CorchJay's Top 8 RB (available/possible)

corchjay

43 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

And just to piggy back....which I don't normally do this & I wont do this again, however I get sick and tired of people making it seem like Worm wasn't highly recruited by AU and that he is some kid that just committed to commit to AU because he had no where else to go. Worm held well  over 25 offers from D-1 schools.... HE CHOSE AU! what people don't know is that Worm's offer came straight from Coach G...... Here's how Worm was recruited,  Crime Dog was there at the time & saw Worm practicing. He like what he saw and instantly he hit Coach G up and told him about him. Coach G immediately looked him up and watched his film. Coach G called back and personally offered him, himself. if people are giving accurate stories that they get from the inside, so they say, they will know that EVERY coach on that team knows, Worm is known as Gus guy. That's the intel and that's why I ignore all ignorant comments when it relates to my son lol. Sometimes I feel like people disrespect the fact that he and Joey Gatewood were the longest recruits committed  for this 2018 class and NEVER wavered. If nobody ever believed in Worm, Coach G did and he expressed that when he explained why he recruited him, which was because I liked how he played with a chip on his shoulder, wasn't afraid of anything and the knows the game of football.  

BOOM!    (maybe that deserves two Booms, is that legal?)   I remember watching the Worm on ESPN last season in Texas and getting excited!

I said I would not say anything else on this matter...but many of us are addicts to some degree:

1.  It is easy to see how much we all love Auburn and easy to see the passion.

2. We got spoiled with so many RBs that built Auburn's legacy on the offensive side.  Like how many programs can boast they had Bo Jackson?  I give Hershel his due, but let's be real.  (and the list of the other legendary backs is crazy long...I still vote for B Fullwood)

3.   It is unrealistic to think we can just "reload" every year with a 1st team - ALL SEC back.  Development takes time and the defenses today (in the SEC) are at a higher caliber than they were last decade and certainly before that.  

4.  We are going to be just fine at RB and we are all super frustrated to see uga return to a perennial power and land the recruits they get.  It sucks we have to share the state with the turds and now UT has begun a legitimate push south into our homes......this has spilled over into this thread for sure.  I thought we were going to have the Worm and the kid from Tenn (Master Teague).  

Let's all agree this year is probably more important than most realize for future recruiting.   

WDE!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

And just to piggy back....which I don't normally do this & I wont do this again, however I get sick and tired of people making it seem like Worm wasn't highly recruited by AU and that he is some kid that just committed to commit to AU because he had no where else to go. Worm held well  over 25 offers from D-1 schools.... HE CHOSE AU! what people don't know is that Worm's offer came straight from Coach G...... Here's how Worm was recruited,  Crime Dog was there at the time & saw Worm practicing. He like what he saw and instantly he hit Coach G up and told him about him. Coach G immediately looked him up and watched his film. Coach G called back and personally offered him, himself. if people are giving accurate stories that they get from the inside, so they say, they will know that EVERY coach on that team knows, Worm is known as Gus guy. That's the intel and that's why I ignore all ignorant comments when it relates to my son lol. Sometimes I feel like people disrespect the fact that he and Joey Gatewood were the longest recruits committed  for this 2018 class and NEVER wavered. If nobody ever believed in Worm, Coach G did and he expressed that when he explained why he recruited him, which was because I liked how he played with a chip on his shoulder, wasn't afraid of anything and the knows the game of football.  

i guess she told you and you and you and errbody :)

1 minute ago, dabrasco said:

i guess she told you and you and you and errbody :)

??? I wasnt trying to be mean... I was just being honest ??‍♀️ 

Just now, Momma Worm said:

??? I wasnt trying to be mean... I was just being honest ??‍♀️ 

Please be honest more often.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

momma worm, if you spend any amount of time on this and other message boards you will see that ignorance is abundant.  As much time as I know you have spent here I'm betting you can allready pick out those who have an abundance of knowledge as compared to those who might struggle to tell the difference between a football and basketball. Frustration ( 2 prime examples: Questionable play calling and struggles in certain areas of recruiting )  can also lead to people making absurd statements without thinking things through and/or having no concept of what they are even talking about. pay no attention to lots of what you read and concentrate on the posts worth reading.

I'm glad you are here.   and worm :)

15 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

That's a very cool story. As interested in Shaun as I've been, I hadn't heard that before.

And great point about him and Joey G committing early. And not only did they not waver, but they were huge recruiters for us after they committed. It's guys like them who made that class and make Auburn different. 

I spoke poorly in my previous post. Shaun is absolutely elite. Let's hope we get another one like him in this class. 

17 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

That's a very cool story. As interested in Shaun as I've been, I hadn't heard that before.

And great point about him and Joey G committing early. And not only did they not waver, but they were huge recruiters for us after they committed. It's guys like them who made that class and make Auburn different. 

