Arryn Siposs in training

aubiefifty

6 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Those kicks were in the dry air of Australia.  Let's see how well he handles our humidity.  ?

I know it was sarcasm but isn’t Austrailia known for its brutal humidity too?

35 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Swear it said "Arryn Siposs is transferring" when I saw it first. Thank God.

That would have been almost as quick a stint as Corey Grant at UAt

53 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Yeah, just a joke based on our humidity jokes in the past.  But to answer your question, I'm going by memory here, but most of Australia is dry arid, to desert climate.  The southeastern part of the continent (where Sydney is) I believe is subtropical with very humid summers (which would be winter time for us).  I don't know where ProKick is located, but assuming it's in or near Sydney, you would be correct about the humidity.  Most other places in Australia would be much drier.

....and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

5 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Or Cyrus Kouandjio committed to AU, which was about 2.5 seconds. 

Sorry for the thread derail, but man would I like to know the real story with that. 

15 hours ago, jared52 said:

Sorry for the thread derail, but man would I like to know the real story with that

I spent about six years in College Park and Riverdale Park, Maryland, which is literally a parking lot away from DeMatha, where CK went to school.  Most of my work involved teaming with municipal and county agencies on design projects.  Since this is pretty much all hearsay, I can't claim it's absolutely the real story, but this is what I heard from people that know pieces of how that went down.

On one particular project, a volunteer, who happened to be a teacher at DeMatha (he claimed to be CK's favorite teacher), noticed my AU hat and we had a few conversations about the football culture at Maryland versus the SEC.  While discussing CK, he talked about what kind of kid he was, and that he was confident Auburn would get his signature.  I figured he was simply telling me what I wanted to hear, so I kind of didn't believe him.  Point being, according to this guy, CK had already made up his mind about Auburn and knew better than to make it public.

A few months later on another project, I worked with a guy from the county planning commission who happened to be a huge LSU fan.  By that point all sorts of stories were circulating about how uat flipped him, one of the big ones being that a uat booster donated a ton of money for a new stadium in order to get CK.  He told me the anonymous donor was Chris Samuels.  He hated dink and uat, and said he wanted to turn them in to the NCAA but never did anything because he didn't want to risk losing the facility.  CK wasn't going to school around there (or LSU), so why bother.

Fast forward again, the same county guy told me he then believed uat had committed a major violation, possibly even fraud, because the deal to donate the money for the facility was definitely between uat boosters and the folks in DeMatha's athletic department, not MNCPPC.  He also said the head football coach at DeMatha, who had been there for decades, raised hades when he found out they were shopping players.  He resigned and took an unpaid position at a rival school when uat threatened to cut CK's brother and DeMatha sided with the turds.

WDE!

On 8/14/2018 at 2:47 PM, Scotty2Hotty said:

Nothern Australia is closer to the Equator but Southern Australia might be drier.  Melbourne, where he played Aussie Rules, is probably on par with Alabama actually....FWIW.

3 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

He resigned and took an unpaid position at a rival school when uat threatened to cut CK's brother and DeMatha sided with the turds.

Thus the infamous “Whadaya doing bro?” from CK’s brother. Makes sense now. 

4 hours ago, jared52 said:

Wow @MadtownTiger, that is quite a story. Thanks for sharing. I remember hearing rumblings of a stadium donation in relation to this situation so maybe there's some truth to it.

I know that part is 100% true.  There was a huge donation to build/upgrade a county-operated athletic facility Dematha shares with other schools.  DeMatha isn't hurting for loose cash, and this was something they couldn't afford.  There's also a huge indoor track/field, an aquatic center, an academic resource building, a gymnastics center and a really nice fitness center.

It wasn't all uat booster money, though.  People have speculated there was a concerted effort from a few of those schools to shop players.  Prince George's County is so corrupt, nothing would surprise me.  About the same time the FBI raided the county commissioner's house and arrested him and his wife for being the masterminds behind a multi-million dollar pay-for-play scheme.  They caught him trying to flush a $100K check down the toilet.  She had like $50K in cash stuffed in her bra.

WDE!

Edit: I just looked it up.  She got caught with $79,600 cash in her bra.

Archived