Sign in to follow this  
RunInRed

2018 Fall Camp - 8/13/18

Recommended Posts

On 8/13/2018 at 4:16 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

It’s really less than 3 weeks? Eeek!!! That just sunk in 

So will my heart when the game starts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




On 8/13/2018 at 3:52 PM, RunInRed said:

Uh oh ... the CoxCat is back ...

 

I might as well save up for a new tv now smh....

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 8:59 PM, Win4AU said:

2pm Sept 1st 

2:29:59 Sept 1st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 4:34 PM, WarEagle1983 said:

Not camp related but just read where ex Auburn WR Myron Burton Jr. got arrested for robbing a chinese restaurant in Duluth, GA. Wasn't sure if i could post the article but just shocked to see that he'd do something like that. Just sad. 

https://campussports.net/2018/08/13/myron-burton-jr-arrest-ex-auburn-wr-accused-of-robbing-chinese-restaurant-at-gunpoint/ 

Seeing this today made me think of Marcus Vick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Gus is never forthcoming on issues like this. 

But I was also surprised about concern for the other WRs. I know that Stove and Hastings were serious contributors but I have a hard time believing that we can't trot out some reasonable facsimiles in their places. And with Slayton and Davis coming back, and NCM presumably getting at least a little better, and with the positive reviews on Canella, and as you said the TFs we have coming in... I mean, we're definitely losing some things, but it sure seems like we'll have more arrows in the quiver overall. 

TRUST :-\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 4:34 PM, WarEagle1983 said:

Not camp related but just read where ex Auburn WR Myron Burton Jr. got arrested for robbing a chinese restaurant in Duluth, GA. Wasn't sure if i could post the article but just shocked to see that he'd do something like that. Just sad. 

https://campussports.net/2018/08/13/myron-burton-jr-arrest-ex-auburn-wr-accused-of-robbing-chinese-restaurant-at-gunpoint/ 

I remember checking his actor page about 5 months ago. Guess that didn't pay well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oracle79 said:

TRUST :-\

Trust isn't given, it is earned. Maybe those young WR guys have earned some trust, maybe they have yet to do so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Trust isn't given, it is earned. Maybe those young WR guys have earned some trust, maybe they have yet to do so.

And sometimes even then it's still not given. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And sometimes even then it's still not given. 

How would you know this? If you're not at practice every day and having daily contact with a given player, there's no way to tell if trust has been earned or not. There is a staff of coaches that know this score but we fans are not in a position to know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mikey said:

How would you know this? If you're not at practice every day and having daily contact with a given player, there's no way to tell if trust has been earned or not. There is a staff of coaches that know this score but we fans are not in a position to know it.

And it is therefore equally impossible for you to know that Gus has deployed his trust appropriately. See how that works?

Your uninformed assumptions are just as invalid as those you rail against. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And it is therefore equally impossible for you to know that Gus has deployed his trust appropriately. See how that works?

Your uninformed assumptions are just as invalid as those you rail against. 

I didn't claim to know if trust was applied appropriately. I wrote this: " we fans are not in a position to know it." I made no assumptions.

You made assumptions when you wrote this: " And sometimes even then it's still not given. ". See how that works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I didn't claim to know if trust was applied appropriately. I wrote this: " we fans are not in a position to know it." I made no assumptions.

Actually, this is what you said:

On 8/15/2018 at 8:07 AM, Mikey said:

Trust isn't given, it is earned. Maybe those young WR guys have earned some trust, maybe they have yet to do so.

Please don't pretend that you're not putting this 100% on the players. 

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You made assumptions when you wrote this: " And sometimes even then it's still not given. ". See how that works?

Oh yeah, that. You somehow failed to recognize that I was speaking generally. As in, in the world, sometimes people don't dispatch their trust appropriately. Do you agree that people make mistakes and that Gus is a person?  Sometimes I wonder.

Of course, anyone watching our football team the last couple years with a modicum of objectivity already knows damned well that Gus has trust issues, but I fully realize who I'm talking to. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2018 at 4:55 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

Stid has some good runs.  He is capable.  That average is heavily skewed by 22 sacks (or whatever number it actually was)

We don't want Stidham taking any unnecessary hits either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this