CorchJay's Top 8 RB (available/possible)

corchjay

53 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Do see where Woodson has us back in it with McIntosh(sp). 

I thought Porter was the connection to McIntosh?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, ellitor said:

I wouldn't add Asa in that success group yet. As WDE & Bird have pointed out he is having attitude & work ethic issues. Plus he has a case of the Malik Millers.

Too bad....those are bad issues to have in a big time football program.    Seems he has great potential and maybe just a matter or adjusting to being down the pecking order on the RB list. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't think Edwards is very high with the AU staff. Do see where Woodson has us back in it with McIntosh(sp). 

What is it about Edwards they don't like or is it more that they like him but like others more?

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

What is it about Edwards they don't like or is it more that they like him but like others more?

They like him but like others more. I still think it's interesting no team sees him as a take as a RB right now.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread to get @corchjay's opinion on Jamious Griffin. He is an NC State commit AU has picked up interest in recently. Sorry if you already covered him Corch but I'm not looking through 9 pages to find it. Lol

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Bumping this thread to get @corchjay's opinion on Jamious Griffin. He is an NC State commit AU has picked up interest in recently. Sorry if you already covered him Corch but I'm not looking through 9 pages to find it. Lol

Not CorchJay but the kid looks electric to me and plays against good competition.  Without knowing how Asa will ultimately turn out we are looking at Whitlow and Shivers as our RBs right now.  Something is off with Kmarts vision and I have not seen it brought up on any site yet.  He is reading his holes and cutback lanes very poorly in my opinion this year.  I have seen numerous instances where there is a hole and he goes by it only to run into the back of one of the OL.  I have seen him run full speed into the back of a blocker at least 4 times this year.

I am liking MAR as my #1 wish right now.  I would love a bigger back with speed but due to the NFL money most of the 6'-1" 225 lb RBs are now playing LB.  I think that is something that is overlooked.  20 years ago there was a large amount of kids in HS with those measurables playing RB.  Now there are not very many. 

19 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

He is reading his holes and cutback lanes very poorly in my opinion this year. I have seen numerous instances where there is a hole and he goes by it only to run into the back of one of the OL

Gus' run scheme doesn't really promote cut back lanes & what not FWIW. Gus's schemes are designed for the RBs to hit a primary hole. Not sure how much freedom he gives or his blocking schemes allow for cut backs.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gus' run scheme doesn't really promote cut back lanes & what not FWIW. Gus's schemes are designed for the RBs to hit a primary hole. Not sure how much freedom he gives or his blocking schemes allow for cut backs.

I normally agree with about everything you say Ellitor and you are correct Gus  says go to this hole but every good running back worth his salt adjusts when needed. Kerryon did it last year and I am seeing Boobie do it this year at times. Sometimes when DE does loop with  DT it creates a different hole then originally planned as an example and both the O-line and RB have to adjust on the fly.  NorthGateTiger is correct that Kam does not adjust on the fly as well as Boobie.  It is also one of the areas the O-Line has issues with.

54 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I normally agree with about everything you say Ellitor and you are correct Gus  says go to this hole but every good running back worth his salt adjusts when needed. Kerryon did it last year and I am seeing Boobie do it this year at times. Sometimes when DE does loop with  DT it creates a different hole then originally planned as an example and both the O-line and RB have to adjust on the fly.  NorthGateTiger is correct that Kam does not adjust on the fly as well as Boobie.  It is also one of the areas the O-Line has issues with.

FWIW from what I have seen from people who know a lot more about the coaching side of things than me & connected to the program, Gus' scheme, specifically for OL blocking doesn't allow for much adjustments for OL. Also makes me wonder even more about Barber missing the holes quite a bit in his AU career. but be an NFL caliber starting RB. Makes me think there is some real truth to what connecteds say.

As for Boobee I've seen much more toughness than being able to adjust in plays.

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW from what I have seen from people who know a lot more about the coaching side of things than me & connected to the program, Gus' scheme, specifically for OL blocking doesn't allow for much adjustments for OL. Also makes me wonder even more about Barber missing the holes quite a bit in his AU career. but be an NFL caliber starting RB. Makes me think there is some real truth to what connecteds say.

As for Boobee I've seen much more toughness than being able to adjust in plays.

