2018 Season Simulation

aubiefifty

who ever did the games must not like auburn much but check out the graphics and the auburn players. the game looks like a must have...

• WarTiger changed the title to 2018 Season Simulation
3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I think that’s run from the 2014 NCAA game just imported with current players

winner winner chicken dinner

Yea, they used to do this every year.  Just updated rosters to NCAAF 2014 with seemingly accurate player stats for our current players.  Man, I get it, but I truly hate that the lawsuit forced them to stop making these games.  NCAAF was my favorite series of all video games.

1 minute ago, MCPeePants said:

Yea, they used to do this every year.  Just updated rosters to NCAAF 2014 with seemingly accurate player stats for our current players.  Man, I get it, but I truly hate that the lawsuit forced them to stop making these games.  NCAAF was my favorite series of all video games.

i thought they were going to start doing the ncaa games again? shrugs  my memory is not as good as it used to be.

Just now, MCPeePants said:

Mine too. I still play it. I update the rosters from Operation Sports. This season the stats for Auburn players were a little low I had to change some. In my opinion, there is no way KMart  should be in the 80s in his speed. And Schwartz and Shivers were on the slow side. I bumped their speed up a bit and went to town. 

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i thought they were going to start doing the ncaa games again? shrugs  my memory is not as good as it used to be.

There have been rumors that a new game would come out for years. But none has. And even if it does, it won't be ncaa football. The schools won't be real. The teams won't be real. Players won't be real, awards won't be real. It won't resemble the NCAA Football series. 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

There have been rumors that a new game would come out for years. But none has. And even if it does, it won't be ncaa football. The schools won't be real. The teams won't be real. Players won't be real, awards won't be real. It won't resemble the NCAA Football series. 

well that is disappointing

There's an independent company claiming they're still doing one; it went through kickstarter and made a bunch of money.  To my knowledge, however, they still don't even have a Developer on board, and it's all hot-air at this point.  The website pastapadre.com covers it sometimes (that's a great website for sports gaming news, btw).

I think the name of the "new game" is Gridiron something.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

well that is disappointing

It is, but being able to keep NCAA 14 alive so long takes up the disappointment. Those guys at operation sports ain't no joke either. They have figured out how to even add a 4, 8, or 16 team playoff to NCAA 14. That game is still alive and well. Just the recruiting part sucks on it. They changed it up in 14 and it had some bugs they were going to work out in NCAA 15, but they never got that far

2 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

There's an independent company claiming they're still doing one; it went through kickstarter and made a bunch of money.  To my knowledge, however, they still don't even have a Developer on board, and it's all hot-air at this point.  The website pastapadre.com covers it sometimes (that's a great website for sports gaming news, btw).

I think the name of the "new game" is Gridiron something.

Gridiron Champions

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/4/23/17270476/college-football-video-games-gridiron-champions-imackulate-vision-gaming

But like I said, the only similarities between this game and NCAA football is that this new one says it's a college football game. That's where the similarities end. 

1 hour ago, jAUSon said:

Never seen these simulation videos before. In years past have they had any accuracy?

Not really. There is a guy who sims most teams and happens to be an Auburn fan. SG1 Sports. Not sure if that is who did this Sim. I haven't watched it. 

Edit* this is SG1

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Bama fans will buy that. They already celebrate championships that aren't real. 

Glad you posted this. I was just about to post in another thread that I needed to find roster updates for NCAA on my Xbox so I can learn all the new players' names and numbers before the season starts. Im' going to look into SportsCreators. Are their rosters free?

Haven't watched the video past the first few seconds to get that info. Sounds like I may not need to, judging by some reactions here!

for those interested these simulation video's are all over youtube if you care to watch any other teams. not real sur about teams outside the sec tho........

37 minutes ago, AUwent said:

At least we beat Georgia?

Did we beat Alabama State? Went from a loss to Washington to a game 3 loss to LSU. I gave up on the season at that point.

My NCAA game's so old Cam is AU's QB.

He was actually very decidedly average on that game so no....these simulations aren't very accurate.

I used to do this every year when the games came out.  Fun fact is in 2010 it simulated the BCSNC on my first run.  That being said this simulation is hot garbage.  If Auburn gives up 41 to anyone I’d be shocked.  It’s not 2014 anymore.  Also if Auburn struggles with Arkansas or even LSU Gus may have to give back some of that money.  

UW will be lucky to score 17 points on our defense. On the other hand, UW will be lucky to keep us from scoring more than 31 points

56 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

UW will be lucky to score 17 points on our defense. On the other hand, UW will be lucky to keep us from scoring more than 31 points

I hope you're right.  I think we have a good, well-rounded team.

Archived