Rivals ranking update August 2018 (Auburn 5* Bump Edition)

ellitor

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

The rivals top 250 just came out. There are some Auburn commits and targets in there. The most immediate notable movement was Zion Puckett jumping 119 spots to 114 overall. Also major linebacker target Tyron Hopper jumped 134 spots to 111 overall.  He’s a Florida commit who Auburn has a real shot at flipping. If you guys will be patient I will list all Auburn commits and targets in the top 250 when I get my new computer in a day or so.

It’s been 6 hours!!! Where’s that list??

:D

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ellitor said:

The rivals top 250 just came out. There are some Auburn commits and targets in there. The most immediate notable movement was Zion Puckett jumping 119 spots to 114 overall. Also major linebacker target Tyron Hopper jumped 134 spots to 111 overall.  He’s a Florida commit who Auburn has a real shot at flipping. If you guys will be patient I will list all Auburn commits and targets in the top 250 when I get my new computer in a day or so.

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

E acting like he’s never been to a public library to use a computer .....   (E,  yellow font). 

3 hours ago, jared52 said:

Oh my new computer I haven’t gotten yet.

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

E acting like he’s never been to a public library to use a computer .....   (E,  yellow font). 

Y’all don’t pay me enough to do that. LOL

5 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Public library computers are for free use...   ?

Meaning the cost of my time and the inconvenience. LOL

It's awesome they got bumps. 

But for some of you who like being sarcastic, most of the upset about Auburn and 5 stars is with RB and DB. 

When is the last 5* (by at least some rankings) 

QB to sign? Jarrett Stidham

WR? Duke Williams

LB Trey Williams

When is the last 5* DB to sign with us? I don't think any have in my entire lifetime. 

When is the last 5* RB to sign? Jovon Robinson and Roc Thomas 

People were upset that we can't manage to sign a 5* DB and are never in the mix for 5* RBs anymore. 

No one says Auburn can't sign 5* kids. We get 1 or 2 a year usually. You guys are acting like people are upset that we never sign 5*s. People were upset because we can't sign 5* DBs. They are also upset that we never are in the picture for the top backs in the nation. 

Each one of you who commented snidely know exactly what people were upset about. 

27 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

No one says Auburn can't sign 5* kids. We get 1 or 2 a year usually.

There may have been a year when we signed 2 five stars in the same class, but I don't recall when that was. I'm speaking composite 5* guys.

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There may have been a year when we signed 2 five stars in the same class, but I don't recall when that was. I'm speaking composite 5* guys.

2013, Monty Adams and Carl Lawson

2014, Roc Thomas, Duke Williams and Tre Williams

2015, Jovon Robinson and Byron Cowart

42 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Byron number 5 on the charts number 1 in our hearts.

Byron plays for the troubled Maryland Terps now. That is a mess of a program to land on.

37 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Byron plays for the troubled Maryland Terps now. That is a mess of a program to land on.

I genuinely feel sorry for the guy. 

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I genuinely feel sorry for the guy. 

Yeah, and he just thought Garner was a hard ass.

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It's awesome they got bumps. 

But for some of you who like being sarcastic, most of the upset about Auburn and 5 stars is with RB and DB. 

When is the last 5* (by at least some rankings) 

QB to sign? Jarrett Stidham

WR? Duke Williams

LB Trey Williams

When is the last 5* DB to sign with us? I don't think any have in my entire lifetime. 

When is the last 5* RB to sign? Jovon Robinson and Roc Thomas 

People were upset that we can't manage to sign a 5* DB and are never in the mix for 5* RBs anymore. 

No one says Auburn can't sign 5* kids. We get 1 or 2 a year usually. You guys are acting like people are upset that we never sign 5*s. People were upset because we can't sign 5* DBs. They are also upset that we never are in the picture for the top backs in the nation. 

Each one of you who commented snidely know exactly what people were upset about. 

