2020 3* DT Damarjhe Lewis

RunInRed

More to come ...

DkaUNe6UUAAJ-la.jpg

• Picked up AU offer July 28, 2018 (AU BBQ)

"I love the culture here and love how they treat me," Lewis said after his most recent visit.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/08/auburn_lands_commitment_from_2.html#incart_river_index

• Also attended 2017 Iron Bowl
  • Not yet rated by 247Sports, Rivals 3*
  • Other major offer is Syracuse

DkaUNe5UcAAvLGT.jpg

DkaUNe5UcAE_JtZ.jpg

2020 Commit List

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His profile says he is 6'3, but Gus is 6'4" and he is easily 2-3 inches taller. Yes, he is in cleats, but that is only an inch...and a 4.87 40

He fires off the ball really well. He has a sudden and violent burst out of his stance, but needs to develop better eye discipline.

Boom ? booming 

Have we ever had this many commits, this early (18-20 months out)?   And lots of quality.

Love this guy - very lean frame, could turn into a star DT with the right groceries and coaChing.

Welcome Mr Lewis to the AU family. We seem to pull someone out of Griffin HS every few years. They have a long history of putting together excellent defenses.

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

#GoWarEagles

At least he chose us over the University of Auburn. 

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

His profile says he is 6'3, but Gus is 6'4" and he is easily 2-3 inches taller. Yes, he is in cleats, but that is only an inch...and a 4.87 40

He fires off the ball really well. He has a sudden and violent burst out of his stance, but needs to develop better eye discipline.

I have often wondered how tall CGM is but now I know!

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Agree; any chance he grew a few inches? No way he’s only 6’3”.

Guys, you’re all ignoring that size + his 40 time a 4.8 at that size! ?

Man, can you imagine what winning a national title this year would do for us...Auburn has so much to offer kids these days.  It always has, but, when you have the monster up the road in T-town, running what most of us perceive as an NFL football factory, kids these days like hard coaching, but they want to know they are loved.  Truly loved.  Auburn has always made people feel that way.  We are doing it the Auburn way.  I believe that way is becoming much more appealing than what's up in turdville.   

Does anyone know if we have a serious chance to sign any d tackle prospects in this class? Seems like we are getting guys at pretty much every other position, but haven't seen much on dt recruiting. Maybe this is by design and we are looking for more guys next year. 

47 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Does anyone know if we have a serious chance to sign any d tackle prospects in this class? Seems like we are getting guys at pretty much every other position, but haven't seen much on dt recruiting. Maybe this is by design and we are looking for more guys next year. 

LeDarrious Cox is our floor.

Edit: And, of course, both Handy and Gordon very well might play inside. Tackle and strong side end are becoming almost completely interchangeable for us.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, Tigerfinz said:

Man, can you imagine what winning a national title this year would do for us...Auburn has so much to offer kids these days.  It always has, but, when you have the monster up the road in T-town, running what most of us perceive as an NFL football factory, kids these days like hard coaching, but they want to know they are loved.  Truly loved.  Auburn has always made people feel that way.  We are doing it the Auburn way.  I believe that way is becoming much more appealing than what's up in turdville.   

Machine vs. Family ;)

On 8/17/2018 at 8:46 PM, McLoofus said:

LeDarrious Cox is our floor.

Edit: And, of course, both Handy and Gordon very well might play inside. Tackle and strong side end are becoming almost completely interchangeable for us.

This. FWIW we are recruiting all 3 as DTs.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:30 AM, RunInRed said:

40 Yard Dash: 4.87 | Bench: 280 | 185 Bench (Reps): 42 | Squat(LBS): 610 | Deadlift(LBS): 405

Man oh man measurables can be fun to look at. With his height and weight (6'2" 270lbs) this boy is booking it with a 4.87 40 yard dash; that's barely slower than a much lighter Aaron Rodgers.

Now for the other part. This kid has so much room to grow as a DT; which is encouraging. His bench is abysmal for his size, his squat and deadlift are decent. College weights and nutrition will have this kid looking like an absolute monster. I'd bet he ends as at least a 4* before the cycle is done.

Archived