2018 Fall Camp - 8/13/18

RunInRed

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

1st-team OL (L to R): Wanogho, Harrell, Kim, Horton, Driscoll

Is that due to CA being out or Kim stepping up?

Probably a little bit of both. How do I say this diplomatically...Grimes values toughness and likes grinders/meanness. 

Just my prediction from the "whispers."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Probably a little bit of both. How do I say this diplomatically...Grimes values toughness and likes grinders/meanness. 

That's always been the knock against CA.

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Horton inconsistent snapping the ball.  Which is/was to be expected.  Kim is more consistent.  Horton is more experienced at guard then Ashley and Driscoll has more game experience then Troxall.  

When will it be "officially" announced I don't know but I expect in the next few days.  

17 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Are you pleased with the progress from Spring to the Fall?  Or not much progress?

22 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Horton inconsistent snapping the ball.  Which is/was to be expected.  Kim is more consistent.  Horton is more experienced at guard then Ashley and Driscoll has more game experience then Troxall.  

When will it be "officially" announced I don't know but I expect in the next few days.  

2pm Sept 1st 

The more I read on the situation, I believe the coaches are fine with KK at center. But with Brahms being unable to go, have to get Horton ready as a backup. If that happens, CA becomes the right guard. The question I have is if BS is the true backup at left tackle, or does musical chairs happen if Tega gets injured? Hopefully, we will have a season of good health. 

Honestly, this is one of the more talented teams we have ever had at Auburn. The only problem is some key components aren't battle tested. So much potential.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly, this is one of the more talented teams we have ever had at Auburn. The only problem is some key components aren't battle tested. So much potential.

Agree.  And the SCHEDULE!!!  Brutal

37 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Are you pleased with the progress from Spring to the Fall?  Or not much progress?

I'm not God's gift to football--i do other stuff--from what I've heard/seen, the Dline is incredible, we will win several games on defense alone. I'm not worried about RB but I am concerned about WR. The O line I think will sort itself out, and I have super faith in Grimes (and almost none in Hand)

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I'm not God's gift to football--i do other stuff--from what I've heard/seen, the Dline is incredible, we will win several games on defense alone. I'm not worried about RB but I am concerned about WR. The O line I think will sort itself out, and I have super faith in Grimes (and almost none in Hand)

PTB that's what I've been saying my worry is... the WRs.  Not saying we don't have talent but one injury and our WR corps really changes.  

Just now, corchjay said:

PTB that's what I've been saying my worry is... the WRs.  Not saying we don't have talent but one injury and our WR corps really changes.  

Completely agree. We have lots of talent, but let's face it, we are going to need some playmakers...and two of ours are out for the season. I especially hate losing Stove. We have to step up. I still love McClain, so hopefully we can get something special there. 

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's always been the knock against CA.

Then Grimes needs to bring the meanness out of CA. He will and he has the time since CA is just a RFr.

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

I mentioned a bit ago Cox being the wildcat.  I still stand by that and I don't think it's a bad idea.  Our wildcat has been nothing like the old wildcat with throwing involved.  It has just been an unbalanced line with a power run game with and option for a give on the speed sweep

I'd be "ok" with the wildcat if it's Boobie but i'm not interested in anymore Cox experiments in the wildcat. Let Cox do what he does best and block and toss him a pass or two on the wheel route. I really hope they give the young RBs some reps b/c knowing how Gus is regarding trust issues and riding just 1 RB, i'm afraid Gus may see Cox as our 2nd RB just b/c our other RBs are young. I understand that blocking schemes can take a little time for freshman RBs to pick up but i think we have some talented guys in Asa and Boobie and they need to start getting game reps in whenever they can...not Cox. It seems like each year, true freshmen are coming into college more and more prepared to contribute day one.

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

So happy to hear this. As many of us know, the OL is going to be a huge factor between us having the opportunity to be a playoff team or a 4 loss team. This is exactly why i was happy that Grimes was hired back. IMO he gets the most out of the talent he's been provided with. There's no messing around with him..get the starters and let's get to work. I'm confident in Grimes so the OL worries me a little less. 

9 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Thank you.  Actually when I typed my question it was in reference to the OL, however for some reason I did not specify that so it became the generalized question you saw.  But thank you, you still answered my question.

8 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Completely agree. We have lots of talent, but let's face it, we are going to need some playmakers...and two of ours are out for the season. I especially hate losing Stove. We have to step up. I still love McClain, so hopefully we can get something special there. 

With the WR's, I had heard good things about the true freshmen.  Was that just hype, or have you seen a lot of dropped balls or blown assignments?  I figured that was our strength with the caliber quarterback we have making catches easy.

How many quarterbacks is Gus going to have on this team? Lol. 

Stidham, Willis, Gatewood, Sandberg, Adams, Appleton, Norwood

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

How many quarterbacks is Gus going to have on this team? Lol. 

Stidham, Willis, Gatewood, Sandberg, Adams, Appleton, Norwood

He always wants exactly what you listed. Four on scholarship at all times and a few walkons to get beat up on the scout team as they prepare themselves for a career in coaching.

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He always wants exactly what you listed. Four on scholarship at all times and a few walkons to get beat up on the scout team as they prepare themselves for a career in coaching.

It's also good to have different types to simulate different types of QB's for game practice.

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Well I still think Josh Sullivan should get his shot!

Wait, nevermind. Wrong year.

Archived