Really?  You know how dang hard it is to get a 5 star player in any position? That is top,top,top tier status. 5 stars don't come very often and I hate to say it, but AU isn't a blue blood type of school like tOSU, Bama, ND, etc. Usually, if we do get a 5 star, we have to jump on them early or one of our coaches have had a very unique relationship with them E.G. Kiehl Frazier.  So, I will blatantly say people who are upset about this need to chill the heck out. 5-star players don't grow on trees. They are a rarity and every freaking school in the US is vying for their attention. Be freaking blessed, if we are in the discussion to land one, TBH. This goes for most schools, BTW who aren't blue blood type. A prime example was Ryan Mallett. He originally went to Michigan but came back to Arkansas because he actually grew up in Texarkana. Now, Auburn clearly isn't on the tier of Arkansas, but we aren't on the national level of these other schools either, this is including Clemson now.  

One more thing: From a DB standpoint, why would you choose AU at this point? We don't have this huge history of putting tons of DBs in the NFL. At least not recently. If they do go, they either get drafted late or get an undrafted contract. You got to have a perspective on these things. Florida, LSU, Alabama, FSU, tOSU...those schools always probably have an upper hand on us in the DB department until we prove otherwise on the field. Again, there are always outliers, specifically, if you do have a pipeline to these type of players.

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Those were composite 5* guys? Good search effort, if true.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Good job! I appreciate a fast, accurate worker.

I appreciate people who do things for themselves. I'm not fond of lazy whiners. 

Strange how only 3 out of the 7 worked out. Not always about being a 5 star recruit. A lot more goes into it. Of course you want to get the best player, but sometimes heart and playing in a system and environment that fits a particular player makes the difference in success of 3 and 4 star recruits over some 5 stars.

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Good work Loof but Duke ended up a four star on the composite... https://auburn.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Commits/

Jovon ended up a composite four-star as well... https://auburn.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits/

8 hours ago, DAG said:

Really?  You know how dang hard it is to get a 5 star player in any position? That is top,top,top tier status. 5 stars don't come very often and I hate to say it, but AU isn't a blue blood type of school like tOSU, Bama, ND, etc. Usually, if we do get a 5 star, we have to jump on them early or one of our coaches have had a very unique relationship with them E.G. Kiehl Frazier.  So, I will blatantly say people who are upset about this need to chill the heck out. 5-star players don't grow on trees. They are a rarity and every freaking school in the US is vying for their attention. Be freaking blessed, if we are in the discussion to land one, TBH. This goes for most schools, BTW who aren't blue blood type. A prime example was Ryan Mallett. He originally went to Michigan but came back to Arkansas because he actually grew up in Texarkana. Now, Auburn clearly isn't on the tier of Arkansas, but we aren't on the national level of these other schools either, this is including Clemson now.  

One more thing: From a DB standpoint, why would you choose AU at this point? We don't have this huge history of putting tons of DBs in the NFL. At least not recently. If they do go, they either get drafted late or get an undrafted contract. You got to have a perspective on these things. Florida, LSU, Alabama, FSU, tOSU...those schools always probably have an upper hand on us in the DB department until we prove otherwise on the field. Again, there are always outliers, specifically, if you do have a pipeline to these type of players.

little-girl-clap.gif

9 hours ago, DAG said:

We are only in on 5*s in the southeast and these blue bloods are going after national kids,ie bama, notyourdame, etc...

28 minutes ago, toddc said:

We are only in on 5*s in the southeast and these blue bloods are going after national kids,ie bama, notyourdame, etc...

That tells you the power of perception and tradition. The point is it is very hard to pull a 5 star recruit. Being disappointed is one thing , but to be upset and critical about that? Reeks of entitlement to me. I am waiting for the callback from our friend in Oregon , but to even further my point...

Oregon, a team who has went to the NC two times and has Nike in their back pocket has signed a handful of five star athletes in the last decade. Think about that? They have Nike, an instrumental force in the sports world and had pretty dang good success under Chip Kelly and got 5 total 5 star commits since 2018 ( 247 website). We currently have three committed to us. Again, perspective is needed.

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I appreciate people who do things for themselves. I'm not fond of lazy whiners. 

Apparently I was too quick to offer praise. Seems your work, while fast, wasn't accurate. I recommend that next time you take four minutes instead of two. That should let your findings have a better chance of being correct.

15 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Demond Washington in 2009.

https://www.scout.com/Season/2009-Football/Recruits/?Player.FullName=demond washington&Player.Enabled=False&Recruitment.Enabled=False

Archived