2020 3* DT Damarjhe Lewis

RunInRed

41 minutes ago, Zeek said:

His bench is abysmal for his size

Huh? The dude can throw up 185 42 times.

Maybe you're looking at the 280? That's not his 1-rep max. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Huh? The dude can throw up 185 42 times.

That’s where I’m mistaken then. The way it was worded I thought that was his 1 rep lol

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

That’s where I’m mistaken then. The way it was worded I thought that was his 1 rep lol

Y'all still haven't cleared up what you're trying to say? Are y'all saying 280 is not his 1 rep max? That's how it reads to me. & Zeek are you saying 280 1 rep max is abysmal?

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Y'all still haven't cleared up what you're trying to say? Are y'all saying 280 is not his 1 rep max? That's how it reads to me. & Zeek are you saying 280 1 rep max is abysmal?

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

I could be wrong. The wording is weird. But it looks to me like he can rep 185 42 times and if that's the case then I can't imagine his 1 rep max is anywhere south of 325. There's a calculator that translates 20 reps of 185 to ba 1 rep max of 299. Maybe @TAYLORKEETON could clear it up for us? IIRC he's an expert, or at least enthusiast. I do know that 1 rep max for bench press is a less and less popular metric.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I guess we’re both unsure lol

but yes, weighing 270 and benching 280 is not very impressive. My senior year of high school I was benching 305 at my highest point weighing 155 (granted we had block schedule and I had a weightlifting class every year). 

I agree with @McLoofus it would be odd if that’s his one rep considering he can do 185 a total of 40+ times.

Someone his size on my wrestling team right now typically averages a bench of 325 or more.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter it just stood out to me when looking at the rest of his measurable being so solid.

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I guess we’re both unsure lol

but yes, weighing 270 and benching 280 is not very impressive. My senior year of high school I was benching 305 at my highest point weighing 155 (granted we had block schedule and I had a weightlifting class every year). 

I agree with @McLoofus it would be odd if that’s his one rep considering he can do 185 a total of 40+ times.

Someone his size on my wrestling team right now typically averages a bench of 325 or more.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter it just stood out to me when looking at the rest of his measurable being so solid.

305? Remind me to never challenge you to an arm wrestling match. Or pretty much any other physical challenge.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I’d bet my house on it that either his listed max or listed reps are inaccurate, if not a simple typo. From my experience, if he can do 185 five times, he may be able to do a one rep max of 225. Somewhere around 15 reps of 185 would probably put his max around 285. Doing 42 reps of 185 means his endurance and strength is freakishly high for his age. 

I’d go as far as to say that it’s impossible that his max is that low if the other numbers are correct. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Doing 42 reps of 185 means his endurance and strength is freakishly high for his age. 

If the 185 42 times is right is it possible his 1 rep max is 380 & may have just been a typo from whatever site posted 280?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

If the 185 42 times is right is it possible his 1 rep max is 380 & may have just been a typo from whatever site posted 280?

It’s possible. I got up to 315 couple years ago before I dialed it back. Even if I tried, I know for sure I would’ve hit complete muscle failure before I hit 42 reps on 185. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I’d bet my house on it that either his listed max or listed reps are inaccurate, if not a simple typo. From my experience, if he can do 185 five times, he may be able to do a one rep max of 225. Somewhere around 15 reps of 185 would probably put his max around 285. Doing 42 reps of 185 means his endurance and strength is freakishly high for his age. 

I’d go as far as to say that it’s impossible that his max is that low if the other numbers are correct. 

He could be really into crossfit 

crossfit.gif

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He could be really into crossfit 

crossfit.gif

CrossFit is no joke. It will kick your booty if you’re in the right class. Traditional weightlifting should supplement the training though. 

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

CrossFit is no joke. It will kick your booty if you’re in the right class. Traditional weightlifting should supplement the training though. 

CrossFit, all jokes aside, is perfect for wrestlers if, as you said, it's supplemented with traditional strength building.

It's a perfect way to be "strong" while losing weight.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

CrossFit, all jokes aside, is perfect for wrestlers if, as you said, it's supplemented with traditional strength building.

It's a perfect way to be "strong" while losing weight.

Agree. Wish the CrossFit concept had been a “thing” way back in my wrestling days. Probably would have cut my time by 1/3 doing separate strength and cardio-.

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

Agree. Wish the CrossFit concept had been a “thing” way back in my wrestling days. Probably would have cut my time by 1/3 doing separate strength and cardio-.

Same here, luckily it blew up while I was in college wrestling. Our high school coach essentially had us doing crossfit workout without the equipment though...he was so close!

Edit: glad to see that our boy Lewis was making life difficult for his opponents in his first game of the season!

well i think its safe to say that he is taller than 6'2''. since he is 2020, means he just became a junior. so regardless of what his bench is now, would make sense if its a little low if he just completed his height. remember he's got 2 years to improve on that new frame. the bench reps will come and plenty of time for that. unless of course he grows to 7 feet or something...

WDE

48 minutes ago, beaumak said:

well i think its safe to say that he is taller than 6'2''. since he is 2020, means he just became a junior. so regardless of what his bench is now, would make sense if its a little low if he just completed his height. remember he's got 2 years to improve on that new frame. the bench reps will come and plenty of time for that. unless of course he grows to 7 feet or something...

WDE

Am I the only 1 who doesn't understand the 1st half of this post?

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

i guess what i was trying to convey was that some people were saying his bench was low for his size and it made sense to me with his young age coupled with the fact that he is still growing. as the OP noted his profile of 6'2" but people were observing his perceived height as much taller with the picture of gus. therefore, i was making conclusions that he is still growing in height, which most likely includes arm lengths as well. which in turn makes it harder to build pectoral strength the longer your arms are (at least for bench press) So until his frame becomes the final size that it will be, then the exponential muscle building will follow as we experience with young adults of this age group. That fact, coupled with 2 more years until college football bodes well for his potential beast mode once he arrives to AU. that's all i was trying to say.

Image result for wait till i get going princess bride

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Why does it all really matter.  He is only starting his JR season and by this time next year,. Where did you say you were going?  (All types in yellow)

On 8/24/2018 at 5:41 PM, The Plainsman said:

Why does it all really matter.  He is only starting his JR season and by this time next year,.

Just wanted to understand the guys post which he later clarified.

On 8/24/2018 at 5:41 PM, The Plainsman said:

Where did you say you were going?

Didn't. Just said I wouldn't be around much which I haven't.

• 8 months later...

The kid committed.  Do you want the coaches to continue to "love" you every day or fill out the rest of the class and get you some good teammates?  This kind of thing just frustrates me.

Archived