@ellitor I responded in his named thread about him as you already know but @NorthGATiger is correct.  And is the reason why you hear 1 cut backs.  It’s mainly not for dodging a LB in the hole but addressing the intended hole reading the block 1 step to the hole and go.  KMart has shown very poor vision in the hole and leading to the hole.  He is a little better on the edge but not much.  Most blocking schemes aren’t very adjustable after you establish a game plan.  You may make a tweak on who to double or something like that but why the center making the correct call on alignment in our system is so important it basically tells the linemen who to block.  

Funny video in the NFL is making a call on who the Mike is on the OL blocking scheme and the identified linebacker isn’t the actual Mike in the defensive scheme is talking back to the QB that he isn’t the Mike..  when the QB didn’t care if he was the actual Mike backer or not but in the OLs blocking scheme he was identified as the Mike.    I’ll see if I can find the video

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

@ellitor I responded in his named thread about him as you already know but @NorthGATiger is correct.  And is the reason why you hear 1 cut backs.  It’s mainly not for dodging a LB in the hole but addressing the intended hole reading the block 1 step to the hole and go.  KMart has shown very poor vision in the hole and leading to the hole.  He is a little better on the edge but not much.  Most blocking schemes aren’t very adjustable after you establish a game plan.  You may make a tweak on who to double or something like that but why the center making the correct call on alignment in our system is so important it basically tells the linemen who to block.  

Funny video in the NFL is making a call on who the Mike is on the OL blocking scheme and the identified linebacker isn’t the actual Mike in the defensive scheme is talking back to the QB that he isn’t the Mike..  when the QB didn’t care if he was the actual Mike backer or not but in the OLs blocking scheme he was identified as the Mike.    I’ll see if I can find the video

I thought 1 cut backs were for a zone blocking schemes. Gus favors man blocking so I kind of got the impression 1 cut backs didn't apply. :blink:

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I thought 1 cut backs were for a zone blocking schemes. Gus favors man blocking so I kind of got the impression 1 cut backs didn't apply. :blink:

That’s cut back for zone blocking 1 cut is like I described in the earlier post

Just now, corchjay said:

That’s cut back for zone blocking 1 cut is like I described in the earlier post

What's the difference?

Just now, ellitor said:

What's the difference?

Not much.  Normally difference is described in the scheme itself.  Zone you’re looking for cutback opportunities... man or traps you’re looking for 1 cut opportunities however they are very similar just a little different in speech that most coaches use to describe.  One is more about vision to cut back against the flow of the defense... the cut back (could be east west movement) The other is more 1 cut or skip step and accelerate north and south.  Similar skills and both require vision of the holes and blocks.  Here’s you a good description of 1 cut back... Tre Mason.  A cut back back would be like Mark Ingram.  Both very similar but one gets more north and south quicker the other cuts back against the flow of defense to find holes.  But same kind of skill level to do both it’s just an inate ability of the player.  

13 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Not CorchJay but the kid looks electric to me and plays against good competition.  Without knowing how Asa will ultimately turn out we are looking at Whitlow and Shivers as our RBs right now.  Something is off with Kmarts vision and I have not seen it brought up on any site yet.  He is reading his holes and cutback lanes very poorly in my opinion this year.  I have seen numerous instances where there is a hole and he goes by it only to run into the back of one of the OL.  I have seen him run full speed into the back of a blocker at least 4 times this year.

I am liking MAR as my #1 wish right now.  I would love a bigger back with speed but due to the NFL money most of the 6'-1" 225 lb RBs are now playing LB.  I think that is something that is overlooked.  20 years ago there was a large amount of kids in HS with those measurables playing RB.  Now there are not very many. 

Out of reactions but this is a great post IMO. Especially the part about RB size. There are only a handful of Gurley/Barkley/AP types at any given time. We can't be holding our breath that one of them falls to us. I think our perception is further skewed by the fact that so many of them go to our 2 main rivals.

MAR reminds me of KI who I consider one of the best 1-cut RBs to ever play at AU. But I'm out of my league even using that terminology, lol. 

Any chance we get on this Emory kid again after his decommittment from Georgia?

45 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:
1 hour ago, toddc said:

Any chance we get on this Emory kid again after his decommittment from Georgia?

thinking LSU

^^^^THIS. What it could do though is help us with Cain. If Emery picks LSU they would have 2 RB commits & not sure they would let go of home city boy Tyrion Davis for Cain.

Archived