TIGER WINS TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP!

AUBwins

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/2018-pga-championship-leaderboard-scores-brooks-koepka-beasts-his-way-to-second-major-of-season/

Tiger hit a 64 today, following 2 rounds of 66, which is his best final 54 hole stretch in his career by 4 strokes. Finished 2 behind the leader. 

He just ran into a buzz saw in Koepka with a career performance. 

He did everything he could do to win it. Koepka just didn’t cooperate. If tiger can get his driver or really anything off the tee straightened out he could catch fire. He exceeded what I thought he was capable of after a spinal fusion. I still don’t think that back will hold up into his 50s. His power and torque are his own worst enemies. 

I really can’t explain why it is I am more interested with him playing. There is so much talent on tour now and good people too. 

I guess it was because Tiger just made impossible shots so consistently when he was in his prime that we always watch in hope it will happen again.  

• 1 month later...

Tiger trying to close out the tour championship. Up 3 through 15 on final round.  The closest is -9 and complete for the day.  Par out 3 holes and should win. 

I was afraid for Rory and Tiger walking up the 18th fairway.  The gallery went through the ropes and a huge crowd was running up the fairway toward the golfers.  There were nowhere near enough marshalls and security to handle the crowd.  They did eventually get them stopped on the edge of the green.  It was a scary situation for a minute.  

Congrats to Tiger.  I'm not a Tiger fan but you have to respect his work ethic to get himself back in this position. 

I am a Tiger fan and was glued to the screen. Unbelievable comeback! Great for the game. 

Also, congrats to Justin Rose winning the FedEx Championship. Just an awesome day all around. 

Bring on the Ryder Cup. Should be interesting.

Archived