a big guy.  N. Harris is tall but doesnt play as physical as some of bama’s Old big backs.  

I do agree with you we need that 6’1” 220 guy to balance out our running back room.  Come on down Richards and put on 7-8 lbs of muscle each year and by his sophomore or junior year would be a beast

Yeah. Whitlow is 6'0 215 as a redshirt freshman. He's already pretty much an NFL prototype physically. Malik Miller, if he can ever get healthy, is 5'11 216. Harold Joiner, who is evidently showing the staff something, is 6'4 215 as a true freshman. We've got size at the position. 

Archived