2018 Depth Chart, Let's Talk

ValleyTiger

Open discussion about the depth chart. I'll give you mine as it stands, and let's talk.

QB
Jarrett
Malik

RB
KMart
Whitlow
Asa

HB
Cox

TE
Jalen

WR
Slayton
McClain/Jackson

WR (Slot)
Ryan
Hill/Barrett
(Eli & Will)

WR
Craig-Myers
Cannella/Seth Williams

LT
Tega
Troxell/Driscoll

LG
Harrell
Hamm

C
Horton/Kim

RG
Horton/Ashley

RT
Driscoll
Troxell

---------------------------

BUCK
TD
Big Kat

DT
Don Russell
Truesdell

DT
Brown
A. Williams

DE
Marlon (aka Narlob)
Coe

MLB
D. Davis
KJ Britt

SLB
D. Williams
McBryde

WLB
Atkinson
Wooten

CB
Dean
Tutt

Nickel
J. Davis
Peters

SS
Thomas
Monday

FS
Dinson
Sherwood

CB
Noah
Leonard

K
Carlson

P
Siposs

Is Nick Brahms not expected to come back for fall camp at all? I had a feeling he was going to win the center job. 

Also, I think Myers is in the 2 deep in the secondary.

I hope we go deep into our DT depth chart this year because we are going to need some experience next year with possibly losing our top 3 DTs after this year. 

I think Brahms is expected back next week! Lindsay said they wanted to give him a shot because he was improving before his injury.

The only thing I’d change is RB. I’d put Asa ahead of Whitlow right now. Everything else looks pretty good. DE and Buck are going to be so mixed and matched depending on situation that creating a true depth chart there is kinda difficult. 

Horton must be truly super-human as he's starting at both Center AND Guard. Shoulda picked him as my Man-crush... ?

HAHAHA!

I was scratching my head for a minute wondering "who the heck is Don Russell?"

HAHA!

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Horton must be truly super-human as he's starting at both Center AND Guard. Shoulda picked him as my Man-crush... ?

Or would it be Men-crush? :dunno: 

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Coe #1 at Buck for now.  

Hill is probably 2 behind Slayton 

Barrett/Canella 2 behind R. Davis

A. Marshall is probably #1 at punter right now 

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Peters could be running 1 at NB and J. Davis 1 at Iggy’s spot

Are you hearing that about Coe? I know Steele mentioned him at Buck in the presser, but Deshaun's comments kinda tell me Coe is more at DE.

Yeah the WRs are going to do a lot of mixing and matching. I didn't list the actual positions (2, small 3, big 3, 5, and 9) for this reason.

Again, probably right about the DBs atm since Iggy is injured, but IMO will be at our best with JD at Nickel.

13 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

;) Horton's going to start, better? I'm hopeful Kim will step up and be serviceable at center. Like @JMR mentioned in the last podcast, Gus's system doesn't ask much of it's Center, but it'd be great if we had a true mountain mover there.

12 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Mark my word, McClain will be our de facto 1st string TE by Oct. 

That would be great

40 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Smoke Is a name I have not heard since Spring.  Is he just not as productive so far this fall?

Smoke is doing fine.  He’s probably in the 2 deep rotation but is a true freshman playing for one of the top 10 teams in the country.  Learning Curve

22 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Smoke is doing fine.  He’s probably in the 2 deep rotation but is a true freshman playing for one of the top 10 teams in the country.  Learning Curve

Good deal.  I  was worried something had happened to him that I missed after all the buzz in the spring.

55 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

^^^ Damn Bruh, Crap-ea reads AUF. :crossedarms:

One thing he hasn't been near as "dramatic" this year I guess since Gus signed a new deal kind of showed his nonsense bs isn't wanted.  It's ok  to search for the truth but don't try to stir up what isn't there.  That's my point

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah, not a fan either, but at least it was a full listing for anyone interested...

Eh, it's pointless to list everyone on the roster. But then again, I beat him to the 2 deep. Mwahahahaha

7 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Open discussion about the depth chart. I'll give you mine as it stands, and let's talk.

QB
Jarrett
Malik

RB
KMart
Whitlow
Asa

HB
Cox

TE
Jalen

WR
Slayton
McClain/Jackson

WR (Slot)
Ryan
Hill/Barrett
(Eli & Will)

WR
Craig-Myers
Cannella/Seth Williams

LT
Tega
Troxell/Driscoll

LG
Harrell
Hamm

C
Horton/Kim

RG
Horton/Ashley

RT
Driscoll
Troxell

---------------------------

BUCK
TD
Big Kat

DT
Don Russell
Truesdell

DT
Brown
A. Williams

DE
Narlob
Coe

MLB
D. Davis
KJ Britt

SLB
D. Williams
McBryde

WLB
Atkinson
Wooten

CB
Dean
Tutt

Nickel
J. Davis
Peters

SS
Thomas
Monday

FS
Dinson
Sherwood

CB
Noah
Leonard

K
Carlson

P
Siposs

Is Marlin Davidson now going by Narlob???

4 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Is Marlin Davidson now going by Narlob???

Haha, yeah sorry. Common nickname he garnered.

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Mark my word, McClain will be our de facto 1st string TE by Oct. 

I wouldn't be opposed. TE has been a unicorn in Auburn for quite a few years now, I don't expect 2018 to be much different. 

Question.... If Malik Willis appears in 4 games or less this season, would he qualify for a redshirt or is that only for 1st year players? 

Could be kind of cool to give him an extra year to develop and be a RS-Soph next season. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Question.... If Malik Willis appears in 4 games or less this season, would he qualify for a redshirt or is that only for 1st year players? 

Could be kind of cool to give him an extra year to develop and be a RS-Soph next season. 

Any player that hasn't used a redshirt is available to be redshirted if they appear in 4 games or less.  

I hope we have some second half leads in more then 4 games to get him some experience.  

Archived