2018 Fall Camp - 8/13/18

RunInRed

Auburn returned to the field on Monday for its ninth practice of fall camp, and with it came the return of reserve wide receiver Marquis McClain, who was last seen in an orange non-contact jersey last week.

-- Along with McBryde, receivers Will Hastings (ACL) and Eli Stove (ACL), safety Jeremiah Dinson (shoulder), offensive linemen Brodarious Hamm (knee) and Nick Brahms (leg) and defensive lineman Daquan Newkirk (Achilles) were all in orange non-contact jerseys.

-- Cornerback Noah Igbinoghene was also in an orange non-contact jersey, but had pads on and is expected to be close to full-go in practices after being limited with an undisclosed injury last week.

-- Running backs coach Tim Horton again worked with the backs on a short-passing drill at the start of practice. The order was slightly altered this time, with Kam Martin first, followed by JaTarvious Whitlow, Malik Miller, Asa Martin, Shaun Shivers and C.J. Tolbert. Miller moved up in the order from last time out, when he was fifth; H-back Chandler Cox did not participate in the drill today.

-- Auburn added a new walk-on quarterback to the team, Jake Norwood, a pro-style quarterback from Aledo, Texas. Norwood will wear No. 4.

-- During 7-on-7 drills, Auburn fielded a first-team defense that featured Markaviest "Big Kat" Bryant at Buck, Marlon Davidson and Derrick Brown on the interior of the line, with Dontavius Russell on the end. Montavious Atkinson and Deshaun Davis were at linebacker, with Quindarious "Smoke" Monday as the lone defensive back. Nick Coe rotated in with Bryant, while Andrew Williams rotated in with Derrick Brown, and Darrell Williams rotated in with Atkinson.

-- The first-team offense during 7-on-7 drills saw Whitlow get reps at running back and taking handoffs from Jarrett Stidham.

-- The offensive line during 7-on-7, from left to right, had Wanogho at LT, Harrell at LG, Kim at C, Horton at RG and Driscoll at RT. The second-team line had Sharp at LT, Manning at LG, Tucker Brown at C, Ashley at RG and Troxell at RT.

Auburn reserve linebacker Richard McBryde (51) was in an orange non-contact jersey and no pads during practice on Monday. (James Crepea/jcrepea@al.com)
Auburn reserve linebacker Richard McBryde (51) was in an orange non-contact jersey and no pads during practice on Monday. (James Crepea/jcrepea@al.com)

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/08/auburn_practice_report_day_10.html

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if Driscoll playing with 2nd team last week and 1st this week was an acclimation process and now he’s taking over at RT?

Not camp related but just read where ex Auburn WR Myron Burton Jr. got arrested for robbing a chinese restaurant in Duluth, GA. Wasn't sure if i could post the article but just shocked to see that he'd do something like that. Just sad. 

https://campussports.net/2018/08/13/myron-burton-jr-arrest-ex-auburn-wr-accused-of-robbing-chinese-restaurant-at-gunpoint/ 

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Uh oh ... the CoxCat is back ...

Chandler Cox taking snaps?!?!

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Chandler Cox taking snaps?!?!

giphy.gif

I mentioned a bit ago Cox being the wildcat.  I still stand by that and I don't think it's a bad idea.  Our wildcat has been nothing like the old wildcat with throwing involved.  It has just been an unbalanced line with a power run game with and option for a give on the speed sweep

5 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

The 1st team OL order today will be the one we start vs UW. 

1st-team OL (L to R): Wanogho, Harrell, Kim, Horton, Driscoll

Is that due to CA being out or Kim stepping up?

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree.  And it’s because Horton hasn’t been better then Kim at center and Horton is better at guard so far.  

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:
33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree.  And it’s because Horton hasn’t been better then Kim at center and Horton is better at guard so far.  

Taking it as good news.

Been wanting Kim to step up and free up the other talents!

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

I mentioned a bit ago Cox being the wildcat.  I still stand by that and I don't think it's a bad idea.  Our wildcat has been nothing like the old wildcat with throwing involved.  It has just been an unbalanced line with a power run game with and option for a give on the speed sweep

Totally agree.  He'd probably be a solid short yardage WC option.  ...I just had a 2016 flashback...but I'm better now.

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Driscoll is interesting.  And what a journey it has been for Tega.

Archived