Rivals ranking update August 2018 (Auburn 5* Bump Edition)

ellitor

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, look at Mister Fancy Pants. Let me guess, you're one of those guys who "showers" and "uses deodorant". Sorry if the smell of nature offends you, FREDST.

It's not like I've gotten kicked off a plane... often.

Well, I was speaking metaphorically but now that you mention it:

EFA0ECF5-A168-4A7E-841B-932F9A443609.gif

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Girls don't talk to me. :(

Not such a bad thing as long as Mrs. Loof does....

What any of this thread has to do with recruiting is beyond me, lol

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

E is probably losing his mind right now haha

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well me and you normally completely disagree so that’s okay

Well of course. Water is still wet after all.

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

Travis Williams smells like sandalwood, leather and victory.

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

E, your last comment in this post got me thinking, and I wanted to know your opinion and other posters opinions. By the time the UA All Star competition rolls around in January, Bo Nix will have finished his last year of high school football and be enrolled at AU. He could possibly be competing for a starting job once spring starts. If you were Bo, would it be worth the time and injury risk to compete for a 5th Star, or would you shut it down and focus on AU? 

The real injury risk is low for a QB in those games. And if his mindset is to play to try to be rated as a 5* then we would have problems. He should & probably does want to play in that game because it is an honor & privledge to do so & to compete against the best in the nation in his class 1 more time. To be honest unless he had a nagging injury going into the game & week, a recruit choosing to not be a part of that game & week would give me serious concerns about his competitiveness if I were the college coach getting the recruit.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe but since the rankings are done no point in not letting posters shoot the breeze. Also threads in the recruiting forum get derailed all the time but don't get locked. No point in randomly busting in now to lock an enjoyable conversation.

Well I think @SumterAubie needs to apologize to me.......

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I think @SumterAubie needs to apologize to me.......

I apologize for pointing out your brain is addled from  your playing football before helmets were used. Plus the unspoken insinuation by that statement you are OLD. ?  

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

I regret pointing out your brain is addled from playing football before helmets were used. Plus the unspoken statement you are OLD. ?

I feel better

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Even a family has to fight from time to time.   Let it all out!!!

This is how I envision dinner time at Golf’s house.  I’ll let you guys figure out which one is Golf...

*** WARNING: Contains some spicy ? language.  

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

The real injury risk is low for a QB in those games. And if his mindset is to play to try to be rated as a 5* then we would have problems. He should & probably does want to play in that game because it is an honor & privledge to do so & to compete against the best in the nation in his class 1 more time. To be honest unless he had a nagging injury going into the game & week, a recruit choosing to not be a part of that game & week would give me serious concerns about his competitiveness if I were the college coach getting the recruit.

I love this response E 

Since I promised this in the beginning here's all AU commits & targets ranked in the Rivals 250 which I couldn't do before I got my new computer...

Positions listed are where AU is recruiting prospects

#3 WR Jadon Haselwood (UGA) , was #6
#12 WR George Pickens, was #43 (picked up 5th *)
#16 OT Wanya Morris (Vols), was #15
#23 OG/C Clay Webb, was #10
#26 LB Owen Pappoe, no movement but picked up 5th *
#27 QB Bo Nix, up from #40 (picked up 5th *)

#32 LB Nakobe Dean, was #24
#49 LB Khris Bogle, was #50
#70 RB Mark-Antony Richards, was #28
#71 RB Noah Cain, was #49
#73 WR Jalen Curry, was #72
#77 S Nick Cross, was #73
#105 OT/OG Will Putnam, was #104
#111 LB Tyron Hopper (Florida),  was 245
#112 RB Kenny McIntosh, up from #113
#114 CB/Nickel Zion Puckett, was #233
#115 CB Jalen Perry (UGA), was #114
#129 DT/SDE Jaren Handy, was #131
#136 Trezman Marshall (UGA), was #141
#143 OG Keiondre Jones, was #150
#175 CB Devin Bush, was #52
#190 CB Cam'Ron Kelly, was #184
#194 DT/SDE Charles Moore, was #190
#204 S Jammie Robinson, was #199
#223 LB Dante Starks (LSU), no movement

***Note S commit Jashawn Sheffield fell from #159 to the 330-350 range. This drop offset the gains from other commits in the composite rankings.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

@ellitor do you have any thoughts to why the drop for  Sheffield?  That's an absurd drop.

Haven't had a chance to look for articles yet but he has been steadily dropping on Rivals since he initial ranking of #20...

image.png

This was written before Zion committed but still nice blurb...

Making the Case: Three who could jump into the next Rivals100

Zion Puckett

One to keep an eye on is Griffin (Ga.) Spalding's Zion Puckett. He is set to commit to Alabama, Auburn or Tennessee in the near future, and it is easy to see why he is coveted by a trio of SEC programs. Some schools love his speed on the outside at wide receiver, while others think he could be a future cornerback that plays on Sunday.

Puckett does not get out and do too many camps, but he does play 7-on-7. He was one of the most talked about performers week in and week out the last couple of months. He is back to being 100 percent healthy after missing much or his sophomore year, and he has full confidence. Puckett is a true athlete who could be a star on either side of the ball. He really made a strong impression over the spring and summer on those that saw him. We expect a big senior season. -- Chad Simmons, Rivals.com Southeast analyst

Rivals Ranking Week: Does the 2019 class have a five-star QB?

A case can be made for Bo Nix as a five-star for many reasons. He’s mobile, he can extend the play, he has a strong arm and he’s accurate. This summer, at the Five Star Challenge and at The Opening and Elite 11, he was up with the top group easily in each setting. At the Five Star challenge, he was hands down the best quarterback of the group and never slowed down from his first pass to his last. And at The Opening and Elite 11 he was neck and neck with Spencer Rattler when it came to the best quarterback all around.

I like his confidence and what he brings to the table as a leader. I’m not sure if there is a true five-star superstar quarterback in this class or not, it’s not a great year at quarterback, but a case can be made for Nix as one of the best and because he plays the premier position in college football, that five-star case can be made. - Rivals.com National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell

Archived