2018 Fall Camp - Scrimmage 1

RunInRed

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

576_auburn1stfallscrimmage4.jpeg

15 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Wait... Hold up... This implies that he caught the ball!  hahaha

This has been covered before. Body double.

56 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Wait! ...What?  We have a slant route?   ?‍♂️  Who knew?

Wait what ? That's impossible. I mean the next thing you're going to tell me is we ran a seam route to a TE.

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don’t forget about Matthew hill 

Only thing is he, Seth, Canella and I guess McClain are likely to fill the possession receiver role. That’s a battle that won’t be resolved immediately I feel. Now ofc I don’t actually know how they’ll end up lineup wise but I’m just giving loose titles

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don’t forget about Matthew hill 

Don’t leave my man $&$”(@/ out! I can’t even say crush! Too weird.

56 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Wait! ...What?  We have a slant route?   ?‍♂️  Who knew?

Decoy,  bait them with the slant route and run the dive. In all seriousness it sounded like a really good scrimmage as others have said. It's going to be so great having a QB that is comfortable in the offense and also that the coaches and team are confident in him. Can't wait. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Only thing is he, Seth, Canella and I guess McClain are likely to fill the possession receiver role. That’s a battle that won’t be resolved immediately I feel. Now ofc I don’t actually know how they’ll end up lineup wise but I’m just giving loose titles

Don't see Hill filling the same roles as Williams, Cannella, and McClain. I see him more in the mold of Ryan Davis, Eli Stove, Will Hastings. Quick pass guy trying to get him in space and use his athleticism and quickness to make guys miss. Those other three guys are big-bodied dudes. 

Very encouraging to see all the positive comments about the wideouts. With Eli and Will recovering ( rather well actually)  we needed them to step up and they're not acting like freshmen. The competition will be huge from them making the vets pick it up and amongst themselves so the best players will be on the field no doubt. The WR's and Defense are groups I'm not too worried about and that is a far cry from year's past for sure.

40 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Decoy,  bait them with the slant route and run the dive. In all seriousness it sounded like a really good scrimmage as others have said. It's going to be so great having a QB that is comfortable in the offense and also that the coaches and team are confident in him. Can't wait. 

It very well could've been a RPO off the dive.

giphy.gif

JFYI, The above is run against cv1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

The perfect play:

The ball is hiked, Marlon Davidson comes around the corner and sacks Stidham as he throws the ball.  Using his speed Slayton comes back to the ball for a completion.  Three steps later Javaris Davis strips the ball for a turnover.  Freshmen Shivers runs down Javaris and takes the ball back.  The offensive line makes good down-field blocks for a touch down.

I think I covered it all...

almost

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

giphy.gif

Looks to me like the LOLB got sucked in. If he stays put, it’s an int. 

5 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Looks to me like the LOLB got sucked in. If he stays put, it’s an int. 

If he stays put it's a hand off

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Very encouraging to see all the positive comments about the wideouts. With Eli and Will recovering ( rather well actually)  we needed them to step up and they're not acting like freshmen. The competition will be huge from them making the vets pick it up and amongst themselves so the best players will be on the field no doubt. The WR's and Defense are groups I'm not too worried about and that is a far cry from year's past for sure.

If I'd snoozed* on my Crush claim on Mr. Stove, I'd have been happy to "bet the field" on WRs w./ Coach Burns. Just a feeling that whole group will be cookin'.

*ETA - Snost?

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If he stays put it's a hand off

So that’s the read and not the DT? Cool. 

Oh the DT isn’t unblocked. Makes sense then. 

"Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham said there's been a bigger difference in fall camp with the passing game trying to spread the ball around more, especially to players such as Nate Craig-Myers." 

This part excites me

"Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham walks into the auditorium.@bmarcello: "It's amazing that you're walking after you broke your back."

Can anyone give me insight into what this means? 

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

All back-ups?! To quote Boobie, Ya Gotta love it!!!

Meyers has been working with the 1st team defense last I saw reported. 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Are two words I would never use together unless he has somehow learned to catch the ball... something he never could do last season in games... 

5 hours ago, RunInRed said:

What we threw a slant!! If Stidham checked into that play my head will explode with happiness!!?

11 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Can anyone give me insight into what this means? 

There were rumors floating around a few days ago that Stidham had injured his back lifting weights this summer. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

giphy.gif

We ran something very similar against UGA for our only score in the SEC championship. Would like to see more of it. 

1:53 for the play.

16 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

We ran something very similar against UGA for our only score in the SEC championship. Would like to see more of it. 

1:53 for the play.

I just rewatched that... I feel sick man. That Stidham fumble was huge. We had UGA on their heels. We score a TD there and I think Auburn cleans house again.. the blocked FG was out last shot and then we deflated. Oh well. I bet UGA fans were saying the same thing after we blasted them.

Archived