I spoke poorly in my previous post. Shaun is absolutely elite. Let's hope we get another one like him in this class. 

You absolutely did not speak poorly at all.... I was just piggy backing in my free time lol....I am grateful that I have you in my corner.... Always know that #WarEagle

17 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

I think the biggest problem is that a lot of people on here star gaze from the recruiting sites and don't understand that the coaches have their own rankings. I choose to trust the coaches instincts and from the sound of it (not to mention watching his highlights) Worm was at the top of the list for rbs. I for one can't wait to see him take his first handoff for AU. 

P.S. Please keep the doubters in check with posts like this. ? War Eagle @Momma Worm

@Momma Worm, I'm glad you are posting here.  We've had some recruit/player parents participate on the message boards periodically over the years.  Doesn't always go great once the games start getting played.  All sports debates/discussions (particularly male dominated) can become contentious routinely ... when its done via keyboard, its even worse.  You obviously are a strong person and I hope you'll stick around here.  Love your point of view.  I hope your son has a successful career (on and off the field) and your family loves being a part of the Auburn Family.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

@Momma Worm, I'm glad you are posting here.  We've had some recruit/player parents participate on the message boards periodically over the years.  Doesn't always go great once the games start getting played.  All sports debates/discussions (particularly male dominated) can become contentious routinely ... when its done via keyboard, its even worse.  You obviously are a strong person and I hope you'll stick around here.  Love your point of view.  I hope your son has a successful career (on and off the field) and your family loves being a part of the Auburn Family.

Thanks so much! Trust me I'll be around... I may not respond but I don't scare very easy. Trust me, I already know that people can be extreme critics at times. Ive been on this site since my son committed so its been almost 2yrs. I see the hurtful/ rude comments people say about my son. But I am aware that people think they are perfect and don't make mistakes..... Its the world we live in.... Ive learned that people are most definitely entitled to their opinions. I keep a spot available for that. People's opinions don't  make or break me.... they are just what they are opinions. I am tougher than some men, on & off the surface. I just ignore a lot of things. Laughter keeps me looking younger!   

Opinions are like bellybuttons, everybody has one!

37 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Thanks so much! Trust me I'll be around... I may not respond but I don't scare very easy. Trust me, I already know that people can be extreme critics at times. Ive been on this site since my son committed so its been almost 2yrs. I see the hurtful/ rude comments people say about my son. But I am aware that people think they are perfect and don't make mistakes..... Its the world we live in.... Ive learned that people are most definitely entitled to their opinions. I keep a spot available for that. People's opinions don't  make or break me.... they are just what they are opinions. I am tougher than some men, on & off the surface. I just ignore a lot of things. Laughter keeps me looking younger!   

I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with this here. Given his height and stature I can understand some fans being skeptical of his ability to excel in college football. However, as you pointed out Gus and company took his commitment very early which shows the staff was extremely high on him. It only takes about a minutes worth of research into his film in some of his pics to realize your son is not a  skinny 5 foot seven that can’t handle the work.  He’s a thick youngster who has a lot of muscle to protect his bones and joints. I’m not saying he will be a warrior between the tackles but it wouldn’t be surprised if he did at some point to go along with his excellent open skill set.

I'm very excited to have Worm. Can't wait to see him with the ball in the open field with defenders trying to get a hand on him. Guys and girls: It's coming!!

5 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Smart lady and totally agree as old as I am I'm a believer in laughter. 

On 8/14/2018 at 10:08 AM, Momma Worm said:

You absolutely did not speak poorly at all.... I was just piggy backing in my free time lol....I am grateful that I have you in my corner.... Always know that #WarEagle

I’ll just be over here in this corner, if that’s all right with y’all. 

I’m not sure who we get at this point. I know we’re loaded right now but it just doesn’t feel right not having a RB committed yet and I don’t know that we lead for any right now.

Noah Cain is my preference but I thinks Derian Brown wouldn’t be a terrible target if we focused on him.

46 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’m not sure who we get at this point. I know we’re loaded right now but it just doesn’t feel right not having a RB committed yet and I don’t know that we lead for any right now.

Noah Cain is my preference but I thinks Derian Brown wouldn’t be a terrible target if we focused on him.

would or wouldn't?

34 minutes ago, fredst said:

Believe this means he’d be fine if we went after and signed DB

I figure that but his wording says the opposite so I'm just making sure. Regardless AU hasn't recruited him much at all lately.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

I figure that but his wording says the opposite so I'm just making sure. Regardless AU hasn't recruited him much at all lately.

Yeah, I was saying that he would be a solid Running Back prospect but that we would have to start recruiting him harder than we have. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

I'm sure the staff has a plan for the position. Any JuCo kids they might consider?

Archived